Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 03-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Chris F

Default Question about a school?

I was wandering if Nate or someone can find out if they know anything about this school in Oklahoma.
GameBred
Miletich Fighting Systems of Oklahoma
3104 E. Admiral
Tulsa, OK 74110
918-747-1924 or any school in Tulsa that is a good place to train health wise. At my age and health I have no plans getting back into any sort of ring.

I need to get in different shape since round is a shape but I need some serious work health wise. And I think I can convince my wife I won't get killed. Thanks for any info you may got.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Tattoo Artist

Did you try looking on the MFS website? They generally have alot of info on the different schools throughout the world.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:59 AM
mikthehick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
I was wandering if Nate or someone can find out if they know anything about this school in Oklahoma.
GameBred
Miletich Fighting Systems of Oklahoma
3104 E. Admiral
Tulsa, OK 74110
918-747-1924 or any school in Tulsa that is a good place to train health wise. At my age and health I have no plans getting back into any sort of ring.

I need to get in different shape since round is a shape but I need some serious work health wise. And I think I can convince my wife I won't get killed. Thanks for any info you may got.
Chris, don't worry too much about getting killed. Getting hit by the pads isn't that bad. Superficial bruising is pretty normal.

Whatever gym you join, be up front with the staff and instructors there and just tell them you are getting in shape. At my gym here, there are plenty of girls who are taking the women's thai classes and core classes to get in shape. They all began in January and are getting REALLY good! And so far so good, they are reaching their weight goals ok.

Round is a shape indeed, that made me laugh There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to do something about it, however
Old 03-22-2009, 06:28 AM
Chris F

Thanks Shane and Kim. My wife is more worried about me getting killed. I am not to worried about it. My chin has been tested more then once and pad or not it can hold its own. My stamia is my worry. I have never been the same since cancer.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Tattoo Artist

You just have to go at your own pace. Let all the instructors know your situation and I am sure no one will have a problem with it. You wont get killed, I trained at a MFS school in Decatur, IL for several years and granted they do tend to train a little harder than most, you will not get pummeled.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:30 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Shane
You just have to go at your own pace. Let all the instructors know your situation and I am sure no one will have a problem with it. You wont get killed, I trained at a MFS school in Decatur, IL for several years and granted they do tend to train a little harder than most, you will not get pummeled.
I want to be pushed. I am not generally self motivated but I am very competitive. So I just need to get in somewhere and be accountable.