Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-24-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan View Post
a movie theater is not a cozy & short pistol range. have you ever shot a sidearm at distance? how about under stress? most people are not even remotely capable of reasonable pistol accuracy at 15 yards. now let's say you're 25 or even 50 yards from the shooter, and your odds of an effective round on target starts to go downhill REALLY fast, especially when you can expect to be about half as accurate in a high stress situation.

look, I'm definitely not advocating doing absolutely nothing. I truly wish someone was there who was carrying concealed. would it have made a difference? I don't know, honestly. I definitely hope so, but the chaotic environment was such that we can never know.
full body armor doesn't keep it from hurting it just keeps you alive..... i think if he had got shot at, he would have been like- what the &^*%, i'm outtahere, you wouldn't even have to hit him.... he was/is a coward, he would have peed his pants and ran out screaming like a little girl,,,,, even if he didn't get hit, the mere fact he was getting shot at would scare him off, or at the very least slow him down.... i don't think you would have had to kill him to stop him, and if you did hit him, even in body armor, it would have hurt like crap and he would think he was dying....
Old 07-25-2012, 02:40 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
full body armor doesn't keep it from hurting it just keeps you alive..... i think if he had got shot at, he would have been like- what the &^*%,..
Old 07-25-2012, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
didn't you realize that getting shot in a bullet proof vest still hurts like the dickens??? they say it is like getting hit with a baseball bat, the force HAS to be absorbed by something, it might not penetrate but the force is way worse...

and i doubt his gas mask was bulletproof

and my point was and is that if he had gotten shot at, he would have reacted like most of the people he was shooting at, he would have headed for the exit.... all it woulda took was for him to realize he was taking fire, he didn't even resist the police....
Old 07-25-2012, 03:31 AM

because people tripped out on psychotropics in the middle of mass murder totally behave and react as one would normally expect, right?
Old 07-25-2012, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan View Post
because people tripped out on psychotropics in the middle of mass murder totally behave and react as one would normally expect, right?
because people who are proficiently executing a mass murder with hard to handle equipment are doped up, right? people who are capable of building complex bombs in an apartment, are on psychotropics, right?
Old 07-25-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
because people who are proficiently executing a mass murder with hard to handle equipment are doped up, right? people who are capable of building complex bombs in an apartment, are on psychotropics, right?
considering we know he took vicodin, part hydrocodone which has psychotropic effects, yes.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:36 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
didn't you realize that getting shot in a bullet proof vest still hurts like the dickens??? they say it is like getting hit with a baseball bat, the force HAS to be absorbed by something, it might not penetrate but the force is way worse...

and my point was and is that if he had gotten shot at, he would have reacted like most of the people he was shooting at, he would have headed for the exit.... all it woulda took was for him to realize he was taking fire, he didn't even resist the police....
Honestly, knowing what we know know now. You could be right. He probably ran like the pussy we all know he is deep inside. Clearly he is the lowest form of bitch, because he didn't even have enough balls to kill himself. Hope he dies by bleeding to death via anal rape in prison.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:

I agree, if someone in the audience had been carrying a concealed handgun and shot at the shooter, it might not have stopped him completely, but it possibly would have slowed him down enough to prevent some of the deaths and injuries.

The downside is that, if someone did shoot the gunman and ended the killings, then some anti-gun, activist lawyer would probably press charges against that person, even though they did what was necessary in order to save lives.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:07 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I agree, if someone in the audience had been carrying a concealed handgun and shot at the shooter, it might not have stopped him completely, but it possibly would have slowed him down enough to prevent some of the deaths and injuries.

The downside is that, if someone did shoot the gunman and ended the killings, then some anti-gun, activist lawyer would probably press charges against that person, even though they did what was necessary in order to save lives.
Carrying a concealed weapon inside the theatre is against the law.... (not saying it wouldnt stop the psycho in question, just saying)

Last edited by J.B.; 07-25-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Carrying a concealed weapon inside the theatre is against the law.... (not saying it wouldnt stop the psycho in question, just saying)
well, that is a good reason to target a theater isn't it....given the choice to walk in and shoot up the nra convention or a theater that denies guns on the premises, i would prolly shoot up the place that i know no one is packing any heat