Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I've heard of that verse, but I just can't seem to find it right now. However, IIRC, it only vaguely applies to the issue of abortion and even then must be twisted a little bit in its meaning to make that happen.

But that's just one verse, there are more verses that would seem to imply that abortion is murder:

Jeremiah 1:5 -

This verses clearly implies that GOD's plan for our lives doesn't start at birth. GOD's purpose for us even predates our conception.

Psalms 139:13-16 -

This just reinforces the statement in Jeremiah.

Luke 1:41 -

Elizabeth was the mother of John the Baptist and, of course, Mary was the mother of Jesus. When Mary and Elizabeth meet in this verse, John and Jesus are still in the womb. However, Jesus is still the Son of GOD even before His birth and the unborn John the Baptist still recognizes that he is in the presence of GOD and leaps in the womb. This pretty much disproves the notion that unborn babies are simply unliving globs of cells.

On the issue of rape, these verses would seem to apply:
Deuteronomy 24:16 -

Deuteronomy 22:28-29

So, if she is required to marry her rapist and live with him the rest of her life, then I highly doubt she would be allowed to terminate any pregnancy resulting from that rape.
Thank you Nate, I appreciate the clarification. As always your knowledge of the bible is greatly appreciated =)

I have plenty of reading left to do but I definately learn something new everytime I open the book
Old 03-25-2009, 05:36 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc
Hey I'm malcom, nice to meet you.

when you say the "chemicals can kill the fertilized egg", which drug are you reffering to Plan B or second set of ones i listed? Because the second one actually induces contraction to expel a developing fetus, while the first one doesnt. Just to clarify (probably my fault for not mentioning this), the drugs doesnt actually "interact" with the fetus in way that an acid may burn your skin. The drugs work by altering the body chemistry so that it illicts a physiological change, and the consequence of that well..unfortunately leads to fetal death.

In terms of being straight out of the "planned parenthoods" playbook...Im sorry i didnt mean to upset you (if infact your upset). Im just giving my knowledge on the subject from my education as a science student, I DIDNT read some published "mommys" book....in fact one of my old medicinal chemistry professors was on the board at health canada that helped do the clinical trials of plan B in canada.

In terms of having faith in the drug industry, welll i guess i am a little biased, fair enough, after all this is why im studying...and your right, they have done ALOT of bad things, but they have done alot of good thing too.... just to clarify...i personally dont agree with plan B OR any other pill, i was trying to offer whatever knowledge i had on the subject of the drugs for people who wanted to know more about it.

Anyway, take care...
i like you, you ability to use proper punctuation is very pleasing indeed.
and no i wasn't being sarcastic,i was paying you a compliment,
hope to see you around,
have a nice day.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Primadawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
hope to see you around,
have a nice day.
Brad has grammar envy!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:41 PM
mscomc

Quote:
hope to see you around,
have a nice day.

Hey thanks man...I appreciate it. Remember, us Canadians need to stick together, lol. Who else is going to recognize that we spell: Doughnuts and not Donuts? ..ha ha just kidding ( man i hope i dont get burned for that one)

Take care....
Old 03-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hey thanks man...I appreciate it. Remember, us Canadians need to stick together, lol. Who else is going to recognize that we spell: Doughnuts and not Donuts? ..ha ha just kidding ( man i hope i dont get burned for that one)

Take care....

Do you guys spell color as "colour"? How about blue, do you spell it "bleu"?
Old 03-25-2009, 05:47 PM
bradwright

Quote:

Take care....
YOUR CANADIAN?
sorry buddy but i cant be seen hanging out with you,
all my new American friends on here wouldn't put up with it.

(the english guys wouldn't care though,they"re cool.)
Old 03-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Crisco

Quote:
YOUR CANADIAN?
sorry buddy but i cant be seen hanging out with you,
all my new American friends on here wouldn't put up with it.

(the english guys wouldn't care though,they"re cool.)

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTT
Old 03-25-2009, 05:56 PM
bradwright

Quote:

only when i'm eating Cordon,
Old 03-25-2009, 06:07 PM
mscomc

Quote:

HA ha, touche....actually its true, color would be spelt COLOUR and a word like Honor, would be spelt honours, we seem to have a need to include extra "U's"... having been all over the states, I would say that our countries grammar and "dictionary" are about 99% the same....plus I live in the provinc of Ontario, so I'm an english canadian....last time i took french was the 9th grade. English was the only national language until the 1980's when they made french the second offical language of Canada...to be honest, it really only applies in the province of Quebec ( where GSP is from), where all the french settlers landed, thats the only reason we introduced the second language. 60% of Canada speak english as their first language, and of the 40% who are french canadians, reportedly 65% of them also speak english...... So in a long story... Blue is still spelt as BLUE ,

Take care....
Old 03-25-2009, 06:12 PM
bradwright

Quote:
HA ha, touche....actually its true, color would be spelt COLOUR and a word like Honor, would be spelt honours, we seem to have a need to include extra "U's"... having been all over the states, I would say that our countries grammar and "dictionary" are about 99% the same....plus I live in the provinc of Ontario, so I'm an english canadian....last time i took french was the 9th grade. English was the only national language until the 1980's when they made french the second offical language of Canada...to be honest, it really only applies in the province of Quebec ( where GSP is from), where all the french settlers landed, thats the only reason we introduced the second language. 60% of Canada speak english as their first language, and of the 40% who are french canadians, reportedly 65% of them also speak english...... So in a long story... Blue is still spelt as BLUE ,

Take care....
your telling me he is a Canadian ?
Man,no wonder they hate me around here,
what a day this is turning out to be.