Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-24-2009, 05:45 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
It's satire, it's supposed to sting a little bit. As a former Army guy, I didn't see anything wrong with it. Even if it was about our military, I would take it in the lighthearted tone that it was obviously intended. I don't believe that they were disrespecting the soldiers, just the comments from the leadership.

In other words, lighten up! It's just a joke. If it bothers you that badly, then why complain about it here? Go talk to the people who make the program:
http://www.foxnews.com/redeye/index.html

In fact, I think they're waiting for you:

if you really think thats a acceptable joke ,then you amaze me.

as far as bringing it up here,why not bring it up here?

maybe i should let a few Bush jokes loose,or is that not the same type of humor?
Old 03-24-2009, 05:51 PM
medic92

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
if you really think thats a acceptable joke ,then you amaze me.

as far as bringing it up here,why not bring it up here?

maybe i should let a few Bush jokes loose,or is that not the same type of humor?
Attacking a single person such as Bush would probably not fly, but if you have satirical writings concerning America in general or our military, I'm sure it would be well-received. I'm a veteran and I've never had a problem with jokes and satire about our military.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:53 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
Attacking a single person such as Bush would probably not fly, but if you have satirical writings concerning America in general or our military, I'm sure it would be well-received. I'm a veteran and I've never had a problem with jokes and satire about our military.
so the Bush Administration would be fair game then,
Old 03-24-2009, 05:56 PM
medic92

Quote:
so the Bush Administration would be fair game then,
I couldn't care less what you do personally. I think you're reaching pretty far to find something to offend you. Did you get mad at the Mackenzie brothers for their bits too? Just what is your threshold for being righteously indignant over someone satirizing Canada?
Old 03-24-2009, 06:04 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
I couldn't care less what you do personally. I think you're reaching pretty far to find something to offend you. Did you get mad at the Mackenzie brothers for their bits too? Just what is your threshold for being righteously indignant over someone satirizing Canada?
the problem i have is with the ignorant view that they have of the topic,

they should check a few facts before they start spouting off,

as far as the Mackenzie brothers go?
they didn't represent a news organization.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Miss Foxy

With all due respect to everyones opinions and feelings this is a private forum paid for by Mr. Matt Hughes who obviously trusts and respects Nate to monitor the activity. With that being said we all have different walks and paths of life not always agreeing or seeing eye to eye on topics such as religion, politics, and GSP I must add that even though I do not agree always with what is being posted even its clearly one-sided we must not go up against Nate. Its not that us forum members are being oppressed its just that there is a time and place for such discussions and this forum ultimately has some sort of reflection on Mr. Hughes and I would hate for his image to be tampered with. Keep smiling and remember
"Its is what it is."
Old 03-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Crisco

Quote:
the problem i have is with the ignorant view that they have of the topic,

they should check a few facts before they start spouting off,

as far as the Mackenzie brothers go?
they didn't represent a news organization.
It's a satire... Will Ferrel just did an entire 1 hr special goofing on President Bush.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:11 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
With all due respect to everyones opinions and feelings this is a private forum paid for by Mr. Matt Hughes who obviously trusts and respects Nate to monitor the activity. With that being said we all have different walks and paths of life not always agreeing or seeing eye to eye on topics such as religion, politics, and GSP I must add that even though I do not agree always with what is being posted even its clearly one-sided we must not go up against Nate. Its not that us forum members are being oppressed its just that there is a time and place for such discussions and this forum ultimately has some sort of reflection on Mr. Hughes and I would hate for his image to be tampered with. Keep smiling and remember
"Its is what it is."
what?
Old 03-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
what?
What? What?
Old 03-24-2009, 06:14 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
It's a satire... Will Ferrel just did an entire 1 hr special goofing on President Bush.
come on now,Ferrel can get away with anything,
besides,i'm not sure anyone bothered to watch it besides the two of us,