Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 07-10-2012, 12:09 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
the rules are not just knees, but leg strikes to the head of a downed opponent ..so kicks etc ... because anderson threw the knee and it landed in chaels chest and his thigh hit chael in the face doesn't make it legal imo ... and it shouldn't in terms of the rules ..
Even if his thigh did touch his face, that wasn't the main brunt of the strike, and so what if it did? Should we overturn the fight? What about Chael hitting Silva in the back of the head?

The whole thing is nonsense, and people are looking for a reason to take Silva's victory away from him because they hate having to admit they were wrong or they are just haters. I can't even tell you how many people I've heard say "I just want him to lose to somebody". Sounds like Mayweather syndrome to me.

Last edited by J.B.; 07-10-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-10-2012, 12:28 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
That's Chael he never has an excuse or complains.
He takes it like a man.

But that doesnt mean what Anderson did was right.

1.Anderson Rubbing Vaseline or grease all over his body right before the fight

2.Holding on to the shorts

3.Trying to Intetionally knee Chael in the Face.

Oh and the Refs early stoppage.

My anger isn't really that Chael lost but the fact that Anderson wont get Shi# for this. Not even the Shoulder to the face at the weigh in which was Assault.

Dana Already said that people forget this is a fight and therefore there's nothing wrong with hitting your opponent at the weigh ins.

Lets just see what happens when a couple of undercarders hit each other at the weigh ins and then we will see how he will address that....
C'mon Javi, you can't be serious brother.

1. Chael has made quite a few excuses in recent years, and now it looks like Sonnen is filing an appeal, so there ya go. lol

2. Let's not start another "Greasegate"...the BJ Penn fans will just start complaining about GSP again.

3. Holding the shorts is illegal, and Silva was warned. A point deduction could have occurred, but obviously it wouldn't have mattered.

4. Unless Anderson Silva comes out and says that kneeing Chael in the face was his intent, you have no way of knowing that. Seriously, if he didn't care about the rules and just wanted to knee him in the face regardless of him being down, why would he throw the knee that way? Why not just punt Sonnen in the face like a football?

5. Complaining about the stoppage is the last thing along the trail of tears after UFC 148. Could it have went longer? Sure. Would it have mattered? Nope. Silva was standing over Sonnen raining down punches and all Chael was doing was covering up. That's not intelligent defense, and the ref was right to stop the fight.

6. The shoulder strike was what it was. If the shoe was on the other foot and Chael did the same thing, none of the Sonnen fans would be complaining. Just because Joe Rogan eluded to the fact that it's technically assault, let's not act like Silva should be arrested.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:40 AM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
C'mon Javi, you can't be serious brother.

1. Chael has made quite a few excuses in recent years, and now it looks like Sonnen is filing an appeal, so there ya go. lol

2. Let's not start another "Greasegate"...the BJ Penn fans will just start complaining about GSP again.

3. Holding the shorts is illegal, and Silva was warned. A point deduction could have occurred, but obviously it wouldn't have mattered.

4. Unless Anderson Silva comes out and says that kneeing Chael in the face was his intent, you have no way of knowing that. Seriously, if he didn't care about the rules and just wanted to knee him in the face regardless of him being down, why would he throw the knee that way? Why not just punt Sonnen in the face like a football?

5. Complaining about the stoppage is the last thing along the trail of tears after UFC 148. Could it have went longer? Sure. Would it have mattered? Nope. Silva was standing over Sonnen raining down punches and all Chael was doing was covering up. That's not intelligent defense, and the ref was right to stop the fight.

6. The shoulder strike was what it was. If the shoe was on the other foot and Chael did the same thing, none of the Sonnen fans would be complaining. Just because Joe Rogan eluded to the fact that it's technically assault, let's not act like Silva should be arrested.
I'm done complaining about this fight. Just a couple of points.

5. I watched that fight a couple of times now and only two of those Rained punches landed. The rest were hitting chaels hand.

6. You're right none of the sonnen fans would complain but if chael or any other fighter had hit there opponent they would of gotten from Dana and the commission. That's just fact.

Chael lost that's a fact I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying its Bullshi/ the way everything comes down to favoritism. When it comes to promoters and commissions. Specially Dana White
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:49 AM
kevint13's Avatar
kevint13 kevint13 is offline
Student of the Sport
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greeley, CO
Posts: 682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
6. You're right none of the sonnen fans would complain but if chael or any other fighter had hit there opponent they would of gotten from Dana and the commission. That's just fact.

