Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-03-2013, 07:43 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Chael vs. Wandi continues

You'd think they were getting ready to fight each other or something...

Quote:
Wanderlei Silva posts video of Chael Sonnen altercation: 'I saw the fear in your eyes today'
By Shaun Al-Shatti

The low quality footage of an altercation between UFC fighters Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen at the Olympia Expo in Las Vegas was released on Saturday. That altercation was apparently part of Silva's new response video. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xbX-qCkXg8
Quote:
Chael Sonnen fires back at Wanderlei Silva: 'Accosting a gangster can be hazardous'
By Shaun Al-Shatti

Wanderlei Silva may have gotten the drop on Chael Sonnen at Saturday's Olympia Expo, but Sonnen wasted little time firing off a response on Wednesday's edition of UFC Tonight.

"I'm all for Wanderlei having a little fun," Sonnen said on air.

"But Wanderlei, three things. First off, if you're going to do a publicity stunt, do not bring your own camera. It looks staged, which it was. It insults your audience. Assume that they're going to connect the dots. Show up somewhere where a camera is, and then go into your little routine.

"Secondly," Sonnen continued. "In this country and in this industry, if you refuse to fight a guy, like you did me, you forfeit your right to then talk about that person in this type of fashion. Accosting somebody in public, can be regrettable. Accosting a gangster can be hazardous."

For his final point, Sonnen extended an offer for the two rivals to conduct "a conventional and traditional style interview" on the UFC Tonight set.

In general, Sonnen seemed to take the gag in stride, repeating more than a few times that Silva can go ahead and have his fun. Although one particular aspect of the encounter surprised Sonnen more than anything.

"These guys shoo away. I turn about a quarter inch. Here's Anthony Pettis and he's ready to fight. Now they've got four guys against Pettis," Sonnen recalled.

"Say what you want; Pettis is a handsome, nice champion. But at the end of the day, he's a street kid from Milwaukee. Wanderlei, be very careful about doing these things."
Old 10-04-2013, 02:54 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
You'd think they were getting ready to fight each other or something...
Not sure if joking or not, but Chael is fighting Rashad....apparently Wandy isn't even cleared to fight from some injury.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:02 PM

didn't chael just pull out of the rashad fight? or was that someone else ...... i'll go check ...
Old 10-04-2013, 01:04 PM

nevermind .. i am thinking of lyoto being injured ...
Old 10-04-2013, 01:17 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Not sure if joking or not, but Chael is fighting Rashad....apparently Wandy isn't even cleared to fight from some injury.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Wanderlei seems so hung up on Chael, yet when the fight was there to be made, he said "no". Now that Chael's safely signed to the Rashad fight, Wandi's all over him again.