Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-05-2012, 10:52 PM

Default UFC on FOX 5 *SPOILERS*

Phil Harris vs. Darren Uyenoyama

Round 1:
Nick Gamst is the referee for the card's opening fight. Uyenoyama comes charging out of the gate and assumes Octagon control. Soon thereafter, he clinches Harris against the cage. They switch position several times before Harris scores a takedown. Uyenoyama right back to his feet, but Harris is dogged in going for another takedown. Uyenoyama fights it, but Harris gets the sweep and the takedown. Uyenoyama manages to maneuver Harris into a solid triangle choke, but Harris manages to pop out and get back to his feet. Uyenoyama goes for a somersault kick. Uyenoyama throws occasional kicks in the final minute. Stronger finish for the latter, but Harris early work makes the difference.

Round 2:
Opening minute features both guys throwing occasional single strikes, DU with kicks and Harris with right hands. Uyenoyama bulls forward, throws a knee, and sends Harris back against the fence. Harris goes for a takedown, but Uyenoyama manages to turn it into a rolling Kimura, briefly gets Harris' back, and ends up in top position with two minutes left. DU again gets Harris' back, gets his hooks in for a rear naked choke, and that's it, as Harris taps.

Darren Uyenoyama def. Phil Harris via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:38 of round two.

Analysis courtesty of mmafighting.com

Sorry to be so late, folks; we had a notary come by and it took longer than we expected.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 10-05-2012, 10:54 PM

Diego Nunes vs. Bart Palaszewski

Round 1:
Nunes has long been know as a defense-first fighter, but he tags Palaszewksi with a big right hand and chases after him, landing another blow which opens a cut over his left eye. But the veteran Palaszewski swiftly manuevers Nunes into a triangle choke. while it's tight, Nunes manages to hang on. Nunes still in the triangle, but not nearly as tight. Two minutes into the fight. Nunes finally pops free and gets top position. He lands several big elbows. Nunes stands, is wary of an upkick, but lands a punch. Both scramble to their feet. Gigantic right hand by Nunes drops him. Palaszewski somehow keeps his wits and covers up. Final minute. Nunes stands again, then passes guard and lands several more blows in the closing seconds.

Round 2:
Less frenetic pace in the opening moments. Palaszewski throws a combo. But Nunes tags him with a spinning back first, then scores a takedown. Palaszewski fends him off and gets back to his feet midway through the round, then connects on a body kick. Nunes throws a big right which glances his opponent's temple. One minute left. Nunes mixing up his strikes. Nunes with a late takedown.

Round 3:
Palaszewski knows he needs a finish to win the fight, and connects on a left hook. He wobbles Nunes with a combo. Nunes still looks dazed. He throws and misses a spinning back kick. They trade kicks for awhile. Three minutes left. Both fighters look tired. Nunes throws a right and Palaszewksi answers with a combo. Two minutes left, Palaszewksi is going to have to summon one more big flurry. Nunes playing it more cautious this round. He halfheartedly attempts a takedown, nothing comes of it. One minute left, Nunes looks more energetic. Spinning kick lands to the ribs. Drops him with a big right, Nunes unleashes the ground and pound but Bart's saved by the bell.

Diego Nunes def. Bart Palaszewski via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27).

Old 10-05-2012, 10:55 PM

Shane Roller vs. Jacob Volkmann

Round 1:
Volkmann, the hometown favorite, doggedly pursues a single-leg early, but Roller frees himself. Volkmann connects on a combo. Volkmann goes for a takedown, gets it and takes Roller's bac. Roller's on his knees, covers up as Volkmann rains down punches. Volkmann trying to maneuver into position for a rear-naked choke. He does so, sinks it in, and Roller taps.

Jacob Volkmann def. Shane Roller via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:38 of round one.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:58 PM

Marcus LeVesseur vs. Carlo Prater

Round 1:
LeVesseur swings and misses on a wild overhand right out of the gate. The exchange ends up with Prater bodylocking him along the cage, where he lands an occasional knee. A minute in, still locked up. Prater mixing knees and shoulder strikes. But LaVesseur counters with a trip. Stalemate on the ground and refereee Josh Rosenthal stands them up. LeVesseur darts in and out. Prater catches him coming in, goes for a flying triangle, but LaVesseur picks him up and carries him over to the fecne. Two minutes left. LaVesseur still carrying Prater, who has a standing guillotine. He lets go of the choke and lands on his feet. About a minute left, a positional clinch battle emerges. LaVesseur tries for a takedown, doesn't get it. Close round

Round 2:
Another clinch fest along the fence breaks out. LaVesseur's the wrestler here but he's yet to score a takedown. Prater goes for a trip, doesn't get it, and LaVesseur pops him off the break. Prater's gone for the Thai clinch several times but hasn't been able to do much with it. Two minutes left, Prater takes his foe to the floor and gets a guillotine, but not particularly tight. LaVesseur breaks it and comes out swinging as the two scramble to their feet. One minute left. Fight's back out to center Octagon. LaVesseur goes for a double-leg, but Prater anticipates it and ends up with a half-hearted choke as the round ends.

