Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-16-2012, 05:33 PM

should be good tonite ... i think that obama will be sharper, but i think the format is going to be better for mitt ... should be great!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:55 PM

i think obama did a good job again last nite ... for some reason i get the feeling that mitt has been relying on the first debate and not wanting to get into too many arguments ... last nite he looked like he was agreeing with a lot of obama fp issues and not putting too much difference between his ideas and baracks ... don't know if that should get him the votes he wants though ..
Old 10-23-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i think obama did a good job again last nite ... for some reason i get the feeling that mitt has been relying on the first debate and not wanting to get into too many arguments ... last nite he looked like he was agreeing with a lot of obama fp issues and not putting too much difference between his ideas and baracks ... don't know if that should get him the votes he wants though ..
I think Obama was miffed that Mitt wasn't giving him anything to really hammer him with; and Obama came off at times as being small and condescending. One example, when they were talking about the military, Obama's comment, "...we have things called air craft carriers that planes land on..." Some are saying Obama won this one because he was more aggressive; I agree he was being agressive, interrupting, speaking over Romney, but Mitt stayed cool and calm showing his knowledge about our foreign affairs--he was clear on his points of what he would do about Iran and China, and his ideas about pursuing trade opportunities with Latin America. After the debate, there was some fact checking on two or three "quotes" that were brought up by each candidate about what the other had previously said about an issue, etc..., and on each fact check, Romney was correct and Obama was wrong.

Everybody is saying they think the election is going to come down to the economy, and if that bears out, Romney should win. The next jobs number comes out right before the election.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I think Obama was miffed that Mitt wasn't giving him anything to really hammer him with; and Obama came off at times as being small and condescending. One example, when they were talking about the military, Obama's comment, "...we have things called air craft carriers that planes land on..." Some are saying Obama won this one because he was more aggressive; I agree he was being agressive, interrupting, speaking over Romney, but Mitt stayed cool and calm showing his knowledge about our foreign affairs--he was clear on his points of what he would do about Iran and China, and his ideas about pursuing trade opportunities with Latin America. After the debate, there was some fact checking on two or three "quotes" that were brought up by each candidate about what the other had previously said about an issue, etc..., and on each fact check, Romney was correct and Obama was wrong.

Everybody is saying they think the election is going to come down to the economy, and if that bears out, Romney should win. The next jobs number comes out right before the election.
u could be right bon .. i don't think there was a chance that romney coulda won this last debate anyway .. the prez has way more access to fp issues, data etc .. so mitt just wanted to minimize damage .. i think he did that ..

it should be real close though .. imo, i don't think either guy will do much about the economy .. in 4 years, whoever is in power, things will be better than they are today ... its just a matter of how much ... this campaign has been pretty clean though imo .. both sides have had their moments .. michelle clapping at the last debate .. romney's son saying he wanted to punch out the prez ... LOL ... i realize there are bigger things at stake for you guys .. i am just seeing this as great entertainment ..
Old 10-23-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
u could be right bon .. i don't think there was a chance that romney coulda won this last debate anyway .. the prez has way more access to fp issues, data etc .. so mitt just wanted to minimize damage .. i think he did that ..

it should be real close though .. imo, i don't think either guy will do much about the economy .. in 4 years, whoever is in power, things will be better than they are today ... its just a matter of how much ... this campaign has been pretty clean though imo .. both sides have had their moments .. michelle clapping at the last debate .. romney's son saying he wanted to punch out the prez ... LOL ... i realize there are bigger things at stake for you guys .. i am just seeing this as great entertainment ..
What?!...hadn't heard that! That would make for entertainment, wouldn't it! Michelle deserved a punch too, but she looks like she could punch back...hard!

I agree with you, it's harder for debate on foreign policy to be a level playing field for the challenger, but I think Romney did really well--way better than the President was hoping!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
What?!...hadn't heard that! That would make for entertainment, wouldn't it! Michelle deserved a punch too, but she looks like she could punch back...hard!

I agree with you, it's harder for debate on foreign policy to be a level playing field for the challenger, but I think Romney did really well--way better than the President was hoping!
i"m sure he didn't mean it literally .. he was asked something like how does it feel to hear obama call your dad a liar or something and he said he felt like running out of his seat and wanting to swing at obama .. somehting like that .. i don't think a lot of people made a big deal about it .. although i am sure he got a talking to from dad and the campaign organizers though .. LOL .. don't think the SS paid him a vist like they did jacob volkmann .....
Old 10-25-2012, 09:00 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Old 11-02-2012, 06:00 AM

Nice one, Ben.

Uninstalling Obama......... ███████████████▒ 98% complete.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16

Last edited by flo; 11-02-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:13 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Here's something else posted by that same guy. It's gigantic, so I'll just post the link here, but I thought it was interesting & y'all might get a kick out of it:

http://xkcd.com/1127/large/
Old 11-02-2012, 06:48 PM

That's a pretty interesting graph. Nice find, Ben!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16