Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 06-20-2011, 11:55 PM

Default Sherlock

Has anyone seen the BBC show Sherlock? It is a series based on the characters of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle set in modern day London rather than the London of Victorian England. Like the original stories, Watson is a military physician who is a veteran of a campaign in Afghanistan. In the series, he is a blogger living off an Army disability pension due to PTSD. Sherlock is the world's only investigative consultant. Instead of smoking a pipe, he puts on multiple nicotine patches while thinking about a case. The series makes use of modern inventions: cell phones, computers, etc.

I enjoyed it. The series is available on Netflix. They only made 3 episodes of 90 minutes. Reportedly, it has been renewed and more episodes will be made; however, the actor who plays Dr. Watson has been cast as the lead in the new Hobbit film, so I don't know if that will delay the filming of more Sherlock episodes.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Has anyone seen the BBC show Sherlock? It is a series based on the characters of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle set in modern day London rather than the London of Victorian England. Like the original stories, Watson is a military physician who is a veteran of a campaign in Afghanistan. In the series, he is a blogger living off an Army disability pension due to PTSD. Sherlock is the world's only investigative consultant. Instead of smoking a pipe, he puts on multiple nicotine patches while thinking about a case. The series makes use of modern inventions: cell phones, computers, etc.

I enjoyed it. The series is available on Netflix. They only made 3 episodes of 90 minutes. Reportedly, it has been renewed and more episodes will be made; however, the actor who plays Dr. Watson has been cast as the lead in the new Hobbit film, so I don't know if that will delay the filming of more Sherlock episodes.
Just from that line, Play, you've got me wanting to see it! We get movies from Netflix--I'm going to see if we can get the 3 episodes.

Last edited by Bonnie; 06-21-2011 at 03:02 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Just from that line, Play, you've got me wanting to see it! We get movies from Netflix--I'm going to see if we can get the 3 episodes.
It can be streamed. You don't have to request the actual DVD.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:11 PM

Season 2 begins tonight on PBS. The episode is a take-off on "A Scandal in Bohemia".
Old 05-06-2012, 11:32 PM

Looking forward to this next series. For anyone who has DISH, it's on Chanel 08 playing at 7 p.m. tonight and 1 a.m. (CST) titled "Mystery Masterpiece" on the guide.

Last edited by Bonnie; 05-07-2012 at 03:15 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:45 PM

They turned Irene Adler from an opera singer into a gay dominatrix.