Round 3:
Opening minute features both fighters again clinching along the fence. LaVesseur throws a couple big uppercuts, but Prater again closes the distance and they're once again tied up. Rosenthal breaks it up and resets them in the middle, midway through the round. 90 seconds left, Prater gets his tightest submission attempt of the fight, but LaVesseur manages to get out of the guillotine choke. LaVesseur on top, but Prater's doing a good job covering up. Another late sub attempt in the closing seconds.

Marcus LaVesseur def. Carlo Prater via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28).

Old 10-05-2012, 11:25 PM

Mike Pierce vs. Aaron Simpson

Round 1:
Daryl Guthmiller is the referee for this welterweight fight. The two Greco clinch in center Octagon and break about 30 seconds later. Pierce clinches Simpson against the fence. Simpson with a high kick coming off the break. Two minutes left. Pierce stalks Simpson but Simpson tags him and lands a knee. Pierce grabs a single leg and won't let go. My TV feed goes out for about 30 seconds. By the time it's back, Simpson has Pierce in a choke as the round ends.

Round 2:
Simpson gets sloppy coming in and Pierce absolutely tags him with a short right hand on the jaw. Pierce follows up with a series of right hands and that's all she wrote.

Mike Pierce def. Aaron Simpson via TKO at 0:29 of round two.

I like both guys but was rooting for Aaron. I hope Dana doesn't cut him, although his overall record is good, he's had far too many decisions for a fighter who started out with TKOs and a sub for the earlier half of his record. I wonder what happened? Maybe he just reached his pinnacle and that's it?

Last edited by flo; 10-05-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:46 PM

Danny Castillo vs. Michael Johnson

Round 1:
Josh Rosenthal is the referee for this lightweight bout. It doesn't take long before Castillo catches Johnson with a gigantic right hand, then follows on the ground with a series of hammer fists. Castillo from top position, tries to move into position for a triangle, then moves to side control. Johnson escapes a triangle, but eats a couple elbows from Castillo. Johnson, in half-guard, lands a right hand to the body and another to the head. Johnson doing his best to keep him wrapped up. Johnson doing a good job keeping Castillo tied up. Johnson briefly pushes Castillo off, but Castillo dives right back on top of him late. Johnson did a good enough job defending in the second half of the round to keep it from being a 10-8.

Round 2:
Johnson sprawls a Castillo takedown attempt and throws a front kick. And Johnson pulls off his Tim Boetsch moment. Castillo went for a low kick and Johnson hit a short left directly to the jaw. Castillo hit the mat and Johnson followed up with several big right hands before Rosenthal stopped it.

Michael Johnson def. Danny Castillo via knockout at 1:06 of round two.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I like both guys but was rooting for Aaron. I hope Dana doesn't cut him, although his overall record is good, he's had far too many decisions for a fighter who started out with TKOs and a sub for the earlier half of his record. I wonder what happened? Maybe he just reached his pinnacle and that's it?
I'm not sure what has happened with Aaron. He is a good fighter and I don't think they will cut him.

I was pulling for Pierce, I like how he fights and he is one of the nicest fighters that I have met. I just wish he could have blasted Koscheck or Fitch like he did tonight.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:03 AM

The reports I've seen so far are that Jeremy was arrested on a felony warrant from another state but they don't say what the felony was. Sounds pretty serious. Dana was quoted as saying the fight is still on but I don't think it is. We don't have FUELTV (dang comcast ) but I'm thinking it was scrubbed.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
The reports I've seen so far are that Jeremy was arrested on a felony warrant from another state but they don't say what the felony was. Sounds pretty serious. Dana was quoted as saying the fight is still on but I don't think it is. We don't have FUELTV (dang comcast ) but I'm thinking it was scrubbed.
If the fight happens it will be later tonight, like after the main event. He is still in jail!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I'm not sure what has happened with Aaron. He is a good fighter and I don't think they will cut him.

I was pulling for Pierce, I like how he fights and he is one of the nicest fighters that I have met. I just wish he could have blasted Koscheck or Fitch like he did tonight.
Yeah, they are both good fighters! Always hard to pick one in that case!