Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-31-2012, 07:48 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Overall this is a great article, and supports my theory that MMA is one of the most interesting possible sports. Some combination of Yabusame and paintball might top it, but weíll have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Great point, PRS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Exactly. He was certain that he'd be able to keep Royce at bay with his jab & was certain that, with no time limits, he'd be jabbing the crap out of Royce's face & didn't want to screw up his hand. Hindsight being 20/20, he looks like a true Derp, but at the time, it was a wise move.
Iíve always wondered what Melton Bowen could have done with some wrestling fundamentals. He almost knocked out Jennum from the bottom of the mount, with a good top game he would have been a terror!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I read the entire thing...This is a brilliant thread
Old 07-31-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
Itís kind of unfortunate that he does the same ĎONE GLOVE! DERP! ONE GLOVE! DERP!í crap as everyone else. People forget that everything we knew about no rules fighting we had learned from Bloodsport and encyclopedia articles about pankration. Leaving one hand free to block and grapple and protecting your other hand to throw big shots made perfect sense AT THE TIME, in fact the gladiators of old did exactly that. These guys like to pretend they would have known better if they had been there but as far as most people knew, Jimmersonís gittup was state of the art.
All I know is I LMFAO back in '93 when I first saw him step into the ring with his 'gittup'. Lots of people thought WTF even before he got owned. Now, if JCVD had worn one glove in Bloodsport, well I might've had a different outlook, lol.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:30 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Exclamation

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry over this pic!