Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-21-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
This has literally made me sick all day. My friend Crystal has a cousin who is a nurse in Aurora CO, and she said it's been horrible since last night. To shoot and kill little kids like that. I hope God has mercy on his soul, because humanity doesn't owe him a single shred IMO.
It had to be terrifying for those parents, frantically trying to get their little ones out of there while trying to protect them from being shot. What a nightmare!

One thing that bugged me today, some of the news hosts were asking survivors questions like, "Was there a lot of blood?" It's like they wanted all the gory details. It just seemed so insensitive and distasteful to me especially after what these people had just been through!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Administrator

This gunman is the best evidence for why the death penalty is a necessity.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:00 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
It had to be terrifying for those parents, frantically trying to get their little ones out of there while trying to protect them from being shot. What a nightmare!

One thing that bugged me today, some of the news hosts were asking survivors questions like, "Was there a lot of blood?" It's like they wanted all the gory details. It just seemed so insensitive and distasteful to me especially after what these people had just been through!
I agree 100% Bonnie. All day long I had the news on and I was like WTF? Who cares "how much blood there was". I get it, they are trying to stretch the story over a 24 hour news cycle, but they come off looking worse than Jon Daly after a week long drunken binge.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Iím not a conspiracy guy, but timing of these things always seems... odd to me. Columbine happened right before the NRA convention in the same state, the one in Kileen I think happened a few days before a vote to ban high capacity handguns, and in the last few days liberals have been trying to draw parallels between Bane the batman villain and Mitt Romney, former Bain chief and gun rights supporter.

I donít know, if I were a liberal Dr. Evil, how I could get someone to go Crazy on command, or if that is at all possible, the timing just seems odd.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:10 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
Iím not a conspiracy guy, but timing of these things always seems... odd to me. Columbine happened right before the NRA convention in the same state, the one in Kileen I think happened a few days before a vote to ban high capacity handguns, and in the last few days liberals have been trying to draw parallels between Bane the batman villain and Mitt Romney, former Bain chief and gun rights supporter.

I donít know, if I were a liberal Dr. Evil, how I could get someone to go Crazy on command, or if that is at all possible, the timing just seems odd.
No. Don't feed the trolls.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
No. Don't feed the trolls.
Iím not feeding you anything.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:24 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Iím not feeding you anything.
That would be clever if I actually spent six years posting here just to prank you.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:39 PM

sorry if i don't feel all that bad.... i'm not going to board the hype train that tells me how bad this is and then says we should "control" guns. I guess I shouldn't say i don't feel bad.... I just don't feel any worse than any other day considering the 1000's of babies that are killed, the dozens of people who are killed by alcohol, the dozens of people that are killed by tobacco, even the number of people that are killed by physician error every day.... why are we not lowering the flag to half staff for them? why do we not mourn them.....???? call me desensitized, but i'd be happy if there were only 12 people that innocently died every day due to alcohol or abortion, but since the government makes money off of it and alot of people utilize or enjoy it or whatever then that is a loss we are willing to endure and overlook, calling it choice....

guess that guy just chose to be a murderer, seemed like a normal dude up until he snapped,,,, guess he was just born that way and we should tolerate it. how else should i think, i am not allowed to consider morals or biblical standards, like absolute truths or something....
Old 07-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
That would be clever if I actually spent six years posting here just to prank you.
That doesnít make any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
sorry if i don't feel all that bad.... i'm not going to board the hype train that tells me how bad this is and then says we should "control" guns. I guess I shouldn't say i don't feel bad.... I just don't feel any worse than any other day considering the 1000's of babies that are killed, the dozens of people who are killed by alcohol, the dozens of people that are killed by tobacco, even the number of people that are killed by physician error every day.... why are we not lowering the flag to half staff for them? why do we not mourn them.....???? call me desensitized, but i'd be happy if there were only 12 people that innocently died every day due to alcohol or abortion, but since the government makes money off of it and alot of people utilize or enjoy it or whatever then that is a loss we are willing to endure and overlook, calling it choice....

guess that guy just chose to be a murderer, seemed like a normal dude up until he snapped,,,, guess he was just born that way and we should tolerate it. how else should i think, i am not allowed to consider morals or biblical standards, like absolute truths or something....
I have seen posts on other forums suggesting a possible link between these attacks and abortion, not direct but a weakening of respect for life or a degrading of the fabric of society. J.B. can call people trolls if he wants, but something is going on. These things have been happening on a regular basis since the early eighties, and they were unheard of before that. The mugshots of the ones who survive all have the same weird smirk. Creepy.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:51 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
That doesn’t make any sense.
Then you don't know what a troll is, you also think I called you a troll, which is false. Re-read what I said.