Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 06-11-2012, 03:56 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
I'm glad he lost.. Same thing happened when Marquez beat him, but yet he got the win? No one cared then. So now it's my turn to smile..
You know Marquez is laughing his butt off right now.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:10 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
I'm not saying it doesn't happen in MMA but its nowhere near the same level of shadiness.

Anyway would love to chat but the England game is about to start, laters!
Shadiness comes in a lot of different forms from the promoters, to the commissions, and to the fighters themselves. No doubt boxing has had a lot of crazy stuff happen over the years, but it's also been around for a very long time. MMA may be leading the way for a new generation of fans, but it's still prizefighting and it will always be likened to boxing in that respect.

Enjoy the game!
Old 06-11-2012, 04:24 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

http://www.examiner.com/article/brad...ng-bradley-win

Quote:
'Bradley gave Pacquiao a boxing lesson' - Judge defends scoring Bradley win
by Dennis "D Source" Guillermo

Las Vegas, NV - Duane Ford, one of two judges who scored the bout 115-113 for Timothy Bradley over Manny Pacquiao Saturday night, defended his scorecard in speaking with Steve Carp of the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

"I thought Bradley gave Pacquiao a boxing lesson,” said the 74-year-old boxing judge based in Las Vegas.

“This isn’t American Idol. If I judge for the people, I shouldn’t be a judge. I went in with a clear mind and judged each round,” Ford added in dismissing the massive backlash from the general public regarding Pacquiao's surprising loss.

Compubox statistics showed that Pacquiao landed 96 more punches, despite throwing less, connecting on more power punches and jabs at a more efficient rate. Unfortunately for Pacquiao, Ford does not care for such stats, nor were they available for the senior boxing judge while scoring the fight.

“I don’t look at the punch stats but I saw Manny miss a lot of punches and Bradley hit Manny and win a lot of the exchanges,” insisted Ford.

- dSG -

** Legal waiver - By quoting, copying and using material from this article to your website, publication or blog, you agree to give full credit to Dennis 'dSource' Guillermo and Examiner.com, provide a link / hyperlink to the original article. **
This seems to be sitting well with the masses...
Old 06-11-2012, 04:56 PM

What I find the most hilarious about this whole Fiasco is that Arum is pretending to be insulted by the commission

And acting like a little boy who just got screamed at by his parents and is now sitting down with his arms crossed saying Im not gonna allow a rematch to happen until they do an investigation

Almost as if he hadn't payed anyone off and he was actually surprised by the decision... Its kind of hard to believe him when weeks before the actually fight happened they where already talking about a rematch in November 10th if Bradley where to win

All this IMO is Arum building up what he thinks will be hes next priced fighter after Pacman hangs them up... and with this whole religion thing he has going on now It might happen sooner than his fans expected.

Its always funny to me how far someone who already ruined there relationship is willing to go just to absolve himself from all the wrong doing SMH

Old 06-11-2012, 05:25 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
You know Marquez is laughing his butt off right now.
What I don't get is how many people are so outraged that Bradley didn't hand the belt to Pacman? I sure the hell don't remember Pacquiao doing the same to Marquez so what gives?
I find it entertaining.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:31 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Arum is just blowing smoke to try and quiet the people who are saying he fixed the fight. Even if he gets his way and the commission does an investigation it's unlikely that anything would come of it. He will just take the rematch to Texas or somewhere else.

As for Arum talking about the rematch in November before the fight happened, it sounds worse than it really is. It was already in the contract that Manny would get a rematch if he lost, which is normal. I'm not putting anything past Arum, but I'm also not sold on the idea that the fix was in. I know Top Rank invested a decent amount of money into Bradley, but I'm not sure that Bradley will be the guy to lead them to the promise land after Manny retires. Guess we will see...
Old 06-11-2012, 05:45 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
What I don't get is how many people are so outraged that Bradley didn't hand the belt to Pacman? I sure the hell don't remember Pacquiao doing the same to Marquez so what gives?
I find it entertaining.
It's just a case of immense butt-hurt, and it is somewhat amusing. I believe it was Oscar who started that fire when he said Bradley should have given him the belt on twitter.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Official CompuBox scorecard. After reviewing the fight, no sound, I scored it the same as I did last time (actually matching Kevin Iole). I gave rounds 1, 9, and 12 to Bradley, so 117-111 for Pac.

Here is the round-by-round stats:

Old 06-11-2012, 06:25 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Official CompuBox scorecard. After reviewing the fight, no sound, I scored it the same as I did last time (actually matching Kevin Iole). I gave rounds 1, 9, and 12 to Bradley, so 117-111 for Pac.
This speaks to my point that this fight was closer than people are admitting.

The rounds that people gave to Bradley are all over the board. The 1st and 7th rounds were questionable, but I scored them for Bradley. I could even see one of those rounds being 10-10 and Pacquiao winning 115-114, but I dont know how you gave the 10th or 11th round to Pacquiao.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
This speaks to my point that this fight was closer than people are admitting.

The rounds that people gave to Bradley are all over the board. The 1st and 7th rounds were questionable, but I scored them for Bradley. I could even see one of those rounds being 10-10 and Pacquiao winning 115-114, but I dont know how you gave the 10th or 11th round to Pacquiao.
Doing what Floyd Mayweather does, making Bradley miss and countering effectively as indicated by the power shots landed. Pacquiao threw less, but landed the same in round 10 and more in round 11 than Bradley.

This was pretty much the story of the whole fight, Pac threw less, still landed more total, made Bradley miss and Pac landed his shots at much higher %age than Bradley. It was pretty clear without the stats.

Besides, isn't that how Mayweather wins? Making the other guy miss while throwing less, but landing more (effective) shots?