Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default where were you ten years ago....

describe how you've changed over the last decade, and where you see yourself a decade from now
Old 07-17-2012, 08:16 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

I was pregnant.. I have no clue in 10years where I see myself...Hmm somewhere rainy!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:44 PM

I can't remember that far back. I'm not even going to guess where I might be in 10 years...not with the freakish things that have happened to me these past 10+ years. I've learned to just be happy living in this moment God has given me.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Oh gosh. 2002 was not a good year for me. My marriage was dying and to try to hold it together we moved the family from PA back to TX and I started nursing school so I could support myself and the kids in the event we divorced.

I've changed in so many ways. My self esteem is higher, my faith is deeper, my understanding of what's really important in life is better, I have a career and not just a job, I'm college educated, etc. Lots of good things.

In 10 more years I'll be remarried for 9.5 years with a child aged 8 or so. I'll be a stay at home mom/personal chef for my husband. He'll be out of med school and residency and practicing at some really great hospital.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 07-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Student of the Sport

I was one year into my first real job out of college. I was in great shape, playing soccer 3-4 days a week. I was having a lot of fun.

Over the last decade I have gone through a lot of changes. I am still with the same job and am ready to walk away...it is just not something I am passionate about. On a positive, I used to be much more of an introvert but my job has changed that about me!

10 years from now I see myself happy. I will have gone back to school to get a degree in physical therapy. I will have finally followed my passion and it will have made all of the difference. The difference from 10 years ago to 10 years from now will be an extreme difference.

Oh, and I will have done what I call my trifecta....one boxing match, one kickboxing match, and one MMA fight.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:01 AM

10 years ago i was 3 blocks to west of my current position so i would think 10 years from now i would be 3 blocks to the east of my current position.

and now that i have reflected on the past and pondered the future i have come to the conclusion that i walk very...very,slow...but thats not a bad thing,it gives me ample time to smell the flowers with out actually stopping.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:47 AM
Administrator

10 years ago today, I had been out of the Army for over 4 months and was smack dab in the middle of my very first college semester on my way to getting my Graphic Design degree (it was a summer semester). I believe the two courses I took that summer were Sociology and Webpage Design. I was also waiting on word for my bankruptcy hearing (which wouldn't happen until August 2002).

I gave up on trying to predict my own future, because GOD always has something better in mind. However, I would think that I would still be here in Hillsboro.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:55 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

10 years ago I was 16yrs old & it was the summer after my sophomore year of high school. I was getting ready to go on my first ever mission trip to Belize (I've been 7 times now). After getting back from Belize, I would be starting my first marching band camp & would meet our new band director, Mr. McCutchen, who would be an enormous influence on me for the remaining 3 years of high school. Also, I had my first job, working as a cashier at Wal-Mart.

10 years from now (Lord willing), I will be 36yrs old, with a wife, kid(s) & a dog. I will be a purple belt in BJJ & will have had at least 1 amateur MMA fight. I'll be working in MMA in some capacity, most likely as a writer, though possibly as a ref/judge. Hopefully I'll have moved away from Richmond for at least a portion of this next decade. I love the area, but I've never lived anywhere else & I want to stretch my comfort zone to some extent.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:16 PM

So you can actually use the phrase 'This one time, at band camp.....'
Old 07-18-2012, 01:49 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
So you can actually use the phrase 'This one time, at band camp.....'
Yup!