Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-22-2012, 04:52 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Frankie "Featherweight" Edgar

Quote:
Last night in LA, someone broke into LL Cool J's house, and he was able to beat down and bruise up the burglar and detain him until the police arrived. At 42 years old, LL Cool J might be one of the few rappers who actually lives up to his own hype. LL Cool J really is hard as hell. If you step up and don't come correct to LL you will get dealt with like a real life depiction of the Brand Nubian song "Punks Jump Up to Get Beat Down." He's like the Frankie Edgar of rap except for the fact that he's bigger and taller and not Italian.

He's like Frankie because if you challenge him he's going to deal with you accordingly. That's just what Frankie has decided to do this week after hearing challenging remarks from current featherweight champ, Jose Aldo. Aldo made remarks that Edgar is welcome in the featherweight division so that he can be shut down and sent back to lightweight or even bantamweight. According to this week's edition of UFC tonight on Fueltv, Ariel Helwani announced that Edgar is stepping up or if we want to be technical-he's stepping down to featherweight to take Jose Aldo up on that challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gDHHwmUmOBM

His first featherweight title likely won't be a title fight with Aldo though. Post UFC 150, Dana White addressed a Frankie Edgar featherweight move and White stated that Edgar would have to fight at least one fight at featherweight prior to earning any kind of title shot. Edgar says he will fight anyone and wants to debut in the new weight class before the end of the year.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Hailey's Dad

I like the move, even though he just beat the LW champ in front of idiot judges.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:59 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I like the move, even though he just beat the LW champ in front of idiot judges.
I think it's a good idea for him to move down to guys his size, but my question is whether or not he'll still be as effective. His advantage at LW was being the smaller, quick guy in the division & I'm not sure that is going to carry over to FW.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:10 PM

i think he got way too much pressure from dana .. but he also probably got more $$ .. who knows .. to me, he's beat the best at LW and seems like he is being pushed to test out FW ... i think he can beat everyone at FW, but aldo .. he is a bad matchup for frankie (and anyone else)
Old 08-23-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i think he got way too much pressure from dana .. but he also probably got more $$ .. who knows .. to me, he's beat the best at LW and seems like he is being pushed to test out FW ... i think he can beat everyone at FW, but aldo .. he is a bad matchup for frankie (and anyone else)
I agree with you 100% but Frankie is one of my favorites and I would give him a slight chance at beating Aldo.

Anything is possible in this sport.

And he Knows it He beat Bendo yet lost cause of piece of Shi$ Judges.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I agree with you 100% but Frankie is one of my favorites and I would give him a slight chance at beating Aldo.

Anything is possible in this sport.

And he Knows it He beat Bendo yet lost cause of piece of Shi$ Judges.
let me put it this way .. out of all the FW's. i think frankie will give him the toughest time ... and aldo hasnn't looked unbeatable .. remember the 5th i think in the hominick fight ..