Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Yepp, I knew all this.

Not only do I watch a lot of History channel, but I like learning about wwII.
They're are actually a movement of white supremacists who call themselves brown coats in the US, they're on the news every once and a while trying to have a parade or something.
The programme finished before I heard what happened to the SA...I assume they got smushed, because you only ever hear of the SS during the war dont you...the power struggle must have ended in their favour.

I do know interestingly though, that the Nazi party tune, which is not the national anthem, and is obviously at least a decade prior to the second world war doesnt mention the Gestapo, OR the SS....but it make frequent mention to the SA

my guess is Hitler used the SA as part of his communistic guise to get into power...then just before the war allowed the SS to smush the threat...but thats just my guess
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-22-2009, 09:33 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Obama is gonna be sorely dissapointed. Firstly, not sure Britain has any multimillionaire...secondly...if we did, they would use Switzerland not the Caymen Islands. Caymen and Switzerland are the big financial depositories for funds like that...and Englands bound to use Europe because its...closer to us and further from Obama

But...you know what they say "today the caymens...tommorow..the world "
I said, "OUR" billionaires' money, meaning Americans. It's well known, at least in the U.S., that many of our billionaires hide their earnings in the banks at Grand Cayman to avoid taxation.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I said, "OUR" billionaires' money, meaning Americans. It's well known, at least in the U.S., that many of our billionaires hide their earnings in the banks at Grand Cayman to avoid taxation.
Ohhh. I understand now
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Did you know that there was an American Nazi Party .. leading up to and during WWII?





__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
Did you know that there was an American Nazi Party .. leading up to and during WWII?





You know what always makes me laugh about Nazi party officials?

the fact VERY few of THEM were Aryan...those guys look...to American..I dont know...are you saying the Nazi party was a Governmental party in Congress or something
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-22-2009, 11:23 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Ohhh. I understand now
Besides, Grand Cayman is awesome! We want to steal your stingray tourism
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-23-2009, 12:28 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
You know what always makes me laugh about Nazi party officials?

the fact VERY few of THEM were Aryan...those guys look...to American..I dont know...are you saying the Nazi party was a Governmental party in Congress or something
Came real close at one point.. but no.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
Came real close at one point.. but no.
are they still a political lobby group in the US?

or are they now just a social movement instead
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-23-2009, 01:54 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
The programme finished before I heard what happened to the SA...I assume they got smushed, because you only ever hear of the SS during the war dont you...the power struggle must have ended in their favour.

I do know interestingly though, that the Nazi party tune, which is not the national anthem, and is obviously at least a decade prior to the second world war doesnt mention the Gestapo, OR the SS....but it make frequent mention to the SA

my guess is Hitler used the SA as part of his communistic guise to get into power...then just before the war allowed the SS to smush the threat...but thats just my guess
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmabteilung
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-23-2009, 02:22 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
You could have just told me

"Correct"



So the SA helped the Nazi party get to power, then proved to big a threat, so after the SS had swallowed up the Gastapo...they smushed the SA aswell.

These instituions and their leaders are SO predictable
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.