Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-21-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I've always thought it's weird when guys at that level have plenty of money to pay for a taxi, but still drive home. If you have any inclination whatsoever that you're going to have drinks, taxi in and taxi out.
this!!!! ... i always spend the money on cabs .... not worth the risk ..
Old 05-21-2012, 04:30 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Oh dear what do we have here.. Hmm
Old 05-21-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
the ufc will do their best to get him off this one ... damage done ... so when he saw the kids smoking weed and he went and told the teacher, i assume when he was questioned by the cops, he told them everything and told on himself? LOL ... i can't hate on the guy for ratting out those kids, but it was too good to pass up ...
Who saw what kids? Who was questioned by the cops? When? Why? Where?
Old 05-21-2012, 05:52 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
the ufc will do their best to get him off this one ... damage done ... so when he saw the kids smoking weed and he went and told the teacher, i assume when he was questioned by the cops, he told them everything and told on himself? LOL ... i can't hate on the guy for ratting out those kids, but it was too good to pass up ...
What?
Old 05-21-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
What?
just one of those Canadian quacks spouting off about nothing...don't give it no never mind.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Stump Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
just one of those Canadian quacks spouting off about nothing...don't give it no never mind.
Quote:
What?

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 05-22-2012, 12:10 AM

^^^^^

LOL ... in a primetime episode or something, jon said when he was in highschool, he saw some kids smoking weed, so instead of turning a blind eye, he went and told a teacher and the kids got in trouble .. LOL ... he gets quite a bit of hate for this on other sites ... to me it aint such a big deal, but i find it funny that he now gets caught for this ... that is all ...
Old 05-22-2012, 01:23 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
^^^^^

LOL ... in a primetime episode or something, jon said when he was in highschool, he saw some kids smoking weed, so instead of turning a blind eye, he went and told a teacher and the kids got in trouble .. LOL ... he gets quite a bit of hate for this on other sites ... to me it aint such a big deal, but i find it funny that he now gets caught for this ... that is all ...
He also said this:

Quote:
I'm very comfortable with the UFC putting me out there and trying to use me as one of the guys to promote the sport and bring it to a new level. I'm honored that they respect that I'll do well by the opportunity.

I think if I was a knucklehead and I was a guy who you would have to worry about getting a DWI or going out and doing something really stupid, they simply wouldn't promote me. I think they see the guy that I am and they trust that, even though I'm a 24-year-old, I'm a trustworthy 24-year-old. I'm a company guy and they trust in me.

They're purposely trying to get everybody to know who I am, and it's for a reason. I think I said it best the first time: If I was a total knucklehead, they just wouldn't do that.

Lorenzo Fertitta, the guy's a billionaire. I think he trusts that I would never embarass him in front of his friends.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/mma/p...tness/669534/1

Kinda ironic. In all fairness, I am glad that no one was hurt from this and I hope he learns from his mistake. He is young and I made plenty of mistakes at his age too. That doesn't make up or lessen what he did, but I think most can relate to making bad decisions at his age.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
And how are homosexuals (one of your favorite harps) your business then?
What are you on about? The sin/agenda of homosexuality is the apple to Jone's orange.

Quote:
He is a criminal. He broke the law. It is everyone's business. He played russian roulette with everyone around him that night. And that constitutes a good man in your book? Now if he consciously chose that pole instead of a family returning home late from a vacation then you might could justify saying that he is a good man.
He made a mistake, hardly the kind to justify defining him. What if you had done the same thing? Would you want people harping on about it as though it were any of their business?

Quote:
Drinking and driving is not simply a mistake. Anyone who downplays it should do a little research on the victims.
It can certainly be a mistake, but it is still not excusable. Still, we have millions of people starving to death in this world, wars, rumors of wars, murders, sex trafficking etc etc etc...

Yet, this is news?

It's slightly more relevant as the latest Karsdashian drama.

Not dogging you Neez, but it is pretty sad.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 05-22-2012, 02:08 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
You posted in this thread. If it's just gossip, why even give it the time of day?
to point out how gossipy it is

Quote:
No offense but, in case you haven't been paying attention, his "status" does make it "news" in this day and age. It's not gossip when there is a police report on file and his PR person makes a statement acknowledging that it happened.
It's not your fault it was stated by the PR person, but it doesn't change the fact that is nothing less than complete gossip; let's just be honest here.

Quote:
Would you say the same thing if this was about Anderson Silva?
I would say exactly the same thing. I defend people's right to privacy. Jones didn't kill anyone, he just made an error in judgement and he will and is owning up to it. People need to let it go and move on - especially considering they aren't involved in this in any direct way whatsoever.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/