Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 05-16-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i will be here to congratulate you my american friends on re-electing a great president!!!!!!!!!

Go get a room!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:57 PM

Great cartoon!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 05-16-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
They already have all the same exact rights as everyone else, including the ‘right’ to have butsecs if that’s what they want to do, but now they want the laws rewritten to include special consideration and acceptance of their lifestyle, and Barack Obama is accepting and inclusive of that at a time when he should be focusing on finishing the war on terror and getting our economy back on track. I think that most American voters will see this and launch his butt back to Chicago.
He certainly hasn't delivered on his promise of transparency within his administration, but he's certainly transparent.

The way I see it, if he truly believed in gay marriage, there would have been no need to "evolve". Someone should ask him if he believes in God and God's law. If he says he does, then he's lying about one or the other.

Quote:
With the current leadership, no.

However, it was possible to defeat the Klan in the South and Fascism in Europe, to think these things are not possible requires historical ignorance or a defeatist attitude or both.
I don't think it's about ignoring history or having a defeatist attitude, it's about acknowledging the reality that we're dealing with a different kind of animal here. One that, short of annihilation (end of the world), is never going away...kind of like the gay issue.

Last edited by Bonnie; 05-17-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:39 AM

I'm watching "Hannity" right now and he is talking with Ed Klein who wrote, "The Amateur". He has some interesting things to say about his interview with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright who tells Klein some surprising things about Barack Obama. And he's got audio tape of the interview.

Anybody else watching?
Old 05-17-2012, 01:41 AM

Quote:
With the current leadership, no.

However, it was possible to defeat the Klan in the South and Fascism in Europe, to think these things are not possible requires historical ignorance or a defeatist attitude or both.
so you think i have a defeatist attitude and am ignorant to the history of the world....and you got all that from my post....thats even more interesting.

i could tell you why defeating terrorism isn't possible,but it wouldn't do any good...you seem to have already made up your mind on the subject.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I'm watching "Hannity" right now and he is talking with Ed Klein who wrote, "The Amateur". He has some interesting things to say about his interview with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright who tells Klein some surprising things about Barack Obama. And he's got audio tape of the interview.

Anybody else watching?
I was! Wow, what an eye-opener, eh Bonnie? Hard for the opposition to trash Klein when he's backed up his facts and has Wright on tape.

If our MSM were impartial, they'd be all over themselves to report/print the details instead of Romney's prank from half a century ago. Can you imagine if this was Bush?

I think the story will get legs; at least, I hope it does.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I was! Wow, what an eye-opener, eh Bonnie? Hard for the opposition to trash Klein when he's backed up his facts and has Wright on tape.

If our MSM were impartial, they'd be all over themselves to report/print the details instead of Romney's prank from half a century ago. Can you imagine if this was Bush?

I think the story will get legs; at least, I hope it does.
From what I've read, the MSM just wants to trash Klein and talk about "his" credibility. You won't see them trashing Obama's credibility though.

I'm glad Klein has Rev Wright on tape; he has others on tape also from what he told Hannity. They are supposed to have more with Klein on Hannity tonight (Thursday) if anyone is interested. I can't wait to see what else he reveals and who else he got on tape.

I think we have a greater chance of being hit by a meteor in our backyard than we do of ever seeing impartiality by mainstream media.

Last edited by Bonnie; 05-17-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
From what I've read, the MSM just wants to trash Klein and talk about "his" credibility. You won't see them trashing Obama's credibility though.

I'm glad Klein has Rev Wright on tape; he has others on tape also from what he told Hannity. They are supposed to have more with Klein on Hannity tomorrow night if anyone is interested. I can't wait to see what else he reveals and who else he got on tape.

I think we have a greater chance of being hit by a meteor in our backyard than we do of ever seeing impartiality by mainstream media.
I think you're right, Bon, I don't know why I keep hoping for a different outcome from so-called 'journalists'...

Old 05-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
I don't think it's about ignoring history or having a defeatist attitude, it's about acknowledging the reality that we're dealing with a different kind of animal here. One that, short of annihilation (end of the world), is never going away...kind of like the gay issue.
I think that's understandable: Henry Kissinger, who is regarded as one of America’s brightest minds even by his enemies, said "The day of the United States is past and today is the day of the Soviet Union. My job as Secretary of State is to negotiate the most acceptable second-best position available."

That was right before things got all Reagan up'n heya!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
so you think i have a defeatist attitude and am ignorant to the history of the world....and you got all that from my post....thats even more interesting.
I was referring to the sentiment generally. You would of course know better than I would whether what I said applies to you.

Last edited by PRShrek; 05-17-2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Clarification.