Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > Announcements > Site Ideas

Old 03-25-2009, 03:45 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
It seems that politics enter into the Woodshed on a fairly regular basis. What about starting a separate forum just for politics so those who aren't interested won't have to wade through the rest of us putting the liberals in their place?
That would be too political ...
Old 03-25-2009, 04:04 PM

Strictly on a basis of logic, I think it would make sense. We have the Christianity section so why not politics. We definitely get enough regular threads about politics to warrant it.
Nate, what does Matt (and you of course)think about this?

[
Old 03-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Strictly on a basis of logic, I think it would make sense. We have the Christianity section so why not politics. We definitely get enough regular threads about politics to warrant it.
Nate, what does Matt (and you of course)think about this?
I think you can only have so many sections on the forum. I think anyway. So to have a politics section I believe we would have to get rid of a section we already have.

My fear is a politics section would turn into a "no holds barred" area that would probably be difficult to moderate.

But what do I know?
Old 03-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Miss Foxy

Even if there is a "politics" forum doesnt guarantee politics will not be addressed in other forums. For example we can be discussing nutrition and someone will throw out a Liberal/Conservative remark. I think we are all adults and can skip the thread if you don't like it or argue all day/night if you want about it. Im sure Matt has training to do and doesnt need to be wasting his time babysitting us adults. Stop whining and skip the stinkin' thread if you can't handle criticism or go write your local politician...
Old 03-25-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I think you can only have so many sections on the forum. I think anyway. So to have a politics section I believe we would have to get rid of a section we already have.

My fear is a politics section would turn into a "no holds barred" area that would probably be difficult to moderate.

But what do I know?
That's true and I think separating Religious discussions and Political discussions would prove difficult as well.

[
Old 03-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Even if there is a "politics" forum doesnt guarantee politics will not be addressed in other forums. For example we can be discussing nutrition and someone will throw out a Liberal/Conservative remark. I think we are all adults and can skip the thread if you don't like it or argue all day/night if you want about it. Im sure Matt has training to do and doesnt need to be wasting his time babysitting us adults. Stop whining and skip the stinkin' thread if you can't handle criticism or go write your local politician...
What are you talking about??????????????????????????????

Who are you talking to???????????????????

Old 03-25-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Wow, someone needs to take their placebo!

[
Old 03-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Miss Foxy

Wink

Quote:
What are you talking about??????????????????????????????

Who are you talking to???????????????????

I am talking about the topic of this forum am I correct with saying its titled "Time to start a politics forum'" ??? I am replying to the thread just like everyone else. Believe me if it was anyone imparticular I have enough "guts" (for the lack of better words which I would love to use right about now) to direct it towards them or even quote em on it...

Last edited by Miss Foxy; 03-25-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Dude in general.. Once again no one imparticular... I am expressing my view on the subject just like everyone else has...
OH....... ok.

It just seemed like your post was directed at somebody as opposed to just a generic though on the subject. So I was trying to figure out who you were directing it at hun that's all!
Old 03-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
OH....... ok.

It just seemed like your post was directed at somebody as opposed to just a generic though on the subject. So I was trying to figure out who you were directing it at hun that's all!
Thanks for the clarification. I am tough as leather lately around here its sink or swim! lol..