Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-06-2009, 04:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion
First off, lets get something clear, you are not atheist. thats not possible, to be atheist you have to KNOW that there is no God, and since if he showed up right now you would be on your face repenting, that makes you agnostic. Simply put, you would soon believe if it was proven to you, so there is no such thing as an atheist.

Secondly, you claim that a child brought up in a same sex household will not notice the difference, I guess that you dont have children yourself, or that you have really had litle to know contact with children. On top of that how do you propose that these same sex couples have children??? since we are fundermentally not designed to mate with the same sex.

You talk of judgement yet you yourself have done that very thing in judging christians simply for making a stand, I dont agree that the people that treated Dave badly were in the right, and I happen to be good friends with Dave myself, and dont believe that he should be treated badly at all. Believing that homosexuality is a sin and against God does not make me judgmental, hate the sin love the sinner, and Dave will tell you that I have had my runs in with him over the past 3 or so years about all kinds of stuff, but he is still a friend.

Bottom line I personally do agree with homosexuality, I dont belive that we were designed that way and I dont think that it i acceptable, you are intitled to your opinion, but I would appreciate it if you didnt come in to the Christian section and bash christians, there are plenty of other forums that you can go spread your opinion.

If you are really interested in learning about what it is and why it is that chirstians believe then by all means stick around. But dont come judging us all by the mistakes of the few.

No one said that christians were perfect, I know I am not and I know I make mistakes, but all the same, dont cast off christianity as a result of a small group of people.
Let's not do this, because this guy is obviously not interested in doing anything but bashing Christianity. So his posts don't really belong in this section. If he was honestly seeking answers, then fine, but based on the response I deleted, the guy is clearly not interested in seeking answers of any kind.

I do find it funny that foggy can claim that we're all hate-filled bigots for believing that homosexuality is wrong, as GOD says; but the only hate filled post in this entire thread is coming from foggy himself.

I'm not sure if that's a double-standard or just hypocritical.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:14 AM
foggy

NateR, you could delete every single post of mine from this thread if you wish.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy
NateR, you could delete every single post of mine from this thread if you wish.
I'll do you one better.

This section doesn't exist so unrepentant, non-believers can bash our faith, blaspheme our GOD, and insult our intelligence. We established that a long time ago. It's for Christians to get together and talk about their faith and for those who are seriously seeking answers to ask questions.

So, your ridicule and insults don't belong in this section or on this forum. You get a temporary ban for your antics here. Hopefully, you can be a little more respectful of other people's beliefs when you come back.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I'll do you one better.

This section doesn't exist so unrepentant, non-believers can bash our faith, blaspheme our GOD, and insult our intelligence. We established that a long time ago. It's for Christians to get together and talk about their faith and for those who are seriously seeking answers to ask questions.

So, your ridicule and insults don't belong in this section or on this forum. You get a temporary ban for your antics here. Hopefully, you can be a little more respectful of other people's beliefs when you come back.
Indeed.

Foggy...this Forum is Matt Hughes property which he pays for, if you think of it like a town, then the Christian Section is The Church of that town. We need to follow VERY strict procedures in this section we've discovered.

Please take this as a Warning, there is no need for you to be permanently banned, if that happens, it is because you have forced us into the position of addressing you in that way. You know the rules. There is no problem in showing support to me over such an issue...but you dont do that by deaminging Christianity or GOD...you wont win my thanks or friendship if you try that tactic. Christianity is important to me...just like I dont like being attacked for my sexual preference, I dont like being attacked for my faith either.

You understand the former, so you can understand the latter, when you return, if you cant do it for any other reason, do it to respect my wishes that I have quite enough pain without you adding to it. If your legitamate in what you say and true to your word, no doubt you'll remain happy on here for many moons to come...if you refuse...you will eventually leave us no other option.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:07 PM
warriorlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Let's not do this, because this guy is obviously not interested in doing anything but bashing Christianity. So his posts don't really belong in this section. If he was honestly seeking answers, then fine, but based on the response I deleted, the guy is clearly not interested in seeking answers of any kind.

I do find it funny that foggy can claim that we're all hate-filled bigots for believing that homosexuality is wrong, as GOD says; but the only hate filled post in this entire thread is coming from foggy himself.

I'm not sure if that's a double-standard or just hypocritical.

i thought my responce was....tactful, compared to what i would have said in the past.

shame - theres no helping some people and so they get banned
Old 02-07-2009, 12:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion
i thought my responce was....tactful, compared to what i would have said in the past.

shame - theres no helping some people and so they get banned
The guy just wanted to rant against Christians and ridicule the Bible. There was no other purpose for him being here.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:45 AM
mikthehick

How about another testimony!!!

I'll make mine short.....my mom got saved at 19 and started to attend a Lutheran church with my dad. They got married, has me, and got me baptized 3 weeks after birth. The Lutheran liturgical foundations believe that kids need to be Christened as soon as they are born in the unfortunate case they die.

I have a hard time believing God condemns babies....

Rolling on, I got saved about 6, and then a new pastor was hired, Jay Brigham, loads of red hair and he was married and had 4 kids. Seemed like a great family--so my dad and his buds went on deployment figuring this guy was great.

