Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-25-2009, 06:47 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc
Hey man hows it going? names malcom, im new to the forums, nice to meet you. I posted this on page 7 but i guess it couldnt hurt to post again...happy reading

I’d just like to start by saying that I am not a physician, however I am doing my masters in Biochemistry and molecular medicine: with focus in metabolic pathways. So I was hoping I could add some info from a science point of view, because my politics suck.

Plan B, or “the morning after pill” as it is commonly referred to as, is not actually a drug that terminates pregnancy. The active reagent in this drug is Levonorgestrel, which is a type of synthetic Progesterone, one of the key hormones involved in menstruation regulation. Now the drug contains a MASSIVE amount of Levonorgestrel (more so then birth control pills), and the goal by taking this is to prevent ovulation from ever happening to being with. This is because prior to ovulation, progesterone is typically low, so by giving a huge dose, it tricks the body into thinking that ovulation is not necessary. Thus, fertilization can’t happen. Now, if you are already pregnant (fetus attached to uterine wall), then this drug DOES NOTHING. Also, there is no current evidence that the drug causes harm to the developing fetus. Now, normally this drug is encouraged to be taken within 24 hrs of sex to prevent ovulation and to ensure that any sperm present in the cervical mucus die within 3-4 days, especially if a woman is worried that she is very close to her period. Any oral intake after 3 days, and the effectiveness drops to below 30%. BUT….. Suppose you took the drug to late and you did ovulate and the egg was fertilized…then this drug can also prevent attachment to the uterine wall. I suppose a key debate point would be: Does “life” really exist at this point?

( I have some more info in my next post right after this)
Hi Malcom! Nice to meet you. Thanks for info.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Primadawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
hey,psst,over here,

if your going to make it around here your going to have to toughen up a bit,
these guys can be very mean,(except for the english guys,they're cool),

oh oh,gotta go,somebody's coming,
BTW,we never had this conversation.COMPRENDY?

That word is not spelled correctly.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:59 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
That word is not spelled correctly.
thats very cruel on your part to point out all my spelling and grammar
mistakes i make on here,
you dont see me following you around the site pointing out to everybody that you have
one leg shorter then the other do you?
i think you should have a chat with Neezar before you get to carried away.

now i hope you have a nice day.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:33 PM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
hey .. you must not be from the rock ... but yes we do speak with an accent .. i have lived in toronto for my whole life and when i am in the states, people know i am from canada .. LOL ...

You are from Toronto? hey sick, what part? like the inner city or the GTA? Im just saying because i lived in Missassgua for like 3 years, and then I lived in Brampton for like 15 years. People really know you have an accent when you go to the states? wow! It's probably all the american tv i watched as a kid, i mean come on, on Candian cable, only like 8 channel out of like 55 are authentic canadian, the rest is all NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, FOX etc etc etc.

Take it ez.. GO LEAFS GO
Old 03-25-2009, 07:37 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc
You are from Toronto? hey sick, what part? like the inner city or the GTA? Im just saying because i lived in Missassgua for like 3 years, and then I lived in Brampton for like 15 years. People really know you have an accent when you go to the states? wow! It's probably all the american tv i watched as a kid, i mean come on, on Candian cable, only like 8 channel out of like 55 are authentic canadian, the rest is all NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, FOX etc etc etc.

Take it ez.. GO LEAFS GO
I grew up in the burbs, but now live in the city .. not quite downtown, but about 10 mins from there ... yeah, if it weren't for the CRTC, we would have all american channels ...
Old 03-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
Since when does murder need an excuse? Rape is a horrible crime why make it worse by adding the elimination of life as well. God alone should decide if a life should be born. BTW I have 2 young girls and if it were to happen to them the only life that will be taken would be the rapist. Who is to say we have not aborted the cure for cancer or some other great invention
Like GOD alone permits the rape in the first place?

Next you will be blaming misscariages on the Mother aswell. Is that murder too?

Lets not be foolish. There is a big difference between unwanted pregnancies and rape. I believe that the only time a Women should ever be permitted by law to consider abortion is in the case of rape...even then, it would be up to her.

Now as for those who use this pill as an excuse to cover promescuity. I say take the drug from them, and let them live with their promescuity...but lets not cloud the issue and pretend Rape can be something with a silver lining, it is a complete violation, it has nothing GODly about it. Sure, if the woman can cope with carrying the child then fine...but if she can not...the blood should not fall on her head, but on the man who raped her...he is responsible for the murder, just as he is responsible for the violation
Old 03-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
I grew up in the burbs, but now live in the city .. not quite downtown, but about 10 mins from there ... yeah, if it weren't for the CRTC, we would have all american channels ...
Are there gangs in Canada?
Old 03-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
As a Christian I can't justify what I would do to the rapist but it is a part of life and yes a double standard. However every kid should have the right to life. Why should a child suffer from the sins of the father? So murder is not an option. The girl can give it up for adoption, but they should have no right to destory it via chemicals. Let God decide.
As a Christian, I would hope you do nothing to the rapist.

You want to talk about the child in this? What sort of trauma do you think might come from knowing that you were the result of a violation? what do you tell the child of his Father?

Its all very well assuming that being alive he would rejoyce, but if that were the case, you wouldnt have people wanting to die all the time, that have lived for decades.

Perhaps the child would suffer more living? You just dont know what torment something like that might bring to the Child, you dont know what heartbreak and identity confusion it might bring. Dont assume that the Child will automatically accept things the way you have.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:48 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Are there gangs in Canada?
no,no gangs,we are a peace loving Country and we all get along very well.
our young folks all have jobs and there is no time for gang activity.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
A woman is not completely helpless in the crime of rape.
so now its the womans fault for being raped?