Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-22-2009, 05:34 AM
atomdanger

Default Lashley/Guida *Spoiler*

What a letdown.

nobody died... nobody even got KOed...

a decision... WTF Lashley....

Guida takes the fight against that over fed giant of a man on a week notice and it still goes to a decision....
Lashley has a lot of work to do
Old 03-22-2009, 06:20 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Wow...

Why is Lashley getting so much flack? It's the man's SECOND fight, give him a break.

I don't remember reading or hearing any smack talk from Lashley claiming to be some super awesome MMA fighter in only his second fight. In fact, most of the time when MMA enthusiasts are discussing fighters they like to use the analogy that "size doesn't matter".

So basically, people (i.e fans) built up some hype in their own heads and then when Lashley did not "kill" Guida, he somehow is a HUGE let-down. The fact is LASHLEY STILL WON. Guida is a punk and he was lucky that it was not Lesnar that he disrespected, because Lesnar would maul that guy in the first round. What really happened was Guida took a fight against a guy with only ONE fight under his belt, he spewed verbal diarrhea to try and sound cool, and he still lost. Maybe Clay can land his brother a job nailing boards together, because obviously professional fighting is not his calling.

Highlight of the night was seeing Roy Jones back in action, scoring a fifth round KO in front of a screaming crowd in his hometown.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:06 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Wow...

Why is Lashley getting so much flack? It's the man's SECOND fight, give him a break.

I don't remember reading or hearing any smack talk from Lashley claiming to be some super awesome MMA fighter in only his second fight. In fact, most of the time when MMA enthusiasts are discussing fighters they like to use the analogy that "size doesn't matter".

So basically, people (i.e fans) built up some hype in their own heads and then when Lashley did not "kill" Guida, he somehow is a HUGE let-down. The fact is LASHLEY STILL WON. Guida is a punk and he was lucky that it was not Lesnar that he disrespected, because Lesnar would maul that guy in the first round. What really happened was Guida took a fight against a guy with only ONE fight under his belt, he spewed verbal diarrhea to try and sound cool, and he still lost. Maybe Clay can land his brother a job nailing boards together, because obviously professional fighting is not his calling.

Highlight of the night was seeing Roy Jones back in action, scoring a fifth round KO in front of a screaming crowd in his hometown.
Oh I am just giving him a little crap, he is just such a monster compared to guida.
It was more a joke than anything.

Are you his cousin or something? lol

Get over it, its the internet, we're here to discuss fights, and fighters.
Lashley cuts to make 265, he took on a guy he has 50+ plus pounds on and came in on a weeks notice, he should have been able to TKO the guy.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:11 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Oh I am just giving him a little crap, he is just such a monster compared to guida.

Lashley cuts to make 265, he took on a guy he has 50+ plus pounds on and came in on a weeks notice, he should have been able to TKO the guy.
lashley just seemed way to tight in his stand up and he would be way better off in a cage
Old 03-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Chris F

Bobby has a lot of work for sure. He missed many chances to pass guard and he almost got himself choked out. For his second fight he did real well and will go far if he works on the ground game. His Carido was tested as was his penitence. I would be interested to see him fight a real good ground guy to see if he gets caught like Brock did with Mir.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:32 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:

First off, I am WAY too white to be related to Lashley, even by marriage. I don't care about busting the guys balls a little bit, but how was I supposed to know you were only joking around?

Regardless, you are still suggesting that because Lashley is 50 pounds heavier he should have automatically been able to TKO Guida. Which is not always true.

As for getting over it because this is the internet and we are here to discuss fights and fighters....There was never anything for me to "get over". I did the exact same thing you did. Posted my opinion on message board. What I said still stands true, Lashley is still green, and Guida is a punk who will never make it as a pro fighter. Taking a fight on a weeks notice is not an excuse. If a fighter is not ready to fight, they should not take the fight.

Last edited by J.B.; 03-22-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:52 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
First off, I am WAY too white to be related to Lashley, even by marriage. I don't care about busting the guys balls a little bit, but how was I supposed to know you were only joking around?

Regardless, you are still suggesting that because Lashley is 50 pounds heavier he should have automatically been able to TKO Guida. Which is not always true.

Taking a fight on a weeks notice is not an excuse. If a fighter is not ready to fight, they should not take the fight.
haha I got a good laugh out of this line.
Too white to be related even by marriage?

and yes, it is true. If you have 50 lbs on a guy, and are a 3 time national college wrestling champion you should be able to TKO Jason Guida.

Also, taking a fight on a weeks notice DOES make a difference in a fight,
if you do not think taking fights on short notice makes a difference I would say you're not so bright.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:35 AM
Chris F

[QUOTE=

and yes, it is true. If you have 50 lbs on a guy, and are a 3 time national college wrestling champion you should be able to TKO Jason Guida.
QUOTE]

What does wrestling have to do with punching power? There are a lot of wrestling champs out there that do not have ko power. And there are a lot of heavy guys who couldn't punch through warm butter. You are assuming way to much here. Bobby landed some blows and Guida took them. SO either Guida can take a punch or Bobby need a better boxing coach.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:31 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
haha I got a good laugh out of this line.
Too white to be related even by marriage?

Also, taking a fight on a weeks notice DOES make a difference in a fight,
if you do not think taking fights on short notice makes a difference I would say you're not so bright.

"Should be able to" and "actually does" are two different things in life. That is part of what makes this sport exciting.

Taking a fight on a week's notice may make a difference, but so do a lot of other factors before a fight. I said it was NOT AN EXCUSE, big difference. Why are you making excuses for Guida? Are you his cousin or something?

The marriage line was a joke, obviously.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:03 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
"Should be able to" and "actually does" are two different things in life. That is part of what makes this sport exciting.
hahahaha thats why I was giving him crap

because he should have squished him like a bug, but actually didn't even hurt him