Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default British Gas: Plan of attack!

Soooo this weekend I shall dispatch a formal complaint to The Firm, and an email to the CEO...Its bound to be a drop box, rather then a direct communique but at least it will be answered on an official level.

I shall give the back ground to the problems along with photocopies of statements including the name change of the account, the original and additional metres to the accounts.

I shall outline the problems over the last few months, including financial spending on phonebills and bus fares to reach landlines, names and locations of who I spoke to and what was promised, and accounts of the bills, theaft of money and harrasment. I shall also mention the harrasement of my parents, due to the name change thingy not happening properly...they are sending bills to Granville with my fathers name on, and nothing to do with my account...one acount with two metres has now become two accounts and four metres!!

Finally I shall outline my demands.

They will include proof in writing of:

the destruction of the Group Metre at Granville.

The Closure of the account in my name, with the voiding of any outstanding payments

the closure of the account in my fathers name, with the voiding of any outstanding payments

The payment by way of Cheque to cover

Bus fares and travel during the move to get to a landline

All phone calls to British Gas both at my place and my parents place by myself, and from my Father at his place

the refund of the 121 units of gas I payed for which wasnt my consumption between 2008-2011

a decent offer of financial compensation...I am looking for between 3-5K about $6-10K

And handwritten formal appologies from the named individuals that lied to me

Failure to comply by 8th June and I'll write to the Energy Secretary of the British Government, and the National Energy Ombudsmen

Failure to comply by the 8th July, and I'm going to go to the online watchdogs

Failure to comply by the 8th August...and I'll show you the clipings from the good old daily mail. If in doubt get the press involved noone likes bad publicity
Old 05-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

firms should know better then to go to war with me
Old 05-08-2012, 11:27 AM

You should speak to my water company for me!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
You should speak to my water company for me!
what seems to be your problem
Old 05-09-2012, 03:08 AM
Student of the Sport

Good luck Dave....don't see you getting the financial compensation or any of the expenses you had reimbursed. But I hope it all works out for you.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Good luck Dave....don't see you getting the financial compensation or any of the expenses you had reimbursed. But I hope it all works out for you.
In England the power of the National Press can make Governments and institutions change their minds overnight...The case for example when the British Government wouldnt pay for the Veterans of the war to go to the Anniversary in Normandy. The Papers printed the story...next day they printed another story of how the British Government had changed its mind

Another case just this last week. The papers reported that HM The Queen was going to cancell the Jubilee Flotilla if the money for the Royal Barge couldnt be made solely on donations and private gifts. She would not allow the Government or her subjects to pay for it via tax....money simply wasnt being offered. Sooo the organizers went to the press and made it clear that they knew which organisations had refused to donate, BUT were planning on doing coorperate events and watch the parade from riverside terraces and the likes. They made it clear that if the money didnt appear, they would publically name and shame those organisations. Investment Bank JP Morgen suddenly offered a hefty donation

The irony is, IF this got as far as press, I'd probably not only gain a windfall from British Gas, but be paid by the papers for the story.

I SO Dare!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
what seems to be your problem
They keep trying to charge me for 6-12 months in advance. Why should I pay that if I could be moving out in 3 or 4 weeks...