Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
if you really think thats a acceptable joke ,then you amaze me.

as far as bringing it up here,why not bring it up here?

maybe i should let a few Bush jokes loose,or is that not the same type of humor?
Hey, my dad was a Vietnam vet and our entire family grew up as big fans of the television program M*A*S*H which was all about making fun of the military and anti-war themes. We understood that it was humor and took it as such. Even when I was in the military, I always enjoyed programs that poked fun at the military. You just have to keep your tongue firmly in cheek and be prepared to laugh at yourself.

If someone had posted a link to that video and started a thread solely for the purpose of bashing the Canadian military, then that thread would have been deleted. However, the only person who is making big deal out of this is the only person who seems to be offended by it. Thus, it just doesn't really feel like that big of a deal.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Crisco

Quote:
come on now,Ferrel can get away with anything,
besides,i'm not sure anyone bothered to watch it besides the two of us,
I actually didn't get the time...

I was a Bush supporter for a long time and gave him credit for what he did right instead of wrong.

My point is though you shoulnd't let it get to you... Are you a veteran? Do you know any vets who where offended?

If not that is just like those bleeding hearts that took down the "Japs Surrender" newspaper.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
come on now,Ferrel can get away with anything,
So, if Will Ferrell was making fun of your country's military, then you would be fine with it?
Old 03-24-2009, 06:24 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
What? What?
i'm not sure what it is your trying to say,
i already know who pays for the site,
and if your trying to say no one can ever disagree with Nate then whats the point of the whole thing,
different view points on any subject is healthy,
that is how we learn from each other,
Nate knows i dont mean any disrespect to him or Matt or anyone else here,
and just because i dont stick my nose up anyone's rear doesn't mean i have a lack of respect for them,
Old 03-24-2009, 06:28 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
So, if Will Ferrell was making fun of your country's military, then you would be fine with it?
like i said,he seems to get away with anything,
but no,i wouldn't be fine with it,
Old 03-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
i'm not sure what it is your trying to say,
i already know who pays for the site,
and if your trying to say no one can ever disagree with Nate then whats the point of the whole thing,
different view points on any subject is healthy,
that is how we learn from each other,
Nate knows i dont mean any disrespect to him or Matt or anyone else here,
and just because i dont stick my nose up anyone's rear doesn't mean i have a lack of respect for them,
What the heck are you trying to say? Did I post that directing it towards you? I think not. Get your facts straight buddy and as far as sticking my nose up anyones rear no THANK YOU if that was directly intended to me!!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Crisco

Quote:
What the heck are you trying to say? Did I post that directing it towards you? I think not. Get your facts straight buddy and as far as sticking my nose up anyones rear no THANK YOU if that was directly intended to me!!
I could quote you and have a lot of fun with this statement but I have tortured you enough in the past I think
Old 03-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
the problem i have is with the ignorant view that they have of the topic, So who's they??

they should check a few facts before they start spouting off, "Im a little teapot short and stout here is my handle here is my spout!!"

as far as the Mackenzie brothers go?
they didn't represent a news organization.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I could quote you and have a lot of fun with this statement but I have tortured you enough in the past I think
I don't get all bent outta shape Crisco.. Its cool with me im sure we can use a laugh!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:38 PM
bradwright

Quote:
With all due respect to everyones opinions and feelings this is a private forum paid for by Mr. Matt Hughes who obviously trusts and respects Nate to monitor the activity. With that being said we all have different walks and paths of life not always agreeing or seeing eye to eye on topics such as religion, politics, and GSP I must add that even though I do not agree always with what is being posted even its clearly one-sided we must not go up against Nate. Its not that us forum members are being oppressed its just that there is a time and place for such discussions and this forum ultimately has some sort of reflection on Mr. Hughes and I would hate for his image to be tampered with. Keep smiling and remember
"Its is what it is."
if this wasn't directed at me then tell me,who is it being directed at?