I'm just saying its Bullshi/ the way everything comes down to favoritism. When it comes to promoters and commissions. Specially Dana White
Actually you would be happy to hear that Kizer and the NSAC were pretty upset about what Anderson did at the weigh-ins and even the vaseline incident. Here is the article.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/7/9/...s-wont#3532284
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-10-2012, 02:08 AM
Max's Avatar
Max Max is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
He had his shorts a few times which pissed me off!! He was totally in his pants like a Vegas hooker!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
You're just mad because you wish it was you who was in Sonnen's pants and not Silva.
__________________

^this is what perfection looks like
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-10-2012, 02:10 AM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Actually you would be happy to hear that Kizer and the NSAC were pretty upset about what Anderson did at the weigh-ins and even the vaseline incident. Here is the article.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/7/9/...s-wont#3532284
I stand corrected. Chael Sonnen classy as always!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-10-2012, 03:29 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I'm done complaining about this fight. Just a couple of points.

5. I watched that fight a couple of times now and only two of those Rained punches landed. The rest were hitting chaels hand.

6. You're right none of the sonnen fans would complain but if chael or any other fighter had hit there opponent they would of gotten from Dana and the commission. That's just fact.

Chael lost that's a fact I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying its Bullshi/ the way everything comes down to favoritism. When it comes to promoters and commissions. Specially Dana White
It doesn't really matter if the punches were hitting his hands. Anderson could have sat there smacking Chael on the ass, but all Chael did was lay there in the fetal position. If the punches weren't hurting him, he would have been able to fight his way back to his feet, not lay there and cover up. Sure, it could have went went longer, but it wouldn't have mattered.

If Sonnen would have hit Anderson at the weigh in, it would have gotten the same response from Dana. To say that some other fighters would have gotten **** is painting with a wide brush. It all boils down to context, and in the grand scheme it was a SMALL thing. It was basically a love tap, not an all out brawl like David Haye and Dereck Chisora.

As for favoritism, think about who Chael Sonnen is, and the crap he's pulled in the last 2 years. Dana has cut ties with a lot of fighters for a lot less.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-10-2012, 04:25 AM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
It doesn't really matter if the punches were hitting his hands. Anderson could have sat there smacking Chael on the ass, but all Chael did was lay there in the fetal position. If the punches weren't hurting him, he would have been able to fight his way back to his feet, not lay there and cover up. Sure, it could have went went longer, but it wouldn't have mattered.

If Sonnen would have hit Anderson at the weigh in, it would have gotten the same response from Dana. To say that some other fighters would have gotten **** is painting with a wide brush. It all boils down to context, and in the grand scheme it was a SMALL thing. It was basically a love tap, not an all out brawl like David Haye and Dereck Chisora.

As for favoritism, think about who Chael Sonnen is, and the crap he's pulled in the last 2 years. Dana has cut ties with a lot of fighters for a lot less.
ok
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-10-2012, 08:55 AM
gnp's Avatar
gnp gnp is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Staffordshire
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Even if his thigh did touch his face, that wasn't the main brunt of the strike, and so what if it did? Should we overturn the fight? What about Chael hitting Silva in the back of the head?

The whole thing is nonsense, and people are looking for a reason to take Silva's victory away from him because they hate having to admit they were wrong or they are just haters. I can't even tell you how many people I've heard say "I just want him to lose to somebody". Sounds like Mayweather syndrome to me.
+1
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-10-2012, 09:00 AM
gnp's Avatar
gnp gnp is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Staffordshire
Posts: 81
Default

UFC 148 SALARIES:

Anderson Silva – $200,000 (no win bonus)
Chael Sonnen – $50,000

Forrest Griffin – $275,000 ($150,000 win bonus)
Tito Ortiz – $250,000

Cung Le – $150,000 (no win bonus)
Patrick Cote – $21,000

Demian Maia – $96,000 ($48,000 win bonus)
Dong Hyun Kim – $44,000

Chad Mendes – $36,000 ($18,000 win bonus)
Cody McKenzie – $10,000

Mike Easton – $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus)
Ivan Menjivar – $13,000

Melvin Guillard – $72,000 ($36,000 win bonus)
Fabricio Camoes – $8,000

Khabib Nurmagomedov – $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus)
Gleison Tibau – $31,000

Costa Philippou – $32,000 ($16,000 win bonus)
Riki Fukuda – $28,000

Shane Roller – $46,000 ($23,000 win bonus)
John Alessio – $10,000

Rafaello Oliveira – $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus)
Yoislandy Izquierdo – $6,000


Forrest tops the salary list

I used to like him but his antics just make me dislike him more and more
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.