Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-16-2012, 05:33 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,556
Default

should be good tonite ... i think that obama will be sharper, but i think the format is going to be better for mitt ... should be great!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-23-2012, 01:55 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,556
Default

i think obama did a good job again last nite ... for some reason i get the feeling that mitt has been relying on the first debate and not wanting to get into too many arguments ... last nite he looked like he was agreeing with a lot of obama fp issues and not putting too much difference between his ideas and baracks ... don't know if that should get him the votes he wants though ..
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i think obama did a good job again last nite ... for some reason i get the feeling that mitt has been relying on the first debate and not wanting to get into too many arguments ... last nite he looked like he was agreeing with a lot of obama fp issues and not putting too much difference between his ideas and baracks ... don't know if that should get him the votes he wants though ..
I think Obama was miffed that Mitt wasn't giving him anything to really hammer him with; and Obama came off at times as being small and condescending. One example, when they were talking about the military, Obama's comment, "...we have things called air craft carriers that planes land on..." Some are saying Obama won this one because he was more aggressive; I agree he was being agressive, interrupting, speaking over Romney, but Mitt stayed cool and calm showing his knowledge about our foreign affairs--he was clear on his points of what he would do about Iran and China, and his ideas about pursuing trade opportunities with Latin America. After the debate, there was some fact checking on two or three "quotes" that were brought up by each candidate about what the other had previously said about an issue, etc..., and on each fact check, Romney was correct and Obama was wrong.

Everybody is saying they think the election is going to come down to the economy, and if that bears out, Romney should win. The next jobs number comes out right before the election.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-23-2012, 05:06 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I think Obama was miffed that Mitt wasn't giving him anything to really hammer him with; and Obama came off at times as being small and condescending. One example, when they were talking about the military, Obama's comment, "...we have things called air craft carriers that planes land on..." Some are saying Obama won this one because he was more aggressive; I agree he was being agressive, interrupting, speaking over Romney, but Mitt stayed cool and calm showing his knowledge about our foreign affairs--he was clear on his points of what he would do about Iran and China, and his ideas about pursuing trade opportunities with Latin America. After the debate, there was some fact checking on two or three "quotes" that were brought up by each candidate about what the other had previously said about an issue, etc..., and on each fact check, Romney was correct and Obama was wrong.

Everybody is saying they think the election is going to come down to the economy, and if that bears out, Romney should win. The next jobs number comes out right before the election.
u could be right bon .. i don't think there was a chance that romney coulda won this last debate anyway .. the prez has way more access to fp issues, data etc .. so mitt just wanted to minimize damage .. i think he did that ..

it should be real close though .. imo, i don't think either guy will do much about the economy .. in 4 years, whoever is in power, things will be better than they are today ... its just a matter of how much ... this campaign has been pretty clean though imo .. both sides have had their moments .. michelle clapping at the last debate .. romney's son saying he wanted to punch out the prez ... LOL ... i realize there are bigger things at stake for you guys .. i am just seeing this as great entertainment ..
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
u could be right bon .. i don't think there was a chance that romney coulda won this last debate anyway .. the prez has way more access to fp issues, data etc .. so mitt just wanted to minimize damage .. i think he did that ..

it should be real close though .. imo, i don't think either guy will do much about the economy .. in 4 years, whoever is in power, things will be better than they are today ... its just a matter of how much ... this campaign has been pretty clean though imo .. both sides have had their moments .. michelle clapping at the last debate .. romney's son saying he wanted to punch out the prez ... LOL ... i realize there are bigger things at stake for you guys .. i am just seeing this as great entertainment ..
What?!...hadn't heard that! That would make for entertainment, wouldn't it! Michelle deserved a punch too, but she looks like she could punch back...hard!

I agree with you, it's harder for debate on foreign policy to be a level playing field for the challenger, but I think Romney did really well--way better than the President was hoping!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-23-2012, 07:20 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
What?!...hadn't heard that! That would make for entertainment, wouldn't it! Michelle deserved a punch too, but she looks like she could punch back...hard!

I agree with you, it's harder for debate on foreign policy to be a level playing field for the challenger, but I think Romney did really well--way better than the President was hoping!
i"m sure he didn't mean it literally .. he was asked something like how does it feel to hear obama call your dad a liar or something and he said he felt like running out of his seat and wanting to swing at obama .. somehting like that .. i don't think a lot of people made a big deal about it .. although i am sure he got a talking to from dad and the campaign organizers though .. LOL .. don't think the SS paid him a vist like they did jacob volkmann .....
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-25-2012, 09:00 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,310
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-02-2012, 06:00 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,719
Default

Nice one, Ben.

Uninstalling Obama......... ███████████████▒ 98% complete.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16

Last edited by flo; 11-02-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-02-2012, 11:13 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,310
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Here's something else posted by that same guy. It's gigantic, so I'll just post the link here, but I thought it was interesting & y'all might get a kick out of it:

http://xkcd.com/1127/large/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-02-2012, 06:48 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,719
Default

That's a pretty interesting graph. Nice find, Ben!
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.