Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Crisco

Default If God rested on the seventh day...

Then technically wasn't the earth made in six days?

I know it sounds silly but you always hear about the seven days... and Genesis even says he rested on the seventh day of creation... So doesn't that mean he was actually finished on the sixth day?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:34 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco

I know it sounds silly but you always hear about the seven days... and Genesis even says he rested on the seventh day of creation... So doesn't that mean he was actually finished on the sixth day?
after all the physical work it takes to make bread it still needs to rise on its own for a while before its done.(i'm sure i'll get ripped for that)
Old 03-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
after all the physical work it takes to make bread it still needs to rise on its own for a while before its done.(i'm sure i'll get ripped for that)
I don't see why you would that is actually a very good analogy. God did create free will. The earth is a living thing in itself so it stands to reason it would function after he created it.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Hughes fanboy

I was thinking the same thing. The world would have needed time to decompress after all that.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Most bible-believers understand that the universe was created in 6 days (144 hours), not 7. That would include Adam and Eve.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Chris F

I think he means he will get ripped because it may be taken as theistic evoultion. Which is a pile of horse poo. God created everything in 6 days. We are just so slow it takes us awhile to discover it or to put it to use.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:07 PM
warriorlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
I think he means he will get ripped because it may be taken as theistic evoultion. Which is a pile of horse poo. God created everything in 6 days. We are just so slow it takes us awhile to discover it or to put it to use.
its another of those things that we seem to miss as christians, like when Peter gets out of the boat and walks to Jesus and starts to sink. People never preach on the fact that he had to walk back to the boat.

or the fact that Adam was right there with eve when she took the fruit, he was there when the serpent temped her and he did nothing.

God ade earth in 6 days, and day 7 he sat back and admired that wonderful creation He had made
Old 03-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion
its another of those things that we seem to miss as christians, like when Peter gets out of the boat and walks to Jesus and starts to sink. People never preach on the fact that he had to walk back to the boat.

or the fact that Adam was right there with eve when she took the fruit, he was there when the serpent temped her and he did nothing.

God ade earth in 6 days, and day 7 he sat back and admired that wonderful creation He had made
These are all things I do preach on. When you preach verse by verse you do not tend to miss the details. Excellent points.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:32 AM
County Mike

How do we know any of this? I know it's in the Bible, but who wrote it? Where did they get their info?

I'm serious. I'd like to know the info behind the info.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:36 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

Yes...Creation was completed in 6 days...the seventh day was taken as rest.

...but only for GOD. If you consider that the fall took place on the Eighth day...you have to conceed that the Rebellion and civil uprising in Heaven must have happened prior to that. By the time Lucifer was in the Garden...he'd already been evicted from Heaven

The Angelic Fall, and the Human Fall didnt happen both at the same time.

Creation isnt truely complete until the Fall...thats what the Seven Days measures...not the time it took GOD to make...but the time it took for GODs creation to be spoiled....the end of the seventh day marks the end of the perfect creation, not just in completion of its creation...but actually in terms of the termination of its being aswell...for after the Fall, Creation began a long term spiral into decline

We then have a maximum of 24 hours, if you take it literally, in which Creation existed as GOD had planned, completely created, and completely perfect...and GOD rested for the 24 hours. I doubt he's had another day like that since...I presume that Lucifer did not rest on the seventh day, but already aspired to greater things, already persuading others to follow his little coup

We dont know how long things were perfect in the Heavenly Realm...let us remember that Creation includes MORE then the creation outlined in Genesis...whilst creating the Earth, GOD was also creating the Heavens...we know VERY little about that...we dont therefore know how long Creation lasted in a perfect state.

We dont know the length of time between "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished and all the host of them" Gen 2.1 and "there was war in heaven, Michael and his Angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels and prevailed not, neither was their place found anymore in heaven" Rev 12.6

Last edited by Tyburn; 03-26-2009 at 12:48 AM.