Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Default Getting married

Hey all. Sorry I've been gone for a while. I've kept up a little by lurking but haven't taken the time to log on. One of the reasons I've been so busy, besides work, is that I've gotten engaged. My boyfriend proposed at Disney World in a hugely romantic way. So now I have a wedding to plan and that is going to keep me quite busy for a while longer. We are thinking the date will be some time in the first 3 months of 2013. We have to talk to the church, go through our pre wedding classes/counseling, and see if our reception venue is available that night. Then I can announce the actual date.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 05-20-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Congrats Amy!
Old 05-20-2012, 02:20 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Congratulations!
Old 05-20-2012, 02:31 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
......... My boyfriend proposed at Disney World in a hugely romantic way......

~Amy
Do tell! I love stories like these.

Probaly because my story sucks!

We were in Mexico in a pool. I thought he was joking when he asked (we had been horseplaying in the pool). And I splashed water in his face. I never had a clue that he was serious until two years later. His parents asked when we planned to get married and he said, "I have already asked her once and she splashed water on my face. I'm not asking her again."
I was like .

Thankfully he did eventually ask again.

3 years later , stubborn ass
Old 05-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

I had a conference at Disney that I was able to attend and had him go as well so we could make a vacation out of it as well. He had already picked the ring and didn't want me to ruin the surprise by seeing it so he had it shipped to the hotel where we were staying. Then he tied the ring inside his shorts every day just waiting for the right moment. It's amazing that he didn't lose it. We got there Tuesday morning early. He didn't propose until Sunday night. On Sunday we watched the last parade, the castle lights show, and the fireworks. Then we wanted to stay for the extra magic hours. He rode another ride and then we walked over towards TomorrowLand. As we walked past the castle and the rose garden we noticed that a photopass lady was still taking pictures. We decided to go ahead and take the moment to get a picture of us with the castle lit up behind us. As we stood in line he started complaining about a rock in his shoe. When it was our turn he told me he wanted the lady to take a picture of us with his phone as well so I went and stood in the right spot while he was showing her his phone. When he came over to stand with me he said that the rock was really bothering him and he needed to get it out right then. After a few seconds the photographer said, "okay." I thought she was getting irritated at him for taking up her time by messing with his shoe so I started to tell him to leave it and just take the picture. When I looked down he had the ring out and asked me to marry him. I was super shocked and she got that moment and the look on my face on film. That was what he was going for. He wanted that surprise proposal and my face captured. So it was very sweet and we have it all on film. He had apparently been plotting this the whole time including the rock in his shoe story.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 05-21-2012, 01:36 AM

Oh, what a wonderful surprise for you Amy! I like how that man thinks!

Congratulations, sweetie!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:20 AM
SupaDupaMod

That was a good story!
Old 05-21-2012, 12:29 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I had a conference at Disney that I was able to attend and had him go as well so we could make a vacation out of it as well. He had already picked the ring and didn't want me to ruin the surprise by seeing it so he had it shipped to the hotel where we were staying. Then he tied the ring inside his shorts every day just waiting for the right moment. It's amazing that he didn't lose it. We got there Tuesday morning early. He didn't propose until Sunday night. On Sunday we watched the last parade, the castle lights show, and the fireworks. Then we wanted to stay for the extra magic hours. He rode another ride and then we walked over towards TomorrowLand. As we walked past the castle and the rose garden we noticed that a photopass lady was still taking pictures. We decided to go ahead and take the moment to get a picture of us with the castle lit up behind us. As we stood in line he started complaining about a rock in his shoe. When it was our turn he told me he wanted the lady to take a picture of us with his phone as well so I went and stood in the right spot while he was showing her his phone. When he came over to stand with me he said that the rock was really bothering him and he needed to get it out right then. After a few seconds the photographer said, "okay." I thought she was getting irritated at him for taking up her time by messing with his shoe so I started to tell him to leave it and just take the picture. When I looked down he had the ring out and asked me to marry him. I was super shocked and she got that moment and the look on my face on film. That was what he was going for. He wanted that surprise proposal and my face captured. So it was very sweet and we have it all on film. He had apparently been plotting this the whole time including the rock in his shoe story.

~Amy
Good man, well played! Congrats, Amy, I'm so happy for you!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:31 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

So happy for you mamas!!
Sounds beautiful!!! If you need anything at all you know the digits xxoo!!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:06 PM

congrats Amy !
hope you guys live a long and happy life together !