Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-10-2012, 01:42 AM
Hughes fanboy

Default Bullying "causes" suicide?

Seems odd to me that "all of a sudden" the issue of bullying has been making front page news. Blaming bullies for teen suicide to me seems asinine. Certainly when someone is bullied it can do nothing short of exacerbate any and all existing problems they may have, but does it "drive" them to freaking murder themselves??

I sense there is a darker agenda at play here. Satan may be clever, but his tricks are predictable at the same time.

What do you all think?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 05-10-2012, 02:36 AM
Administrator

I'm getting a little concerned with how high school bullying is suddenly being linked to the Gay Rights movement, as if it's only "gay" teenagers who get bullied. I'm worried that a lot of regular kids who are bullied simply because they are quiet or just don't fit in are going to have teachers and counselors trying to convince them that they are gay and will only find "happiness" if they pursue a gay lifestyle.

I see the potential for a lot of confusion and permanent mental or physical damage done to children because of this.

I understand that groups like the It Gets Better Project are trying to prevent kids from getting bullied, falling into depression and/or committing suicide; but I think, in the long run, they are going to end up making the problem exponentially worse than if they had just stayed out of it.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Hailey's Dad

This is a tough call. For the most part, I think the kids need to suck it up and toughen up. However, I'm sure there are some extreme cases and a lot of kids aren't equipped to deal with it. Just read about a girl who killed herself because of bullying. The "mean kids" started sending out mass texts calling her a slut and other things. She couldn't take it anymore and hung herself.

I think general bullying actually teaches kids how to cope with things but in extreme cases, when the kid is asking for help, something should be done.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:12 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

I have a 14yr old and I hear stories from her about how classmates treat others and it disgusts me. Thank goodness my daughter is mentally rough and also a kickboxer or else she would probably be getting crap. I know one boy was being bullied for carrying his bible Another girl was bullied for supposedly being "fast" or some nonsense like that.
I do believe some stories are blown out of the water.. I remember in school things like this happened, but as we evolve so do the heinous behaviors..
I used to get jumped in high school for "thinking I'm all that!" That's how I think I ended up so feisty and just fought back. Nothing to be proud of and I grew up in the suburbs not the city. Being 1/2 of each race was also a big deal. The little mexican girls hated me lol.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:20 PM

most of the bullying that goes on is more like harmless ribbing, however there are more extreme cases where the kids are relentless and the kid being bullied is scared even to talk out .. it is easy for those of us who weren't bullied, to say these kids need to suck it up, but we don't know what these kids go through .. and yes, bullying nowadays is way worse, texts, web bullying, messages travel fast ...

oh and nate .. don't know about it being a tool for the gay rights movements .. but who knows .. imo, being gay isn't a sin like you think ... i just think it is who people are ... but that is just my opinion ... lol
Old 05-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Harmless ribbing is very different from bullying. The solution to bullying is to teach kids to stand up for themselves and for each other, which is the opposite of the ‘no tolerance’ policy that most schools enforce.

Sin is not a matter of what you think or what Nate thinks, it’s about what God thinks.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
I have a 14yr old
Wait what? I knew you had a daughter but I didnt know she was 14. I always thought you were in your early 20's for some reason.

^this is what perfection looks like
Old 05-10-2012, 10:06 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Wait what? I knew you had a daughter but I didnt know she was 14. I always thought you were in your early 20's for some reason.
I wish.. Yes, I am a mother of a 14yr old.LOL..Surprise! She's entering high school. I have her in my pics album. My twin.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
I wish.. Yes, I am a mother of a 14yr old.LOL..Surprise! She's entering high school. I have her in my pics album. My twin.
Just giving you a heads up, once your daughter gets to highschool, dont be surprised if one of her guy friends asks you to prom haha

^this is what perfection looks like
Old 05-10-2012, 10:54 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Just giving you a heads up, once your daughter gets to highschool, dont be surprised if one of her guy friends asks you to prom haha