Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-22-2012, 02:11 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
He made his business public.
He did, but he alone is culpable for his actions; which is why it is absurd to me why people sit around and judge others when they break the law.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 05-22-2012, 02:15 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
one of the trade offs of becoming one of them is that their business becomes public.

Rightly so, if they are to be held by the population as examples. if they are to be "celebrated" then that is one of the sacrifices they make. They play their lives out in the public domain. Its the price of fame...and with larger rewards they can get with their fame, they deserve larger proportions of criticism aswell.

You cant have your cake and eat it.
No one should assume that being a "public figure" automatically assumes your private life should be public. Now he did commit a crime driving drunk. Still, since it is a matter of that district vs him how in the world does it pertain to anyone not directly involved.

Let the hand of justice do the condemning here. Gossip is just a waste of time.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:53 AM

Default Jones Manager

Jon Jones’ Manager: ‘No One’s Running…He’s a Man, He’s Going to Stand Up Like a Man’

Posted on May 22, 2012 by Damon Martin

Everybody in this world is capable of making mistakes and no one is infallible.

When the news broke last Saturday that UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones had been arrested in upstate New York and charged with a DWI (driving while intoxicated) after his Bentley struck a telephone pole, there was a lot of shock in the MMA community.

Not because a fighter isn’t capable of making a mistake, but because of the kind of person Jon Jones had always been made out to be both in the public and in private. A 24-year old kid with all the success in the world who wanted to be a role model to today’s youth made a big mistake, and he’s going to own up to what he did, but right now he’s just gathering his thoughts and letting the legal process run its course.

That’s according to Jones’ manager Malki Kawa who spoke about his client’s arrest in an exclusive interview with MMAWeekly Radio that airs on Tuesday.

“He will address everyone soon. He’s going to have an official statement from him, and something’s going to come directly from him. He’ll address everybody and talk directly, and do all that when he’s ready to do it I’m sure,” Kawa stated.

From the physical side of the accident, the UFC’s top light heavyweight is completely okay. Reports had surfaced that Jones suffered a bloody nose from an airbag that dispersed when his car struck the telephone pole, but his manager says he’s doing okay with no serious injuries.

“He’s okay. Obviously, I really can’t say much. I’m not going to comment too much on it. We hope that the fans and the media will give Jon a chance to gather his thoughts together, and get everything he needs to get together, and you guys will be hearing from Jon directly,” Kawa stated.

“He’s not hurt or anything like that, that’s a good thing about it, but it’s an unfortunate situation. We’ll get him through it.”

Being in the public spotlight in this paparazzi laden society doesn’t give any celebrity much of a chance to shy away from a situation like this, and Kawa understands that all too well. He knows Jones is going to be under a microscope right now and his actions are going to be scoured over and scrutinized to the umpteenth degree.

His only request is that fans, media and people around the world give Jones a chance to explain himself, and then they can judge for themselves.

“I understand when celebrities are celebrities and athletes are athletes they’re at the highest level, they’re expected to conduct themselves a certain way and when they don’t, when they’re winning or losing even, fans are going to have their opinion. That’s something I respect and I understand,” Kawa said.

“I would just kind of like to let the fans know to give him a chance. Give yourself a chance to get all the facts in yourselves, wait until everything gets said and done and then at that point if you want to vilify him afterwards and you heard him speak and you heard him say his part and then vilify him, I can’t control what people are going to say. But it is too soon, it is too quick in my opinion. He really is a decent guy, he’s a very, very good guy, trying his hardest to be a good role model, a good example and he wants to be that. No one’s perfect and he’s never said he was and never said that he doesn’t make mistakes. It’s a fact he made a mistake, he messed up and I’m sure he’s going to come out and apologize and do what he’s got to do.”

Kawa also stated that while he has been in constant contact with Jones throughout this situation, he could not confirm that a Facebook post that was made on Monday attributed to the UFC light heavyweight champion actually did come from him.

What he can guarantee however is that Jones will make a public statement when the time is right, and he’s not going to hide from what he did.

“No one’s running from anything, at the end of the day he’s a man, he’s going to stand up like a man, but there’s obviously legal advisors involved, processes involved and he’s just going through it right now. I can promise you that he’s trying his hardest not to stay quiet and not address the concerns, he’d like to,” Kawa stated.

