Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-24-2009, 02:47 AM
Administrator

I like Mother Teresa's stance on abortion:
Quote:
If we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill each other?... Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:04 AM

Are you guys opposed to this pill being given to a woman or child who has been raped?

I ask this ? in all seriousness, as a woman, because I want to know how you men, and any women who would like to share their views, feel about this particular situation.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:13 AM
atomdanger

Our Country = Going to hell in a hand basket.

haha ok, maybe not that bad, but seriously.
I hate hate hate how over sexed kids are these days,
I can't stand seeing little girls in low rise jeans and mini skirts,
It makes me sick, I know 17 isn't exactly kids anymore, but it just brought up the subject in my mind because of a talk I was having with a friend the other day about kids and pop culture and sexyness with kids.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:33 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Are you guys opposed to this pill being given to a woman or child who has been raped?

I ask this ? in all seriousness, as a woman, because I want to know how you men, and any women who would like to share their views, feel about this particular situation.
Since when does murder need an excuse? Rape is a horrible crime why make it worse by adding the elimination of life as well. God alone should decide if a life should be born. BTW I have 2 young girls and if it were to happen to them the only life that will be taken would be the rapist. Who is to say we have not aborted the cure for cancer or some other great invention
Old 03-24-2009, 05:36 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
Since when does murder need an excuse? Rape is a horrible crime why make it worse by adding the elimination of life as well. God alone should decide if a life should be born. BTW I have 2 young girls and if it were to happen to them the only life that will be taken would be the rapist. Who is to say we have not aborted the cure for cancer or some other great invention
I see your point, but there's no way you can force a violated woman to carry that baby to term. No way. I can't justify that at all. Ever.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:41 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
I see your point, but there's no way you can force a violated woman to carry that baby to term. No way. I can't justify that at all. Ever.
As a Christian I can't justify what I would do to the rapist but it is a part of life and yes a double standard. However every kid should have the right to life. Why should a child suffer from the sins of the father? So murder is not an option. The girl can give it up for adoption, but they should have no right to destory it via chemicals. Let God decide.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:50 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
As a Christian I can't justify what I would do to the rapist but it is a part of life and yes a double standard. However every kid should have the right to life. Why should a child suffer from the sins of the father? So murder is not an option. The girl can give it up for adoption, but they should have no right to destory it via chemicals. Let God decide.
and if your daughter / wife / mother were raped....

would you tell her to have the baby and give it up for adoption? Or keep it?
doubtful.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:51 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Lets break down the Liberal Government mentality! It goes like this, Parents YOU are responsible for your Kids but YOU have NO ATHOURITY over them! That is reserved for US! The almighty all knowing Gubment who is replacing your God!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie

Honestly, I don't believe abortion is justified under ANY circumstances, not even rape. The child simply did nothing to deserve the death penalty. So, why create two victims instead of just one?
Old 03-24-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
In your previous post, you say, "...the only life that will be taken is the rapist."

In this post, "...murder is not an option." You do admit to a "double standard".

And then, "Let God decide."

If only God were doing all the deciding, hmmm...and not man in all his wisdom. But, God did decide and chose to give man free will. Free will to choose the path of righteousness or not, right from wrong.

I know it isn't your intent to make it all sound so "simple" as to "the girl can give it up for adoption" (at least I hope you realize it isn't that simple). Should a child have the right to life and not suffer for the sins of it's father--yes and yes, in a perfect world. But, the world isn't perfect because man isn't perfect.

In a way, it wasn't fair to ask the ? of you men because you are men. And even though men can be raped and suffer all the mental/emotional anguish a woman can from the act, he can't, however, get pregnant from rape and suffer the even greater emotional turmoil and mental anguish of all that entails for a woman let alone a child of rape.

I don't agree with them giving this pill to girls as a means of birth control, but I have to say, as a woman, I am torn when it comes to rape and/or incest. Torn because I know God would not approve of abortion no matter how it came about, and a child should have the right to life. On the other hand, my "human" person, the woman, wants their to be mercy and compassion for the woman put in such a predicament.