Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 06-23-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Sorry Javi...Fedor Retired after the match...I suspect he's moving further into Russian Politics...something all the Americans like to try and forget
Why would you make such a sweeping generalization like that, Tyburn? I'm not trying to be mean but that's ridiculous.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-24-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Sorry Javi...Fedor Retired after the match...I suspect he's moving further into Russian Politics...something all the Americans like to try and forget
Very offensive and disrespectful IMO.....Nobody here talks trash about or makes disrespectful comments about England, even though it may be warranted.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan View Post
Very offensive and disrespectful IMO.....Nobody here talks trash about or makes disrespectful comments about England, even though it may be warranted.
Its neither...its the truth....not just on this forum, and every mma forum...but also on all the mma literature and journalism...there was almost zero coverage in America of the fact that not only did the Russian President (one of the most powerful people on the planet outside of the US) attend a high profile MMA event...but he also entered the ring after the event, and personally gave Fedor his reward

Neither did they bother to comment on Fedors standing in local ellections.

There is still next to nothing, and I mean NOTHING about that. Its as if the Americans are frankly trying to ignore it...and with very good reasons...because Fedor the politician doesnt stand for the value that Americans deem fit to proclaim...and its fascinating...its as if to wake up and discuss the political facts would mean the end of the hero worship.

Which is, of course, why he would make a most excellent protege. Mr Putin is not stupid...you may not like him, but he's not an idiot. His appearence alongside Fedor was part of a campaign for the Presidency...which in Russia unfortunately doesnt mean it was a statement to get votes, it means it was a statement of who the President is backing, or vice versa.

Lets not pull quarms here...Fedor didnt join some minority group. He joined the leading party in Russia and accepted an award from Vladimir and went forward for local ellections...looking at his record, MMA has played second fiddle ever since...not that you would garner that from any American media or fan.

Im sorry if you dont like that truth.

...and you can say whatever you wish to about England. I do not see fit to view my country through rose tinted lenses. You would know that if you'd ever heard my views on it...they are probably far more critical then your own.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:36 AM

I'm sorry but you're just wrong, Dave. Even I knew about Putin giving the award and I don't pay attention to that stuff. It's not the 1950's, there's no "red scare" and people in this country don't care what Fedor's politics are. You are just making a sweeping (and incorrect) generalization and won't admit it.

I think you have a wee bit o' the devil in ye, as we say in the old country :-)

Last edited by flo; 06-25-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I'm sorry but you're just wrong, Dave. Even I knew about Putin giving the award and I don't pay attention to that stuff. It's not the 1950's, there's no "red scare" and people in this country don't care what Fedor's politics are. You are just making a sweeping (and incorrect) generalization and won't admit it.

I think you have a wee bit o' the devil in ye, as we say in the old country :-)
Dont you find the lack of coverage...interesting?

...and are you sure you didnt hear about Putins award from ME I do not count
Old 06-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
A former fighter starting a new career is not really earth shattering news, and neither is a minor celebrity getting into politics. It was covered in a small blurb, as that is how these things are generally reported. How that could be interpreted to mean something negative about the US is something only your therapist understands.

Quote:
...and are you sure you didnt hear about Putins award from ME I do not count
VCURamFan posts most of the Fedor news around here, not you, and this thread was posted by Foxy.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:34 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Its neither...its the truth....not just on this forum, and every mma forum...but also on all the mma literature and journalism

Neither did they bother to comment on Fedors standing in local ellections.

There is still next to nothing, and I mean NOTHING about that. Its as if the Americans are frankly trying to ignore it...
Dave, you are so full of shyte. You seem to come up with a theory or idea and push it even with no basis or facts to back it up. Just Google 'Fedor Emelianenko Politics'. You will see that almost every MMA site out there posted articles on Fedor and his politics.

The majority of American MMA fans are young males who care nothing for Russian politics. So it isn't suprising that MMA sites don't beat that story to death.

And just because we don't discuss something here doesn't mean that we stick our heads in the sand and ignore something that you think we might find threatening or offensive.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
No, I didn't hear it from you, I probably saw it on Yahoo news.

It isn't interesting in the least. Our country is more partisan than ever, housing is in the toilet, gas prices are still way too high, grocery prices going up and it's really tough for people to find work. Tensions in the ME are are a crisis point and the EU is crumbling. I think Fedor getting an award from Putin (and going into politics) is the LAST thing on the minds of Americans, even MMA fans.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Yay
Old 06-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
1) A former fighter starting a new career is not really earth shattering news, and neither is a minor celebrity getting into politics. It was covered in a small blurb, as that is how these things are generally reported. How that could be interpreted to mean something negative about the US is something only your therapist understands.

2) VCURamFan posts most of the Fedor news around here, not you, and this thread was posted by Foxy.
1) Its not his "career" that should get the attention...I seem to recall that Jeff Monson got ALOT of attention for his views. Its more to do with what he represents...or might represent...and I actually do think that kinda matters...I know in one way it shouldnt matter at all though

2) Oh the irony...I used to post all the time, less then two years ago I probably posted and started more threads then anyone else period. Now...not so much. I split my time between here and other places, and I dont post as much as I used to, let alone start threads....but you'd have to have been a regular poster more then a year and a half ago to have understood just how diminished I have become around here. Ask around...others will no doubt tell you