Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Bella79's Avatar
Bella79 Bella79 is offline
I♥The♔COUNT
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: So★Cal♥ England
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
yeah they are pretty Ugly
Btw Mike's walkout shirt went on sale yesterday.. I was flipping out all day it didn't go on sale till afternoon. I was stalking the site like a vulture!! Here's the site www.mmaelite.net/
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Buc Nasty's Avatar
Buc Nasty Buc Nasty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 244
Default

That Bisping shirt is crap! Just an MMA Elite shirt with 'Bisping' and a union jack. None of the others are nice either except the BJ one.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Bella79's Avatar
Bella79 Bella79 is offline
I♥The♔COUNT
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: So★Cal♥ England
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
That Bisping shirt is crap! Just an MMA Elite shirt with 'Bisping' and a union jack. None of the others are nice either except the BJ one.

Soz I have to support my boo!! Regardless. I actually don't like his shirts lately. Boring, but whatever. Nothing compares to my custom shirt I have as my avi!!! The front has St Georges cross..............
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Bella79's Avatar
Bella79 Bella79 is offline
I♥The♔COUNT
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: So★Cal♥ England
Posts: 743
Default

I forgot a major player in this cancellation is HENDO! He admitted he knew 3wks ago his leg was hurt. Funny thing is Chael started chirpping in around that time! Then the night the rumours were spread he tweeted he had a great day of training. Meanwhile Jones is carrying all the burden..
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-30-2012, 11:09 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Jones should carry the burden, he's the one who:

1. fights for a LIVING.
2. was on the card as the main event.
3. yet, chose not to fight.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LoL who the F@#$ wrote this!! Chael is to blame for Jones not taking the fight
have to agree .... chael is no reason to blame ... he is all about self-promotion, so he is gonna promote himself and let people know he offered to take the fight .. dana and zuffa are about 99% to blame for this fight ..
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-05-2012, 02:22 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,588
Default

dana gave an interview yesterday with ariel and said that hendo knew he was injured 2 weeks before he told dana .. so imo, hendo is the one to blame ... it looks like they kept it secret to make it more likely that chael would get the fight .. now i am even more glad that jbj threw a wrench into that plan .. LOL

with that said, vitor is a tougher fight imo than both guys ... will he win? unlikely, but i will be pulling for him ... he needs to use his speed and not fear the consequences of pullling the trigger ..
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-05-2012, 02:26 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Jones should carry the burden, he's the one who:

1. fights for a LIVING.
2. was on the card as the main event.
3. yet, chose not to fight.
just saw this ..... you know where i stand on this .. dana gave boxing crap and still does for putting on one good fight surrounded by a bunch of not so good fights (to a lot of the fans) .. he did the exact same thing here ... he says jones did the selfish thing, but dana cancelling did the more selfish thing .. he coulda taken the loss, kept the event and put it on free tv ... but he cut his losses and cancelled the event, screwing over the fans that had tickets, the people making money near the event etc ...
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-05-2012, 02:59 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
just saw this ..... you know where i stand on this .. dana gave boxing crap and still does for putting on one good fight surrounded by a bunch of not so good fights (to a lot of the fans) .. he did the exact same thing here ... he says jones did the selfish thing, but dana cancelling did the more selfish thing .. he coulda taken the loss, kept the event and put it on free tv ... but he cut his losses and cancelled the event, screwing over the fans that had tickets, the people making money near the event etc ...
You say that as though it's as easy as just flipping a switch. Which Fox affliate had an open 3hrs in the programming block Saturday night? As I recall, they were all booked solid. While I agree that Dana's to blame for putting together a weak card, just saying "he coulda put it on free tv" is an over-simplified view.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-05-2012, 03:09 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
You say that as though it's as easy as just flipping a switch. Which Fox affliate had an open 3hrs in the programming block Saturday night? As I recall, they were all booked solid. While I agree that Dana's to blame for putting together a weak card, just saying "he coulda put it on free tv" is an over-simplified view.
ok .. sure .. but you are gonna take a loss ... if he went a head with the card, he woulda taken a bigger hit .. but to throw your employees under the bus to save face is a selfish move ... he knows jones has his haters and most of it would deflect onto jbj and he'd probably get more haters ... jones fought 4 times for him in 2011 and hard guys too ... i just think it was a d ick move on dana's part to deflect blame from himself ..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.