“Obviously in no way shape or form am I or any member of my team or any representative of Jon is making any kind of excuses or condoning any type of behavior. All we’re saying in a nutshell is give us a chance to get everything in, give us a chance to understand everything that happened and everything that’s going on and then we can come out and actually say something that’s intelligent and that can explain things and that people can get their answers in one shot.”

As far as the business side of Jones’ career, he is currently slated to take on former Pride and Strikeforce champion Dan Henderson on Sept 1 at event in Las Vegas.

While the champion is still dealing with the fallout from his arrest just last weekend, Kawa says that his fight career is moving forward as far as he is concerned. If something changes, that will be up to Jones or the UFC to make that call.

“I don’t know if the UFC will do anything about it, and as of right now Jon hasn’t said anything about not fighting on Sept 1,” said Kawa. “So as far as I’m concerned from what I know, the fight still will go forward.”

For now, Jones will continue to spend time with his family as he deals with this situation, and he will have a statement in the coming weeks about the accident and subsequent arrest for DWI.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-jones-m...-up-like-a-man
Old 05-22-2012, 12:33 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
What are you on about? The sin/agenda of homosexuality is the apple to Jone's orange.
Do you not think what Jones did was a sin?

Quote:
People need to let it go and move on - especially considering they aren't involved in this in any direct way whatsoever.

And I could say that other people being homosexuals is really none of your business because it doesn't involve you.

Quote:
He did, but he alone is culpable for his actions; which is why it is absurd to me why people sit around and judge others when they break the law.
Just like you sit around and judge others who sin.

Geez, dude, you are such a hypocrite.

Here are a few quotes from you on other sins. I guess you get to pick and chose which sins you like and which you don't.

Quote:
It is the acceptance of sins like this that will lead to our downfall.
Quote:
Baby steps ... you have to address ALL problems, not just the big ones
Old 05-22-2012, 12:40 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
btw, No one here appears to be judging him. We are talking about him. That is what we do here.

I don't brand him a horrible person because of this. But he did screw up. And I am going to talk about it. And as that doesn't involve you, you need to quit talking about us talking about it. lol
Old 05-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
And I could say that other people being homosexuals is really none of your business because it doesn't involve you.
NAY. You just compared 1 man doing a traffic crime to an ENTIRE agenda that is driven to re-write natural laws and which is attempting to shove a sinful lifestyle down our throats and ultimately is Satanically inspired.

I'm not judging any one's soul, I'm raising awareness. You are just idly gossiping about something and someone who has and never will impact your life in any way, shape of form ever.

Quote:
Here are a few quotes from you on other sins. I guess you get to pick and chose which sins you like and which you don't.
Nice attempt to use a red herring to distract from the immediate discussion, but I don't bite (but thanks for taking the time to search through all those posts anyway - sure that was well worth it)

I'm done talking about it.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:14 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
NAY. You just compared 1 man doing a traffic crime to an ENTIRE agenda that is driven to re-write natural laws and which is attempting to shove a sinful lifestyle down our throats and ultimately is Satanically inspired.

I'm not judging any one's soul, I'm raising awareness. You are just idly gossiping about something and someone who has and never will impact your life in any way, shape of form ever.

Nice attempt to use a red herring to distract from the immediate discussion, but I don't bite (but thanks for taking the time to search through all those posts anyway - sure that was well worth it)

I'm done talking about it.
I noticed you changed your status to 5x champ? Well just to put it out there I am almost at 5x. I plan on being the most dominant prediction on this forum soon. Enjoy while it lasts. Oh and Jones messed up bad..When ANYONE goes out on a drinking spree hitting poles and etc it becomes a problem for society.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:43 PM

seems like rashad was right when he said bones was fake ... he knew something we didn't ... still a fan of jones the fighter ... think he will have an easy time with hendo ..
Old 05-22-2012, 03:49 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
seems like rashad was right when he said bones was fake ... he knew something we didn't ... still a fan of jones the fighter ... think he will have an easy time with hendo ..
I said the same thing and I recall being called a hater on here! LOL I can read people well. See now Bendo he is legit. Jones is a sneaky weasle.. Hypocrite.. Grrrrr
Old 05-22-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
I said the same thing and I recall being called a hater on here! LOL I can read people well. See now Bendo he is legit. Jones is a sneaky weasle.. Hypocrite.. Grrrrr
i actually do remember that ... good call foxxxy ..