Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-22-2012, 02:31 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Jones' Prior Run-In with Cops for Suspended License & 'Loss of Traction'

From MMAMania.com:

Quote:
As a follow-up to this weekend's story of UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones' arrest for driving while under the influence of alcohol, word began to leak of Jon having ran into some prior issues with the law while behind the wheel.

After seeing a report on Saturday of this incident, we awaited word from the Albuquerque Police Department and we now have confirmation that it was legitimate so we have provided a copy of the police report from a November 24, 2011 incident.

Jon was pulled over for flying around a corner in his car and losing traction before pulling into the parking lot of a "fully nude club" (Fantasy World).The police pulled him over in the parking lot and ran his license, they then realized it was suspended and, as a result, Jones' car was towed. The charges were dismissed in a March 8, 2012 trial (as pointed out by The MMA Corner).

Follow after the jump for more details and a PDF copy of the official police report.

Thanks to Luke Thomas for his assistance in confirming this report.
Quote:
On 11/24/11 I observed a black Bentley turn Northbound on Jefferson NE from Westbound McCleod NE. The vehicle came around the corner sideways and tires squealing. The vehicle continued North at a high rate of speed and pulled into the Fantasy World parking lot. I conducted as traffic stop and contacted the driver, identified as Jonathan Jones. I ran Jones drivers license through MVD and it was suspended. I then ran his drivers license through NCIC and they confirmed his it was suspended. Jones was cited for loss of traction and suspended drivers license. Jones vehicle was towed from the scene.
PDF copy of the police report: Jon Jones November 2011 Police Report
Sad to hear he didn't learn from this previous mistake. Granted, I've gotten 2 reckless driving tickets & still go over the speed limit, so I've got no moral high-ground to stand on. Guess I had just hoped that he would enough wise influences around him to help keep him in line.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-22-2012, 02:38 PM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is online now
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,788
Default

I have to attend traffic school before July. I wonder if he wants to come with me
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-22-2012, 02:59 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

I once got a ticket for exhibition of speed.

I was at a stop light and the idiot in front wouldn't move when the light was green. So instead of honking my horn I Reved my V8 Engine at him and a pig who was on the opposite of the intersection pulled me over
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-22-2012, 03:54 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,557
Default

i thought the hate jones got for being cocky was blown outta proportion ... saw this pic and can't think that anyone who takes this pic, posts it is humble ...

and then driving it with a suspended license also seems like a cocky thing to do ...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-22-2012, 05:37 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,720
Default

I'm not in any place to be judgemental of Jon. He's young, dumb and...well, you know how the rest of it goes. I honestly wonder sometimes how I survived my wild youth; lots of money and fame would have made it even worse. I know he seems cocky, rnc, but he's the UFC LHW Champion and is sitting on top of the world. This latest incident should knock some sense into him (and I hope it does) but some amount of ego and hubris is necessary to be the best in the world, in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents, I think JBJ is a nice guy, he's well-spoken and seems to be a good father. Now if he would do the right thing and marry his "fiance" (high school sweetheart and mother of his kids), I'd respect him more.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-22-2012, 05:59 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I'm not in any place to be judgemental of Jon. He's young, dumb and...well, you know how the rest of it goes. I honestly wonder sometimes how I survived my wild youth; lots of money and fame would have made it even worse. I know he seems cocky, rnc, but he's the UFC LHW Champion and is sitting on top of the world. This latest incident should knock some sense into him (and I hope it does) but some amount of ego and hubris is necessary to be the best in the world, in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents, I think JBJ is a nice guy, he's well-spoken and seems to be a good father. Now if he would do the right thing and marry his "fiance" (high school sweetheart and mother of his kids), I'd respect him more.
this
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-22-2012, 07:02 PM
Primadawn Primadawn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I'm not in any place to be judgemental of Jon. He's young, dumb and...well, you know how the rest of it goes. I honestly wonder sometimes how I survived my wild youth; lots of money and fame would have made it even worse. I know he seems cocky, rnc, but he's the UFC LHW Champion and is sitting on top of the world. This latest incident should knock some sense into him (and I hope it does) but some amount of ego and hubris is necessary to be the best in the world, in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents, I think JBJ is a nice guy, he's well-spoken and seems to be a good father. Now if he would do the right thing and marry his "fiance" (high school sweetheart and mother of his kids), I'd respect him more.
Yes. This.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-22-2012, 07:10 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,707
Default

I drive faster than I should. I get angry at other drivers and act a fool over it sometimes. I remember being young and doing some very dumb things. Believe it or not, those bad decisions can be made by anybody. If you think you would NEVER make a bad decision, you are scarier to me than someone who knows it could happen and watches carefully to ensure that bad decision doesn't get made.

I'm not excusing JBJ but I hope he gets help and that he takes the time to learn how to guard against it happening again. I hope he is punished, if found guilty, just like any non celebrity would be. It's only fair. I hate when celebrities are given special treatment.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-22-2012, 07:24 PM
County Mike's Avatar
County Mike County Mike is offline
Hailey's Dad
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Millville, NJ
Posts: 859
Default

Quote:
Jon was pulled over for flying around a corner in his car and losing traction before pulling into the parking lot of a "fully nude club" (Fantasy World).
Dude was just in a hurry to see some boobies. Who could blame the guy?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-22-2012, 07:38 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I drive faster than I should. I get angry at other drivers and act a fool over it sometimes. I remember being young and doing some very dumb things. Believe it or not, those bad decisions can be made by anybody. If you think you would NEVER make a bad decision, you are scarier to me than someone who knows it could happen and watches carefully to ensure that bad decision doesn't get made.

I'm not excusing JBJ but I hope he gets help and that he takes the time to learn how to guard against it happening again. I hope he is punished, if found guilty, just like any non celebrity would be. It's only fair. I hate when celebrities are given special treatment.


~Amy
Agreed, absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Dude was just in a hurry to see some boobies. Who could blame the guy?
Aaaaaaaaand JBJ is now Mike's new favorite fighter.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.