Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 03-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I just want to hug my children right now. I feel so deeply saddened that a life is sometimes looked at as an embryo like its nothing. Its something precious and fragile. To look in your babys eyes and to know and hear his/her heart beating is the best feeling in the world. I know I was given the gift of being a mother and no matter where my life takes me I feel so closer to God by looking/holding my children.
I feel so bad for our youth that must face these moral decisions with no clear guided help from anyone. It seems parents take them for abortions out of embarrassment, or the burden of another mouth to feed its awful. I am not trying to put anyone down believe me I have my faults..
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
a plan B pill can not terminate a pregnancy,
it will only stop fertilization from occurring,
so to say this is a murder of an unborn child is a bit of a stretch,

if you truly believe that, then you must also give consideration that masturbation is a form of murder,unless your at a fertility clinic that is.
Stopping it from being fertilized with lots of different chemicals combined in a lil pill.. Wow and thats a stretch...?!
Oh and as far as masturbation if there was no egg/semen contact how is that considered murder?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Edit
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,637
Default

When my sister became pregnant, there was some concern for her and the baby. So one day, she has a talk with me and her husband about if something were to happen to her, she wanted to know that we would be okay.

I looked at my brother-in-law, hard and said to him, "If you have to choose between her and the baby, what will you choose?" He said he would choose my sister. And I said, "Good!" That was the answer I wanted to hear from him. Both our thinking was that if forced to make that decision, she could try and get pregnant again.

Plus, and I'm not sure some of you would understand this, this was my twin, the other side of my heart, the person I've literally shared life with since the moment of conception. So, of course, my emotions and feelings would be strong that I would want her to live.

However, after Caleb's birth (which I was blessed to be a part of), I reminded my sister and brother-in-law of that conversation we had months prior. I said, "If you asked me now to choose whose life to save, I wouldn't be able to so easily make that choice."
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-24-2009, 06:04 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
a plan B pill can not terminate a pregnancy,
it will only stop fertilization from occurring,
so to say this is a murder of an unborn child is a bit of a stretch,

if you truly believe that, then you must also give consideration that masturbation is a form of murder,unless your at a fertility clinic that is.
Well, actually that's a different story. If it's just stopping fertilization, then it's not terminating an existing human being. How long after intercourse can this pill be taken? And does it cease to be effective once the egg has been fertilized? If it's preventing fertilization, then it's birth control. If it's terminating a fertilized egg, then it's abortion. The transition from two haploid cells to one diploid cell is the key turning point between birth control and murder.

HOWEVER, the argument about making sex consequence free still stands. That's not going to lead to more responsible behavior among teenagers, it's going to exponentially increase promiscuity and sexual activity in children.

If we were to truly look at the issue of abortion subjectively and scientifically, not politically, then there is no doubt whatsoever that abortion is murder and life as we know it begins at conception:

1. An egg and a sperm are known as haploid gametes. In plain english, they are cells that contain only one chromosome (half a DNA strand), instead of two. Thus they only become complete cells when they pair with a compatible gamete in the process that we refer to as sexual reproduction.

2. Once fertilization occurs, those two single strands are "stitched" together to create a full double helix strand of DNA. Once that occurs, then the embryo contains 100% of the DNA information that it will need to develop and live out its entire life from birth to old age.

3. When I was a single cell, I had exactly the same amount of DNA information in my body as I do now. In fact, maybe more back then, because environment, age, illnesses and lifestyle all serve to create mutations in our DNA. However, we have only observed mutations removing information from a DNA strand. New information being added to a DNA strand, through natural mutation, has NEVER been observed or documented. So, in scientific terms, there is no proof that it ever actually happens.

4. Going by a subjective, materialistic, and scientific standpoint, there is absolutely no way to distinguish a one-celled embryo from a full grown human on a purely genetic basis. The DNA information remains essentially the same (taking into account the loss of information that mutations cause), the only materialistic difference is the number of copies of that information and the increased mass of the organism's body.

Thus, the statement that life, as we understand it, begins at conception no longer becomes some fluffy religious or political ideal, it can be established as a proven, scientific fact.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, actually that's a different story. If it's just stopping fertilization, then it's not terminating an existing human being. How long after intercourse can this pill be taken? And does it cease to be effective once the egg has been fertilized? If it's preventing fertilization, then it's birth control. If it's terminating a fertilized egg, then it's abortion. The transition from two haploid cells to one diploid cell is the key turning point between birth control and murder.

HOWEVER, the argument about making sex consequence free still stands. That's not going to lead to more responsible behavior among teenagers, it's going to exponentially increase promiscuity and sexual activity in children.

If we were to truly look at the issue of abortion subjectively and scientifically, not politically, then there is no doubt whatsoever that abortion is murder and life as we know it begins at conception:

1. An egg and a sperm are known as haploid gametes. In plain english, they are cells that contain only one chromosome (half a DNA strand), instead of two. Thus they only become complete cells when they pair with a compatible gamete in the process that we refer to as sexual reproduction.

2. Once fertilization occurs, those two single strands are "stitched" together to create a full double helix strand of DNA. Once that occurs, then the embryo contains 100% of the DNA information that it will need to develop and live out its entire life from birth to old age.

3. When I was a single cell, I had exactly the same amount of DNA information in my body as I do now. In fact, maybe more back then, because environment, age, illnesses and lifestyle all serve to create mutations in our DNA. However, we have only observed mutations removing information from a DNA strand. New information being added to a DNA strand, through natural mutation, has NEVER been observed or documented. So, in scientific terms, there is no proof that it ever actually happens.

4. Going by a subjective, materialistic, and scientific standpoint, there is absolutely no way to distinguish a one-celled embryo from a full grown human on a purely genetic basis. The DNA information remains essentially the same (taking into account the loss of information that mutations cause), the only materialistic difference is the number of copies of that information and the increased mass of the organism's body.

Thus, the statement that life, as we understand it, begins at conception no longer becomes some fluffy religious or political ideal, it can be established as a proven, scientific fact.
It can be effective up to 5 days after fertilization it just drops the percentage of accuracy, but it can be taken up to 5 days after unprotected intercourse..
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-24-2009, 06:18 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
It can be effective up to 5 days after fertilization it just drops the percentage of accuracy, but it can be taken up to 5 days after unprotected intercourse..
Okay, if it's destroying a fertilized egg, then it's murder. Nothing else.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Okay, if it's destroying a fertilized egg, then it's murder. Nothing else.
Exactly!! However for whatever reasons its supposed to stop fertilization so go figure it can last 5 days and when semen travels to the womans uterus the life is 3 days.. So is the pill sitting at a toll booth telling the semen to swim back down?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-24-2009, 06:37 PM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Okay, if it's destroying a fertilized egg, then it's murder. Nothing else.
what about those fertilized eggs that never even make it to the uterus? The egg doesn't start to develop into a child until it plants itself in the uterus....I don't agree with abortion, but Plan B, although not my favorite thing, I don't consider it murder
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-24-2009, 06:43 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
what about those fertilized eggs that never even make it to the uterus? The egg doesn't start to develop into a child until it plants itself in the uterus....I don't agree with abortion, but Plan B, although not my favorite thing, I don't consider it murder
That's a natural process and if the process malfunctions on its own accord, then there is nothing we can do about that. It doesn't make it okay to intentionally terminate a fertilized egg.

The fact that some people die of unexplained natural causes doesn't make murder acceptable. The same principle applies here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.