Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I wonder if he is avoiding the question? Or maybe he has me on his ignore list and can't see my posts.
Sorry, I was too busy lol’ing at rnc calling me ‘Dave.’ And no, of course you’re not on my ignore list!

As for what we should do, of course we should continue usual letter writing, calling, demonstrating etc. and we should make sure that what we are trying to accomplish will improve the culture for everyone rather than just making other people comply with our beliefs. For example just banning homosexuality would not make gay people want to turn to Christ; it would just make them resent Christians. We should try to get the government and media to least not promote sinful lifestyles, and do what we can to make sure the way out is well lighted and clearly marked.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
I personally don't believe it is possible to 'convert' a gay person.

Just to look at it from the other side.. Is it possible to convert a straight person?
Old 10-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Except there is evidence that people can be cured of homosexuality. Do you really think that GOD can't take away homosexual desires AND the desire to drink alcohol?
See.. this is where you an I disagree Nate...

I don't think that anything is impossible for God.. I feel that God is mearly watching and judging..
Old 10-03-2012, 09:25 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Just to look at it from the other side.. Is it possible to convert a straight person?
What do you mean by convert?

I believe a gay man can have sex with women. I know one who was married with three kids to a woman (faithfully) for 23 years. She divorced him and he then explored his (lifelong) desires to be with another man. He has slept with other women since also. But I think (and he would agree now) that his sexual preference is a man.

A straight man can have sex with a man.

Some people are bisexual.

How can you change a person's sexual preference? I just don't know if that is possible.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I wonder if he is avoiding the question? Or maybe he has me on his ignore list and can't see my posts.

Nate? Anyone? Anyone have an opinion on the question? I would love to hear it. Bueller?

"so as a Christian, what is one supposed to do about it (this subject)?"
Well, the first step is to not compromise the truth just because it happens to be unpopular. We need to bear witness to the truth of GOD's Word. Even if it costs us our freedom, our families, or even our lives, we must stand up for the truth. Right now it's just unpopular in this country to be a Christian, however, very soon it could become dangerous to be a Christian in America.

Secondly, we are blessed enough to have been born into a country where we are allowed to speak out against our government and stand up for our religious beliefs without repercussions. Of course, those freedoms are becoming increasingly restricted as our nation drifts towards Liberalism, but we still have a responsibility to stand up for Biblical truth.

Third, for those people who have children, the most important job of any parent is to raise children that love GOD. That's your primary mission field. Raising children who hunger and thirst for righteousness is more important than their health, it's more important than their financial security, and it's more important than their education. As our pastor has said, he'd rather have sons who were dirt-poor, high school dropouts and loved GOD, instead of sons who were successful doctors who had no time for GOD.

I'm not saying that kids should be uneducated, I'm just saying that no amount of education is going to save your children from Hell. So, just remember that their relationship with Christ is infinitely more important than their college diploma.

If a law like this one in California isn't challenged, then it's just a matter of time before parents will be deemed unfit by the State for teaching their children Biblical morality.

Finally, and this is the most important thing, we can pray. Pray for our leaders that GOD might direct their path and pray for a revival in our nation.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Homosexuality is simply a perversion of heterosexuality. Saying that it's a permanent sexual orientation that can never change is just one of the many lies that are being propagated by the Gay Rights movement.

So, yes, straight people could conceivably stray into homosexual activity and possibly even become deceived enough to believe that they might have been gay all along.

There's still no solid evidence to support the theory that people are born gay. So the entire Gay Rights argument is built on a false assumption. However, the idea is so important to their ideology that many Gay Rights activists simply state it as a fact in order to employ Joseph Stalin's tactic of "if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth." However, it will never be the truth, because GOD himself condemns homosexuality and He is the only qualified author of truth.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:53 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Well, the first step is to not compromise the truth just because it happens to be unpopular. We need to bear witness to the truth of GOD's Word. Even if it costs us our freedom, our families, or even our lives, we must stand up for the truth. Right now it's just unpopular in this country to be a Christian, however, very soon it could become dangerous to be a Christian in America.

Secondly, we are blessed enough to have been born into a country where we are allowed to speak out against our government and stand up for our religious beliefs without repercussions. Of course, those freedoms are becoming increasingly restricted as our nation drifts towards Liberalism, but we still have a responsibility to stand up for Biblical truth.

Third, for those people who have children, the most important job of any parent is to raise children that love GOD. That's your primary mission field. Raising children who hunger and thirst for righteousness is more important than their health, it's more important than their financial security, and it's more important than their education. As our pastor has said, he'd rather have sons who were dirt-poor, high school dropouts and loved GOD, instead of sons who were successful doctors who had no time for GOD.

I'm not saying that kids should be uneducated, I'm just saying that no amount of education is going to save your children from Hell. So, just remember that their relationship with Christ is infinitely more important than their college diploma.

If a law like this one in California isn't challenged, then it's just a matter of time before parents will be deemed unfit by the State for teaching their children Biblical morality.

Finally, and this is the most important thing, we can pray. Pray for our leaders that GOD might direct their path and pray for a revival in our nation.
Some great stuff there. Thank you.