Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Hughes fanboy

Jav - would you take the Chael flexing pic down? 3 ladies at my work just walked past my office as I was reading your post and chuckled when they saw it.

I assume that means they can only assume 1 thing about me (bc I guarantee you it isn't that I like MMA).

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 07-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i'd rather not see those two fight either .. two guys at different stages of their careers .. and jones has nothing to gain .. he beats a guy who is the 185 champ? big deal ..... anderson has a lot to gain ... but he know bones is too big to deal with .. gsp vs anderson would be the best fight imo ... the size difference is there .. but i think gsp has the tools to deal with it ...
why can't they do a catch weight. That way the loser still keeps the title.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 07-12-2012, 04:51 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Thats Crazy!! Anderson is not "just a guy" on the Middleweight division... Jones has everything to gain! If he beats Anderson he beats the best fighter in MMA History,
Yeah, then he can say that he beat an old man close to the end of his career that was smaller than him.

I think the after effects of him losing would far outweigh any rewards he would reap with a win. I think it would be a terrible risk for Jones.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Thats Crazy!! Anderson is not "just a guy" on the Middleweight division... Jones has everything to gain! If he beats Anderson he beats the best fighter in MMA History, Theres a bigger difference between Georges and Anderson then Anderson and Jones besides Anderson has already fought at Light Heavyweight before and GSP hasn't fought at Middleweight before.

I agree that Gsp has the tools to beat Silva but I also know Anderson and Jones have the tools to beat each other.

Anderson has spent his career fighting smaller men why cant he fight someone bigger than himself?
I know what you are saying, but Anderson's legacy is not at 205. To me, Anderson would have to want this fight as he would be the one making the sacrifice. As for who has more to gain....I don't know. Jones could say he beat Silva, but I take some away as it was not at 185. If Silva wins, he beats the current champ who is a good fighter but is still not at the same level as him.

That's why I like the GSP/Silva fight more. Silva has less to gain, but their legacies are more comparative than Jones/Silva.

Only real winners are us, the fans, and the UFC.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Jav - would you take the Chael flexing pic down? 3 ladies at my work just walked past my office as I was reading your post and chuckled when they saw it.

I assume that means they can only assume 1 thing about me (bc I guarantee you it isn't that I like MMA).
I vote for the Ronda Rousey ESPN pic...if you are going to change your sig!
Old 07-12-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post

Sorry bro didn't mean to cause you any proplems
Old 07-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Sorry bro didn't mean to cause you any proplems
You da man!
Old 07-12-2012, 05:52 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

The GSP fight is arguably the more marketable fight right now. Remember, GSP is 31, and he's been dominating WW a long time. Just because Jones looks unstoppable right now doesn't mean that he is (Rashad took him 5 rounds). I remember hearing Dana call Anderson Silva the "Mike Tyson" of MMA...no, he isn't. Right now, Jon Jones is the Mike Tyson of MMA. He is young, and while I fully expect him to beat Hendo, that's not what matters. What matters is what actually happens.

Isn't that what keeps us watching?
Old 07-12-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Yeah, then he can say that he beat an old man close to the end of his career that was smaller than him.

I think the after effects of him losing would far outweigh any rewards he would reap with a win. I think it would be a terrible risk for Jones.
Wait a minute, what about Brock fighting Randy, he beat a smaller older man who was at the end of his career. And Randy was several years older at the time he fought Brock than Silva is now. I do acknowledge the differences with that fight and a fight between Silva/Jones--weight classes and the fact that Silva and Jones are both current champions. But, honestly, if you hadn't known better, wouldn't you have thought Randy and Brock were from two different weight classes.

It would be a risk for both of them, even at a catch weight because one of them will still be able to say I beat -----, it would still be considered a "notch" for the winner's reputation. The risk might be more for Jones because of where he's at in his career, but likewise, the reward would be greater for him because this is Anderson Silva.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:17 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Wait a minute, what about Brock fighting Randy, he beat a smaller older man who was at the end of his career. And Randy was several years older at the time he fought Brock than Silva is now. I do acknowledge the differences with that fight and a fight between Silva/Jones--weight classes and the fact that Silva and Jones are both current champions. But, honestly, if you hadn't known better, wouldn't you have thought Randy and Brock were from two different weight classes.
I don't remember the masses of MMA fans calling for Brock vs Randy anymore than I remember them calling for Randy vs James Toney.