Old 05-20-2012, 05:00 AM
Stump Rules!

That and some old UFC guy threatened to kill him

Scroll down

http://www.tmz.com/

Anyway...poor JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
Dana had surgery and missed the fights. It's the first time in like 11 years or something that he's missed a fight night.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 05-20-2012, 07:34 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
some old UFC guy
Dan Quinn never fought in the UFC, just sayin...

Go to youtube and look up Dan Quinn, the guy is clearly a psycho or one of the biggest troll jobs in the history of the internet.

As for Bones Jones DUI...

Old 05-20-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnp View Post
Quick and effective way to ruin his clean cut image.
Agree
Old 05-20-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I've always thought it's weird when guys at that level have plenty of money to pay for a taxi, but still drive home. If you have any inclination whatsoever that you're going to have drinks, taxi in and taxi out.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Hughes fanboy

Jon's a good man. He made a mistake, and it's NONE of anyone's business.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 05-20-2012, 09:16 PM

What a Fu#%ing Idiot!!

Like Rock said why not take a Cab!?

Anyways he never had a squeaky clean image in my eyes....
Old 05-21-2012, 12:55 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
I don't disagree that he is probably a good guy and that he just made a mistake, but I wouldn't say it's nobody's business. DUI is extremely irresponsible and can endanger the lives of everybody else on the road. Also, Jones is a public figure who is quickly becoming one of the most identifiable names in the sport of MMA. It's also not like it was a routine traffic stop where he blew just over the legal limit, the guy smashed his $100,000 Bentley into a pole.

Personally, I'm not gonna harp on it or think any different of him as a fighter or a human being. We all make poor decisions in our life, and alcohol will definitely cause us to do stupid things. I will just say that it's disappointing and I hope the grief and embarrassment he's dealing with because of it right now prevents him from ever doing it again.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
No one is saying he's not a good man. Good men make mistakes, good men make this mistake all the time. It's his business if he chooses to drink, he makes it others' business when he chooses to drink and drive. Not to mention he's a well-known figure right now so something like this will be news.

Last edited by Bonnie; 05-21-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I don't disagree that he is probably a good guy and that he just made a mistake, but I wouldn't say it's nobody's business. DUI is extremely irresponsible and can endanger the lives of everybody else on the road. Also, Jones is a public figure who is quickly becoming one of the most identifiable names in the sport of MMA. It's also not like it was a routine traffic stop where he blew just over the legal limit, the guy smashed his $100,000 Bentley into a pole.

Personally, I'm not gonna harp on it or think any different of him as a fighter or a human being. We all make poor decisions in our life, and alcohol will definitely cause us to do stupid things. I will just say that it's disappointing and I hope the grief and embarrassment he's dealing with because of it right now prevents him from ever doing it again.
Ooops, I started my response and got interrupted and just finished posting only to see yours afterwards...we're of the same mind about it.

An ironic thing for me, the first thing Vizion said in his post was, "Jon is a good man"...my first post where I mentioned my young cousin-in-law, after the judge sentenced him and they took him away, his mom kept saying, "He's a good boy, Bonnie." I said, "I know he is."
Old 05-21-2012, 01:50 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Ooops, I started my response and got interrupted and just finished posting only to see yours afterwards...we're of the same mind about it.

An ironic thing for me, the first thing Vizion said in his post was, "Jon is a good man"...my first post where I mentioned my young cousin-in-law, after the judge sentenced him and they took him away, his mom kept saying, "He's a good boy, Bonnie." I said, "I know he is."
Yeah, it's definitely a mistake that good people make all the time, and I have a few friends that have gotten DUI's over the years. I will admit that I drove home a few times I probably shouldn't have when I was younger, but after losing a couple friends who smashed their cars and seeing all the legal problems it can cause I decided it's just not worth it.

I rarely go out to the bar anymore, but when I do I plan ahead and try to get a DD, use public transportation or a shuttle that some bars run, or even just walk home if I go somewhere local. They also have a service out here that will actually come to the bar and drive you and your car home for you. It's not cheap, but it's a lot cheaper than a DUI.