Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 05-22-2012, 06:37 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Exclamation DAVE!! Here's your chance to show Dana how it's done!!!

Quote:
I work naked everyday while The Howard Stern Show gently plays in the background of my apartment in Hollywood. If you want my life, then you must have a severely repressed childhood, rack up an endless amount of student loan debt, and then quit your job, pack all your possessions inside your Daewoo Lanos and drive from the East Coast to Los Angeles, California just to sleep on your lesbian friend's sofa for a month until you find a place to live.

That was my formula, and it was stupid. I don't suggest anyone else doing that. There's a lot of stuff that can go wrong, so my advice would be to just take a short cut and be the vice president of a large MMA organization that's owned by one of the largest corporations in the world. If I hated my job as much as you do, this would be a no brainer. Get out of your office -- and go to another office. At least do something that you love and lessen your chance of getting harassed by soccer moms that want to show you pictures of their kids.

Normally this wouldn't make news on MiddleEasy, but it's not everyday that you see 'Vice President of Corporate Operations for Bellator' being advertising online. Screw inner-company promotion, this is your chance to give your two-weeks notice and then pull one of these at your job. It appears Bellator is expanding in the Irvine, California area and is hiring multiple positions, which include: Business Operations Director, Operations Manager, Travel Director and VP of Corporate Operations. All of those positions sound super important, at least far more significant than 'insurance claims adjuster.' Chances are you are qualified for these positions and you don't even know it, so apply away and when you get unpacked into your new office, send me Mercedes Terrell's phone number.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:45 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Why Dave? Why not JB?

Old 05-22-2012, 08:50 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Why Dave? Why not JB?

Because Dave's the one who's ranted about it most recently, so his name was freshest in my mind!
Old 05-22-2012, 08:59 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Because Dave's the one who's ranted about it most recently, so his name was freshest in my mind!
I was obviously kidding, but this does give me an idea...Check your PM
Old 05-23-2012, 08:35 AM

My application is in, many thanks
Old 05-25-2012, 01:32 AM
Student of the Sport

I love how all the positions except for Vice President of Corporate Operations all state: this is not a six figure job

That means....it must be a seven figure job!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:32 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Why Dave? Why not JB?

Coz I'd be better at the Job

If I were American, or living in America I WOULD apply.

But They aint going to hire someone from England before they hire someone more local. I guess I just have to wait until they expland over to England.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Okay Business Opporations Director is a nono, I could do the diary stuff and the administration...but financial analysis...No I dont think so.

Opporations Manager I could SO DO, I would like this coz it involves coordination, but also it involves interactions with the fighters in a capacity that basically does all prepriotory work.

Probably one of my dream jobs this

Travel Director. I could do, but would probably get bored.

VP Opporations. Well I already have a five year history of doing Event Management on a smaller scale. Except all of it was musical rather then sports. This was what I did at Tasmin Little Music Centre for three years. We planned, we marketted, we set up and we ran concerts at events like the Alhambra and priestly centre for the arts, and ran a centre with day to day events as part of a team. I could do that job. the financial area would be the only challenging aspect.

perhaps I investigate their online application...just take a peek...I think if I had to only apply for one it would be the opporations...one can always move up internally, maybe best to start with an easier and more fun job, then senior management which is within my capability but can be something I wait/work for within the company
Old 05-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

its a pretty basic application

For a senior position in an english firm you'd have to answer more then three questions about the post
Old 05-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

okay. I applied