Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 08-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Breakdowns of Ronda Rousey's Armbar

Quote:
Stop trying to explain to your co-worker who steals everyone's lunch from the company refrigerator how Ronda Rousey sinked that nasty armbar in at last weekend's Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman. You'll only look like a dufus when you invent words like 'elbowfication' and 'knee-in-neck bar.' The days of you fronting as if you know the inner-mechanics of Brazilian jiu-jitsu are now over, at least for today. The Gracies have created yet another hyper-enthusiastic video which breaks down Ronda Rousey's domination over Sarah Kaufman. Be sure to watch this video a few times, write down jiu-jitsu terms, and then regurgitate them back to all of your friends in an attempt to establish your role of 'Alpha Male' amongst your MMA friends.

Rener and Ryron Gracie also unanimously agree that Ronda Rousey is astronomically above anyone else's game and in order to make Strikeforce's 135 lb division more interesting, the brothers disclose ways in which Kaufman could have possibly escaped Rousey's 'Armbar of No Return (AONR).' I made that term up, but it's pretty factual so be sure to use it in your daily life.

[You can skip the intro & get right to the breakdown by jumping to 4:52]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8T1c...ayer_embedded#!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu in Hollywood is about a five-minute walk from my place and I've yet to smell any leafy substance emanating from Legends Gym. In an interview with High Times magazine, Bravo actually credited marijuana for improving his jiu-jitsu game. In fact, he says the 10th Planet style of jiu-jitsu was inspired by herb -- which may increase your understanding of this clip in which Eddie Bravo and Alan Belcher breaks down Ronda Rousey's stunning victory over Sarah Kaufman at last weekend's Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman. We're not telling anyone to smoke anything before watching this clip, but according to Eddie Bravo marijuana may also improve your understanding of his Ronda Rousey break down. Of course, the only way to evaluate these claims is to have a control group that is not under the influence of marijuana and then another group that obviously is. Alternatively, you can run a double-blind study in which a collection of people are all forced to inhale a substance, half of the people will ingest marijuana while the others will take a placebo.

Yeah man, that's how you do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0rvJ...layer_embedded
Old 08-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Hailey's Dad

I forgot that was on. Have to catch the replay somewhere. Sweet armbar.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I forgot that was on. Have to catch the replay somewhere. Sweet armbar.
www.mmashare.com
Old 08-21-2012, 07:33 PM

Why would we want to skip the shower scene?

I like the brothers; excellent job of breaking things down and showing us what happened with Rousey and Kaufman. Everything happened so fast in the fight and the camera angle wasn't the best with them on the ground and so tight, it's great to see how/what happened like this.

Thanks for posting that Ben.

It wouldn't hurt Kaufman and others who have fallen victim to Rousey's arm bar to see this.

Last edited by Bonnie; 08-21-2012 at 07:40 PM.