Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So how does it work... Do they get like junior BB's for now until they become older or does he just call them straight up Black Belts?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-26-2009, 01:27 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
So how does it work... Do they get like junior BB's for now until they become older or does he just call them straight up Black Belts?

In our dojo.. Black Belt with a with stripe.. goes through the cycle again as a junior..and then as an adult.. will start as a green...
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
In our dojo.. Black Belt with a with stripe.. goes through the cycle again as a junior..and then as an adult.. will start as a green...
That's neat it's like the under 16 rules in bjj
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Awesome Dave! You're such a cool dad, man!
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

OK bro I have to ask.... do you have one of those "my kids can beat up your honor student" bumper stickers?????
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
OK bro I have to ask.... do you have one of those "my kids can beat up your honor student" bumper stickers?????

No way.

Just cause you "can do a thing" doesn't mean you should.. and you definatley don't bgrag about it!!!
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Awesome Dave! You're such a cool dad, man!

I try...

I had a very lously upbringing.. the only real memory of my dad I have is him hitting me in the head with a can of hairspray.. (a blue labled "aqua net" or something like that.)

I never got to hang out or anything.. he bolted on me and my mom.. but I know she was no angle.....

I promised myself I would be the polar oppisite of him.

When he was born I changed jobs to be at home.. and took a huge pay cut... but it has been nothing but worth it.

I love being a dad.. It's the best job in the world.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
I try...

I had a very lously upbringing.. the only real memory of my dad I have is him hitting me in the head with a can of hairspray.. (a blue labled "aqua net" or something like that.)

I never got to hang out or anything.. he bolted on me and my mom.. but I know she was no angle.....

I promised myself I would be the polar oppisite of him.

When he was born I changed jobs to be at home.. and took a huge pay cut... but it has been nothing but worth it.

I love being a dad.. It's the best job in the world.
Dude I had that same kind of Hair spray winged at my head... small world
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-26-2009, 05:12 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Dude I had that same kind of Hair spray winged at my head... small world

Yeah but you were just bitching at the salon lady because she couldn't get the mullet quite right.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Yeah but you were just bitching at the salon lady because she couldn't get the mullet quite right.
If your a proffesional you should be able to do a simple Mullet.

That is like saying Matt Hughes can't armbar.

The lady was dumb and I'm glad she went to jail.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.