Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-23-2009, 02:59 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I know you didn't JB and I do agree with you. The guy is stacked with potential just like Brock. It's just when folks (maybe WWE fans?) start touting these guys as the next great thing then when they lose it's "Well what did you expect?" Stuff like that drives me nuts!

I agree with you completely, the door definitely swings both ways. Honestly there are just as many MMA fans who are bashing the guy for being in the WWE as their are WWE fans over-hyping the guy. Same goes for Lesnar. All of it is annoying on both ends.

Personally, as a life long fan of pro-wrestling, I truly want to see those guys succeed, but at the same time I understand that they need time to gain some real training and experience in this sport. When people just try and bash guys for being in pro-wrestling and call it "fake", that irritates me. In my opinion, the top guys in WWE have to work much harder all year long then the top guys in the UFC. No matter what people think of WWE, nobody can deny that it takes a real tough SOB mentally and physically to live up to the demands of popularity in WWE. On the road 40 plus weeks out of the year, getting beat up and hurt but still having to go out and do it again next week, sometimes again in the same week. That's nuts. The outcomes may be rigged, but performing on that level is not for the weak, that mat is not as forgiving as some tend to believe.

I know you did not say anything about pro-wrestlers, at least not that I recall, I was just sounding off on the topic.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Chris F

I am a WWE fan and I realized there was a chance he would get caught just like Brock. He has potential sure enough, but a lot of work if he wants to be great. He gassed which he should not have. He boxing was off balance almost WWE like (wild and flaring) He did land some good shots. I like Bobby, but I think Brock did a better job training after losing to Mir. Maybe Bobby needs to skips the cans and loose to grow better.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:02 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
Maybe Bobby needs to skips the cans and loose to grow better.
I can agree with that
Old 03-24-2009, 05:17 PM
pistol-pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Crow
I still believe he is a beast and will be very good. I was pretty disappointed in his fight as he could have done much better and at some point finished Guida. He just didn't have a good game plan or didn't use it due to letting Guida get into his head before the fight. He appeared to come out and just try and man handle Guida from the get go. He tried to hard for those takedowns too early and expended a lot of energy. I think he should have tried to keep it standing longer and setting them up.

I think you will see a much more focused and better fighter in his next fight.

I still however don't think he is near as good as Brock right now and probably never will be. Brock seems to have picked up things much quicker. His stand-up looks better than Lashleys. At least I think his technique looks better.
Lashely is athletic, but what he doesn't have that Brock has is the ridiculous size and strength and to go along with the speed of a man half his size. I also think that Brock might have been training a lot longer than Lashely for MMA. I am not sure though.

I also think that guys like Lashely and Lesnar are built for the cage. It is hard to shoot on a guy drive him into the ropes and score the takedown, while getting a guy pushed up against the fence and then using their strength to lift them, and take them down to the mat would be better suited for their styles.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:14 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
I was actually more disappointed in Guida and thought Lashley did a damn fine job. The one point during the second round where Lashley pinned Guida's hand behind hsi own head was sweet. He stand up (although a little tight) was quick and seemed pretty accurate. not bad for fight #2here's part of rounds 1 and 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSv3vOAFlw4
agree it just seems that he just need more time sparring till he gets it in his head that he can let his hands go and not be overly worryed about getting hit
Old 03-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol-pete
Lashely is athletic, but what he doesn't have that Brock has is the ridiculous size and strength and to go along with the speed of a man half his size. I also think that Brock might have been training a lot longer than Lashely for MMA. I am not sure though.

I also think that guys like Lashely and Lesnar are built for the cage. It is hard to shoot on a guy drive him into the ropes and score the takedown, while getting a guy pushed up against the fence and then using their strength to lift them, and take them down to the mat would be better suited for their styles.
umm yea and the fact that guida had his arms around the ropes for a total of what like 3 mins trying to stall dint realy help bobby put on a good show for us.

would any one else like him fight big foot silva. that could be a big win for him or a first loss that would only get him better ether way he would just get better from it
Old 03-26-2009, 12:27 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
http://mmamania.com/2009/03/25/ufc-q...gs-in-the-ufc/

“I’ve had dialogue with (the UFC) over the past few days. They know where my mind frame is. I hold the UFC in high regard and I believe the UFC is a place where you have to be at a certain level before you get there. I want to be a serious contender for a title before I go in there. When I get to the UFC, I want people to say ‘Bobby is good enough to go for the title.’ I would like to be holding a 5-0 or 6-0 record, somewhere around there before going into the UFC. If I can take what I do in practice and put that into a match — then you’ll see a whole different Bobby than what you saw the other day.”
I knew he deserved a little crap talk,
the guy has had dialogue with the ufc for some time?
eep....
Old 03-26-2009, 02:03 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
I knew he deserved a little crap talk,
the guy has had dialogue with the ufc for some time?
eep....

Why should you hate on him for talking to the UFC?
Old 03-26-2009, 02:18 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake

Why should you hate on him for talking to the UFC?
Oh I don't hate him, I just give him crap.

and because he wants to jump into the UFC, because he thinks at 5 or 6 fights he is ready.

Therefore I can pick on him for not being able to finish Guida who took the fight on a weeks notice lol
Old 03-26-2009, 02:21 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Oh I don't hate him, I just give him crap.

and because he wants to jump into the UFC, because he thinks at 5 or 6 fights he is ready.

Therefore I can pick on him for not being able to finish Guida who took the fight on a weeks notice lol
No, you still sound like a hater.

Lots of guys have come into the UFC with only a few fights.