Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 06-11-2012, 06:49 PM

Im just happy Pacquiao lost and Marquez got the satisfaction of knowing he wooped him even better. It doesn't avenge his robbery losses but at least he gets a kick out of the whole situation.

I bet those 40 million Floyd offered him sound very good right now but the ship has sailed. At least he has the 25 he made in this fight.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:51 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
It's just a case of immense butt-hurt, and it is somewhat amusing. I believe it was Oscar who started that fire when he said Bradley should have given him the belt on twitter.
You know I can't stand Oscar. Blegh!!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Doing what Floyd Mayweather does, making Bradley miss and countering effectively as indicated by the power shots landed. Pacquiao threw less, but landed the same in round 10 and more in round 11 than Bradley.

This was pretty much the story of the whole fight, Pac threw less, still landed more total, made Bradley miss and Pac landed his shots at much higher %age than Bradley. It was pretty clear without the stats.

Besides, isn't that how Mayweather wins? Making the other guy miss while throwing less, but landing more (effective) shots?
Pacquiao is talented but Floyd is "God Gifted" In there lies the difference.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Im just happy Pacquiao lost and Marquez got the satisfaction of knowing he wooped him even better. It doesn't avenge his robbery losses but at least he gets a kick out of the whole situation.

I bet those 40 million Floyd offered him sound very good right now but the ship has sailed. At least he has the 25 he made in this fight.
I still don't see how anybody can call the Marquez fights "robberies". They were all very close fights that could have went either way.

Besides, Floyd won't make that type of money without Pacquiao either. Honestly, who is left for Floyd to make those big dollars?

I don't think it'll matter though, even Floyd Sr. and Roger all said Pac won that fight and since the public doesn't view it as a loss for Pacquiao, it isn't going to make a difference money-wise. They're correct, it's still the fight people want to see.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Pacquiao is talented but Floyd is "God Gifted" In there lies the difference.
And that has what to do with Pac losing the decision in this fight fighting the same way Floyd did for a few rounds?
Old 06-11-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I still don't see how anybody can call the Marquez fights "robberies". They were all very close fights that could have went either way.

Besides, Floyd won't make that type of money without Pacquiao either. Honestly, who is left for Floyd to make those big dollars?

I don't think it'll matter though, even Floyd Sr. and Roger all said Pac won that fight and since the public doesn't view it as a loss for Pacquiao, it isn't going to make a difference money-wise. They're correct, it's still the fight people want to see.
Floyd makes more money that's fact.

Its also Fact that you and everyone else wont see it as a loss but Floyd will and he will demand even more of the Lion's share if in fact they ever fight.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
And that has what to do with Pac losing the decision in this fight fighting the same way Floyd did for a few rounds?
LoL I just think its cool when says that...

And since you said Pac was fighting like Floyd yet he still lost I figured I trow it in there
Old 06-11-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Floyd makes more money that's fact.

Its also Fact that you and everyone else wont see it as a loss but Floyd will and he will demand even more of the Lion's share if in fact they ever fight.
Yeah, he does. Arum is a crook. And yes, Floyd will use that as leverage, can't say I blame him there.

On that subject, Roger Mayweather tweeted an old interview of Floyd last night where he basically warns Pac about Arum. He talks about Cotto possibly leaving so Arum setting him up to lose (he did have him fight Pacquiao shortly thereafter, but that wasn't a "set up"). You guys might enjoy this.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...np2&set_size=1

Quote:
LoL I just think its cool when says that...

And since you said Pac was fighting like Floyd those yet he still lost I figured I trow it in there
LOL, well if it makes you feel better
Old 06-11-2012, 07:15 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Doing what Floyd Mayweather does, making Bradley miss and countering effectively as indicated by the power shots landed. Pacquiao threw less, but landed the same in round 10 and more in round 11 than Bradley.

This was pretty much the story of the whole fight, Pac threw less, still landed more total, made Bradley miss and Pac landed his shots at much higher %age than Bradley. It was pretty clear without the stats.

Besides, isn't that how Mayweather wins? Making the other guy miss while throwing less, but landing more (effective) shots?
Compubox is just two guys pushing buttons, it's not perfect, but people love to use it when it fits their argument. A lot of people gave rounds 10 and 11 to Bradley, including the judge who scored it for Pacquiao.

Manny made Tim miss, but Tim also made Manny miss a lot of shots too and he nailed Pac with some good shots too. While Manny may have caught Bradley with some solid shots he didn't ever really have Bradley in serious danger. It wasn't the greatest performance from either fighter to be quite honest.

Manny is not a defensive wizard like Floyd. Heck, Floyd's not even the defensive wizard he once was, which is probably one of the reasons he has been fighting more toe to toe in recent years. I'm not trying to take anything away from Manny, but I felt it was a much closer fight than most people are saying. I felt like Manny was gonna get the nod when I watched it Saturday night, and I can understand why people think he won, but there were some close rounds in there that can be argued for Bradley.

It's also funny for you to say that Manny won by fighting like Mayweather, yet thats always been one of your biggest criticisms of Mayweather. Maybe Manny should have gone back to fighting like Manny from 2008 and this wouldn't have happened....or would it?
Old 06-11-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
It's also funny for you to say that Manny won by fighting like Mayweather, yet thats always been one of your biggest criticisms of Mayweather. Maybe Manny should have gone back to fighting like Manny from 2008 and this wouldn't have happened....or would it?
Yes, it has been one of my greatest criticisms of Mayweather, but I'm only making the point to you since it's one of your greatest praises of Mayweather. However, now that Manny is doing it, you're not praising it in the same fashion as you do Mayweather.

And yes, Manny still has all the speed, power, and talent, but he just doesn't go for the kill anymore. Even after the fight, I didn't expect him to be all smiles. After he lost to Morales, where he clearly lost the fight, he wasn't all smiles. It's just like to him anymore, it's just a job.

I'd say, Mayweather would win this fight, I make no bones about that now. If the old Pac would show himself, I'd say differently.