Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-23-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEJF9DawyR4

My recap video...I think everybody is being a bit harsh on Urijah Faber...he broke his rib and still competed to the end...but noone cares about that...he didnt demand an instant rematch as those who generally fail in the lower weight classes always seem to do...but noone cares about that either...finally...I have more time for someone who fails, but works his way back up...then someone who gives up and tries in a different weight class...noone noticed that point neither.

Bit harsh on him I feel....and most of it is jelousy...you all wish you had a butt chin too
Ahem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Round 5:
Barao's got the fight well in hand, so he doesn't look like he's going to take any chances. Faber knows he needs to come up with a home run, but he just isn't able to find an opening. Faber catches a Barao kick, but Barao spins out of the way. Barao has an answer for everything Faber tries to do. Barao connects on a nasty left hook with two minutes left. Final minute. Barao throws a spinning back kick. While Faber has been one of MMA's most thrilling fighters over the past several years, tonight was basically the night which showed he's no longer a title contender.

Renan Barao wins the interim championship by unanimous decision, 49-46, 50-45, 49-46.

Well, if Urijah did suffer a broken rib in the second round I can see how that affected his fight.
Now please don't generalize all of us into one big porridge bowl, Tyburn.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-24-2012, 01:09 PM

man, urijah is one tough dude .. he needs a sponsorship deal from timex .. takes a licking and keeps on ticking .. or kicking .. or getting kicked .. wait, that was timex right? .. anyways ... barao had no need to try and finish the fight .. a title shot was at stake ... who cares if a bunch of canadians were booing ... boetsch and lombard fight was different ... it was close, i thought lombard won, but by no means was the decision a poor one ... i think he belongs at 170 though (lombard) ...