Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-29-2009, 10:57 AM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy

They are the most similar looking fraternal twins I have ever seen. My family has twins for days.. My nephews are identical, however Austin is always a few lbs heavier and his face is fuller. Steven is more smaller but they still look very much alike...My high school sweetheart was an identical twin also and I of course could tell him and his twin apart he was the smaller one I suppose if 6oz mattered?! lol...
They don't look very identical to me. Or were you talking about Matt and Mark, not the two in the picture?
Old 04-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
They don't look very identical to me. Or were you talking about Matt and Mark, not the two in the picture?
Im talking about Matt & Mark. I was also surprised Matt was the oldest by a few minutes I would have guessed he is the younger one, but I was wrong as usual lol. I think they look very similar for being fraternal.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Twinsmama

I know I'm a dork but I'm a twin and have twins so I did a lot of reading when I was pregnant about this subject

Boy/Girl always fraternal
Identical always has same blood type
I forget the exact days but if the egg splits quickly they can have seperate sacs and still be identical
DNA is the only real way to tell. Although their DNA isn't exactly alike it is very similiar and are very few markers that are different.
Fingerprints are also similiar are far as the main ridges and loops but have some differences.
Fraternal twins are no more alike than a regular brother and sister born as different times.

I have known a few different sets of identical twins although identical they have all had different personalities. That may just be due to their environment though I don't know.

I am an opposite of my sister. she takes after my dad and i take after my mom. My kids are boy and girl so obviously fraternal. my boy has dark curly hair and green eyes like me but my girl has blonde hair and blue eyes like my husband. He's bigger than her and no one has believed they were twins since they were about 1 because he's so much bigger.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Jens has a habit of actually laying down on his belly on the top of the cage when I let him out, to give his legs a rest I guess

Old 05-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Man, when I first saw the pic (before I read what you wrote), I thought Jens had died!!
Old 05-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Man, when I first saw the pic (before I read what you wrote), I thought Jens had died!!
LOL!! Im at work and I can't see what Saint Jens is doing.. However when I read this I can only imagine!! LOL..
Old 05-01-2009, 06:48 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Jens has a habit of actually laying down on his belly on the top of the cage when I let him out, to give his legs a rest I guess

I think your bird is "special".
Old 05-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Well my first thought was the he was sick...but its just something he does, he only does it on the top of the cage, he doesnt do it when he flies to the ledge, and he doesnt do it inside the cage. Also, if I make a noise other then typing away or singing, he'll pop upright again...so its simply preference, He loves to look down into the cage...and sometimes he actually falls asleep like that...I forget he's out of the cage until I accidently wake him up and that makes him jump so he flutters and squarks.

He is so strange...I mean I assume you've seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h6X2fTcRLg
Old 05-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
I think your bird is "special".
he's in good company then
Old 05-02-2009, 03:43 AM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

How cute Dave!! Saint Jens is a body boarder!