Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-28-2012, 03:54 AM

Default Mayhem fired from UFC

I figured he'd get one more chance but apparently there were some post-fight antics that cemented Dana's decision to let him go. I'd like to hear Mayhem's side of the story...I hope he finds something else, I've always liked the guy.

Link here.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 05-28-2012, 04:19 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I figured he'd get one more chance but apparently there were some post-fight antics that cemented Dana's decision to let him go. I'd like to hear Mayhem's side of the story...I hope he finds something else, I've always liked the guy.

Link here.

I wasn't sure what would happen after his fight. I know Rogan kept saying it looked like his knee went out on him in the fight, but I don't know if that was the case. Mayhem also said he would retire if he couldn't beat CB, but whatever he did backstage sealed his fate.

He is supposed to be on the MMA Hour tomorrow so hopefully he will tell what happened.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:31 AM
Student of the Sport

This came from MiddleEasy and is the rumor about what happened:

Quote:
When CB Dollaway did his post-fight interview with Joe Rogan, Mayhem slowly walked to the back of the Octagon and rested his arms on the top of the cage. His head was hung pretty low, so Mark Munoz and Ryan Parsons consulted him inside the cage. They eventually walked out and Mayhem Miller had an 'incident' before the post-fight medical check-up with one of the staff members working at UFC 146. Apparently when Mayhem walked backstage after the bout, he sat down against a wall, probably reflecting on his fight with CB Dollaway. Someone backstage (not sure if it was MGM or UFC staff) asked Mayhem to 'clear the path' and get out of the corridor. Mayhem either didn't hear him or simply was wrapped-up in his own thoughts to care. The staff member then tried to pat him on the back in order to encourage him to move. It's rumored Mayhem Miller quickly got up, yelled at the staff member and then kicked over a table. A few UFC employees questioned why he did it, and apparently he got in a verbal altercation with them. At the post-fight screening, Mayhem starting yelling at CB regarding the decision and threw an object at him. Dollaway continued to sit down and get checked out by the doctor. Mayhem then went into the locker room, gathered his belongings and left the MGM Grand Garden Arena. The UFC couldn't even contact him for his post-fight quote. Nothing physical happened, just mayhem. It's also apparent that Mayhem Miller was on his way out of the UFC if he lost at UFC 146, this incident didn't cause him being cut from the promotion.
http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8133: the-sunday-morning-rumor-mill&catid=34rganizations
Old 05-28-2012, 05:17 AM

This sucks specially since he was doing good on his feet before his knee gave out.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:44 AM

It sounds like if he didn't win, he was going to be out anyway, why is Dana acting like he's out because he acted up backstage?

I was reading some of the comments people wrote (below the article); people can be so ugly.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
This sucks specially since he was doing good on his feet before his knee gave out.
This ^^^^^.
It was pretty clear that his knee got jacked up in the fight and that's when things went downhill for him.

On a side note, Dolloway needs to work on his G&P. With the positions he got for as long as he had them, there's no reason he shouldn't have been able to finish that fight. If you go watch the replay, all of his shots were just arm punches, no turning of the body/hips whatsoever. He needs to watch the way Hughes finished Royce Gracie to learn how to triple the power in his shots in those positions.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:40 PM

meh .. 0-3 in the UFC .. not too many people would get more chances ....
Old 05-28-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
meh .. 0-3 in the UFC .. not too many people would get more chances ....
Yeah, if you include his fight back in 2005

0-2 on this run. Matt Hardy lost 4 in a row until his win on Saturday.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Yeah, if you include his fight back in 2005

0-2 on this run. Matt Hardy lost 4 in a row until his win on Saturday.
0-3 is 0-3 .. LOL ... sure, there are other guys that have more losses in a row ... akiyama ... but mayhem was given a chance to come in against bisping on TUF and didn't show up to that fight .. he was then given a guy who couldn't win TUF and lost to him ... now he can go back to being a reality show star!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
0-3 is 0-3 .. LOL ... sure, there are other guys that have more losses in a row ... akiyama ... but mayhem was given a chance to come in against bisping on TUF and didn't show up to that fight .. he was then given a guy who couldn't win TUF and lost to him ... now he can go back to being a reality show star!!!
LOL, well, in all fairness, it was pretty obvious his knee was going out and he was winning the fight up until that point.