Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-24-2009, 08:48 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
I don't agree with them giving this pill to girls as a means of birth control, but I have to say, as a woman, I am torn when it comes to rape and/or incest. Torn because I know God would not approve of abortion no matter how it came about, and a child should have the right to life. On the other hand, my "human" person, the woman, wants their to be mercy and compassion for the woman put in such a predicament.
I understand how you would sympathize with the woman, but why not sympathize with the unborn child? What exactly did the baby do to deserve being put to death?

A woman is not completely helpless in the crime of rape. She can take self-defense courses, carry a gun or just be careful where she goes at night. However, that unborn baby is 100% completely helpless. It can't defend itself, can't speak on it's own behalf and that child's "freedom of choice" isn't even considered in the matter of abortion (which is what makes the phrase "freedom of choice" such a sick joke when applied to abortion).

So I would default towards protecting the GOD-given rights of the one person in this situation would cannot protect themselves: the unborn baby.

Sure, having to carry a baby conceived in rape would be traumatic, but it's not a guarantee of an unhappy life. Pat Robertson, the founder of the 700 Club, was conceived when his mother was raped. So the child has just as much potential for success as any human being born under different circumstances.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Primadawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Bonnie, I believe life begins at conception. Therefore, yes--even if I was BRUTALLY raped and got pregnant, I would have the baby. I've had this discussion with my oldest daughter and she agrees as well. If you believe that life begins at conception, but that there are valid reasons to END that life, then what's the difference between that and going and killing a rapist's 3 year old?
Would it be traumatic for the mother? Absolutely. Why does nobody care about the trauma to the unborn child?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-24-2009, 12:36 PM
mikthehick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

That really is too bad--if only kids would realize that abstinence goes far and prevents a ton of problems that teen parents face.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-24-2009, 12:47 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
Since when does murder need an excuse? Rape is a horrible crime why make it worse by adding the elimination of life as well. God alone should decide if a life should be born. BTW I have 2 young girls and if it were to happen to them the only life that will be taken would be the rapist. Who is to say we have not aborted the cure for cancer or some other great invention
Easy for a man to say ..

Man = rape = horrible crime = bad person
Woman = murder = worst crime = worst person
GTFO

Seem to me if you just get rid of men, we wouldn't have a problem .. just leave me and my son and County Mike to continue human kind ...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-24-2009, 01:24 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
Seem to me if you just get rid of men, we wouldn't have a problem .. just leave me and my son and County Mike to continue human kind ...
That's a tall order, but I'm up for the challenge.

Better get started now. We have a lot of work to do.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
The ancient Scandinavians would toss babies they weren't able to feed off of cliffs or leave them outside in the wintertime to freeze to death.

In Jesus' day, Roman citizens would take unwanted babies and abandon them by the side of the road to be eaten by wild animals or vultures.

Regardless of how the child is killed (exposure to the elements, gravity, wild animals, doctors or pills) the result is the same. It's still murder.
I agree Nate. It makes me sick and disgusted any thought or story of a baby being murdered. It makes me cry literally. uggg
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
Bonnie, I believe life begins at conception. Therefore, yes--even if I was BRUTALLY raped and got pregnant, I would have the baby. I've had this discussion with my oldest daughter and she agrees as well. If you believe that life begins at conception, but that there are valid reasons to END that life, then what's the difference between that and going and killing a rapist's 3 year old?
Would it be traumatic for the mother? Absolutely. Why does nobody care about the trauma to the unborn child?
I care.... And I agree with you at the worst case if the mother was too traumatized people would adopt a newborn. I would.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I understand how you would sympathize with the woman, but why not sympathize with the unborn child? What exactly did the baby do to deserve being put to death?

A woman is not completely helpless in the crime of rape. She can take self-defense courses, carry a gun or just be careful where she goes at night. However, that unborn baby is 100% completely helpless. It can't defend itself, can't speak on it's own behalf and that child's "freedom of choice" isn't even considered in the matter of abortion (which is what makes the phrase "freedom of choice" such a sick joke when applied to abortion).

So I would default towards protecting the GOD-given rights of the one person in this situation would cannot protect themselves: the unborn baby.

Sure, having to carry a baby conceived in rape would be traumatic, but it's not a guarantee of an unhappy life. Pat Robertson, the founder of the 700 Club, was conceived when his mother was raped. So the child has just as much potential for success as any human being born under different circumstances.
I disagree with a woman being completely helpless. I was a victim of a sexual assault. I was not full fledge raped thank God, however I was assaulted and this was by a US service man. I think if I was drunk in a club and rode home with strange men that would make sense that I contributed to careless behavior, but I wasnt. Some women are victims.

Last edited by Miss Foxy; 03-24-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Primadawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
I disagree with a woman being completely helpless. I was a victim of a sexual assault. I was not full fledge raped thank God, however I was assaulted and this was by a US service man. I think if I was drunk in a club and rode home with strange men that would make sense that I contributed to careless behavior, but I wasnt. Some women are victims.
I don't think that's what Nate was saying. I thing he just meant that the woman at least has a CHANCE to fight back, where an unborn baby does not.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
I don't think that's what Nate was saying. I thing he just meant that the woman at least has a CHANCE to fight back, where an unborn baby does not.
I know what he is saying and I agree 100%.. I was just saying in some cases yes women make themselves vulnerable, however sometimes they are helpless. I wasn't attacking him or anything like that just giving a real life example. I personally think abortion/plan B/ anything that stops a babys life from the moment it was conceived is pure MURDER....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.