Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 08-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Jason 'Mayhem' Miller Arrested on Burglary Charges

From MMAFighting.com:

Quote:
Aug 13, 2012 - Retired fighter Jason "Mayhem" Miller found himself in the MMA headlines last weekend after a series of argumentative back-and-forth tweets with UFC president Dana White. On Monday, he's back in the news, but for something far more serious.

Miller was arrested on Monday morning and taken into custody for burglary, according to the Mission Viejo, California Police Services website. A department spokeswoman reached by MMA Fighting could not immediately offer any additional details of Miller's arrest, citing the Privacy Act.

TMZ reported that he had broken into a church, sprayed a fire extinguisher and broken many items. They also reported he had been found naked but coherent, sitting on a couch.

According to the Mission Viejo PD site, police were summoned around 8:30 am for a burglary report on the 24100 block of Alicia Parkway and responded four minutes later.

He was arrested and is currently in custody at the Intake Release Center in Santa Ana, facing $20,000 bail. His next hearing on charges will take place on Wednesday. On his arrest information, his occupation is listed as "comedian."

The 31-year-old, who is perhaps best known from his hosting stint on MTV's "Bully Beatdown," retired from mixed martial arts after losing his last fight, which took place at UFC 146 in May. He had a career record of 28-9 with 1 no contest.

Afterward, he told fans he was preparing to embark on his new life with open arms, saying on a recent edition of The MMA Hour, "I feel a little bit freed, in a weird way. In the strangest way I feel free. I know that sounds strange when I devoted my entire life to fighting. I feel like life is unlocked to a whole new set of adventures."

On Saturday, he and White exchanged a series of heated emails, but hours afterward, White said he regretted escalating any animosity and offered Miller good fortune in the future, telling the media, "I'm sure he's not going through a very good time right now, no matter how much he wants to say he is. A guy like Jason, he's one of those nutty-type guys. Has he always been my favorite fighter? No. A lot of the antics that he does, I'm not a fan of and I don't like – the pink boas and all that kind of stuff. I like guys that are serious and guys that come in to fight hard and win. But I don't hate Jason Miller or wish any ill will to the kid. Whatever he has moved on to in the next chapter of his life, I hope he's successful, and I hope he does well."

Less than 36 hours later, Miller was arrested.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:36 AM

How sad to see his life spiraling out of control. He obviously has drug and/or mental problems. I hope he comes out on the other side of this a better person.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-14-2012, 12:51 PM

i guess he has to live up to his nickname ... hopefully he gets back on the meds and straighten himself out ...
Old 08-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i guess he has to live up to his nickname ... hopefully find Jesus and straightens himself out ...
I agree

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 08-14-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
I agree
I saw what you did there!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-14-2012, 08:14 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Well,well, well.. What a model citizen.
The article also neglects to include he told Dana to kill himself.
I heard a rumour he was doped out.. Very reliable source too. Hmm guess time shall pass and it will come out.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
Well,well, well.. What a model citizen.
The article also neglects to include he told Dana to kill himself.
I heard a rumour he was doped out.. Very reliable source too. Hmm guess time shall pass and it will come out.
From what I was told by one of my fellow LEO's from CA who works in the Orange County Sheriffs office, Mayhem was 'believed to be' under the influence of "bath salts" at the time this incident took place. Probably going to wait for lab results to come back before an official announcement.

I hope he can seek the help he needs to get his life back in order.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:57 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan View Post
From what I was told by one of my fellow LEO's from CA who works in the Orange County Sheriffs office, Mayhem was 'believed to be' under the influence of "bath salts" at the time this incident took place. Probably going to wait for lab results to come back before an official announcement.

I hope he can seek the help he needs to get his life back in order.
Do they have tests that can detect bath salts?
Old 08-16-2012, 02:28 AM

* Note to Self - Never try Bath Salts.

How high do you have to be to eat someone's face off , like that guy in Florida ?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Sounds more like tresspass and vandalism to me...I mean if he didnt steal anything, its not Burglary is it...just breaking and entering...I dont know whats more bizzare, that he would break in to steal something from a church...or that he had no clothes on

At my old church, Saint Georges in Lincoln, a the Church was broken into one night and the entire Plate was stolen. Everyone was very upset and about a week later the Church receved a phonecall from the thief who was phoning from a pay phone and told them to come to his location and they could have the silverwares back because he felt so guilty for stealing them.

It reminds me of the idiots who stole the ark of the covernant once. They put it in their Temple, and discovered the next day that their idols had all fallen face down infront of it...this happened so many times, they gave the Ark back

In England you even have people breaking into churches to steal lead from the roof...not that many churches have that sort of material left anyway, you have people stealing war memorials for scrap metal, and in Bradford, they even dig up some of the older, nice pavement slabs...its very bizzare.