A month into his stay at Calvary Lutheran in Jacksonville, NC, his kids started coming to church with bruises and his wife stopped coming. I saw him hit his kids during sunday school. He never hit any of the other kids, but he called us really demeaning names and said if we didn't obey the bible, we'd pump gas for the rest of our lives. I felt completely let down....I didn't realize this treatment of all of us was verbal abuse until counseling as an adult. It was really hard to come to terms with the fact that my mistrust of guys was due to 6 months of hell as a 6-7 year old.

Needless to say, being let down so bad by a church leader helped me delve away from God and get obsessed with perfectionism. I had maybe 5 good friends growing up. The rest were casual friends who only wanted help with Hw. Just because I had good grades, ppl think you have it all together....but that's far from the truth. Growing up silent and only talking to animals and internalizing feelings is really unhealthy. Let's just say the counselors in high school knew me well. If I got a grade as low as a B+ I would have a stroke.

In college, the party lifestyle got to me b/c I had to take care of my friends every weekend. That got old fast, so I just holed myself up, studied, and played polo. I had a 2 week hospital stay my junior year, and that got me kicked out of school. I have more 'withdrawls' on my college transcript than anyone ever probably.

After that, God started talking to me, audibly. I started having really vivid dreams, but was 'stuck' in life. I was 20 and had nothing to show for it. So my mom and dad encouraged me, I got my old barn job back, started going to jr. college, got into UVA, and moved back to Cville. This is where I met a great, solid church group and came back to Jesus yet again.

I figured we drift as people all the time, but God will take us back any time. Proverb's 3:3-4 was given to me in about 5 cards from friends one Christmas, and it's one of the verses I try to read often.

Anyway, that's my story--sorry it's so long.....
Old 03-09-2010, 01:49 AM
annamal

I wondered if there was already a thread on this. And there was! But there's only 4 testimonies. I know there's more christians on here than that. I was watching a youtube video yesterday where this pastor (Mark Driscoll) is answering a question about the conversion experience being a sudden thing or a long drawn out process. He said being born again is different for everyone. Some people are drawn slowly closer and closer to God over time and some people do have that lightning bolt from the sky experience. It was a little of one for me and alot of the other. Being around a christian friend daily made me hunger for what he had. I began to think and ask questions. And then on 2-16-10, I GOT IT! I won't go on about it further, as I already have on the forum quite a bit. But I would really love to hear more about everyone else's experience coming to know God.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:10 AM
Robertboxerboy

OK A TESTIMONY!!!

Mom was born in cali and moved to indiana with her mom and step dad. My dad grew up in indiana in ahouse his mom and dad built themselves. Hid dad died when he was seven.
I grew up in a trailor and went to a christian church for preschool. Not that my family is religios just they had the best program.
I moved to garrett when I was seven. I was a small, fat, non athletic kid, didnt really have any friends for the longets time.
It wasnt until fourth grade I had some people to talk to but they werent really friends.
fifth grade i decided to join boxing. Then i found one of my best friends to this day and he lived just down the street from me. 6th grade i found my very best friend, and thats where the trouble started.
We would go out every night in town and we were (not trying to show off) the bad asses of the 6th grade lol. And I was in boxing so i wasnt afraid of getting in a scrum. Most of the times we would get in fights just to punch someone in the face, and we fought, alot.
7th grade I found some athletic ability and found football, and i was good at it. then in 8th grade I probably made one of the biggest mistakes of my life. Me and my good buddy i told you about decided to make a works bomb. BAMB we set it off and here come the cops wondering what is going on. Probation as an 8th grader was not cool. Me and my two friends started hangin out with the other athletes in school and thats when I finally found my core friends. We were a mixing pot. we had everything from every little 'click' in our school in our freshman year. Athletes, chubby kid,the hillbilly (me), rich kid, fighters, a druggie (dont know why we hung out with him, wasnt long till we dropped that idea) andc everything few and far between.
My feshman year was when i was introduced to GOD. And it came in the form of a 250 lb man and a discus. He is my mentor still. I look up to him like noone else except for my poppy. But before that was when we decided to get intot the high school scene and start going to parties and drinkin. We did it pretty heavily too. And thats when my mentor after one practice took me out to eat on a wednesday. then he said "lets go were going to church". I was shocked. I told him heck no that if i took one step into a church i would burn. And that if i ever tried to pray GOD would see the caller I.D. and ignore my call. But he wasnt taking no. He was on a mission to save my soul. we went to church and they started worship at youth group. They sang "Arise my Love" by Newsong and when it said "The grave could not hold the King" I dropped to my knees and cried. I cried like I never have. I had to step out side. I was shaking. I had never noticed how hell bouned I was. I was on a highway to hell going over the speed limit and not taking any stops. I noticed this was the life I was ment to live my mentor later told me that was what he wanted. I cant explain the emotions I had for days. I was a new me. Reading the bible every night and praying and repenting for all my sins. I want to chruch solidly then started to fade away but did my best to live a christian life. My sohpmore year came and I got my licence and I now go to church every wednesday and offer myself to GOD. This is the closest I have ever felt to GOD and I want to keep it this way.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:42 AM
annamal

Rock On! That's awesome. That's what I wanted to hear. That's what I'm afraid of too, that this change will fade away.