Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Hector Lombard vs. Brian Stann, 'Shogun' Rua vs. Thiago Silva in the Works

From MMAFighting.com:

Quote:
Apr 29, 2012 - UFC president Dana White decided to break some news on an apparent lazy Sunday afternoon.

In response to a couple of fan questions, White wrote that the recently signed Hector Lombard (31-2-1, 1 NC) will meet Brian Stann (12-4) in his Octagon debut and, in light heavyweight action, Maurico "Shogun" Rua (20-6) will face fellow Brazilian Thiago Silva (14-3, 1 NC). White didn't reveal when the fights will take place.

The UFC officially announced Lombard's signing on Friday night, and the now former Bellator middleweight champion will enter the UFC on a 25-fight unbeaten streak.
Stann recently got back on the winning track when he defeated Alessio Sakara at UFC on FUEL TV 2 via first-round knockout.

Meanwhile, Rua was originally scheduled to meet Quinton Jackson until "Rampage" decided to recently undergo knee surgery. He lost a close unanimous decision to Dan Henderson at UFC 139 in November.
Silva returned to action after a year-long suspension earlier this month but lost a unanimous decision to Alexander Gustafsson at UFC on FUEL TV 2.
Man, I'm absolutely rooting for Stann, but this is a bad match-up for him...
Old 05-01-2012, 07:51 PM

I hope Lombard KOes Stann in under 2 min. I also hope Rua does the same to Silva.

^this is what perfection looks like
Old 05-01-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I hope Lombard KOes Stann in under 2 min. I also hope Rua does the same to Silva.
What a surprise....?

I actually hope for the Complete opposite
Old 05-01-2012, 11:18 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I am hoping for the same..
Old 05-02-2012, 02:40 PM

we are going to have to see how lombard handles the pressure in his first ufc fight ... stann is a grinder, but i don't think he can hang with the elite of the division ... if lombard does what is expected of him, he shouldn't have much problems with someone of stann's calibre .......

shogun is going to kill thiago i hope ...
Old 05-02-2012, 03:23 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
we are going to have to see how lombard handles the pressure in his first ufc fight ... stann is a grinder, but i don't think he can hang with the elite of the division ... if lombard does what is expected of him, he shouldn't have much problems with someone of stann's calibre .......

shogun is going to kill thiago i hope ...
Lombard is actually a good fighter. I had a falling out with him over something, but he will walk thru Stann easily.
Shogun vs Thiago is the ultimate Brazilian meat fest for dear ol' Foxy.. Shogun is gonna hurt him though..Ahhh Mauricio.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
Lombard is actually a good fighter. I had a falling out with him over something, but he will walk thru Stann easily.
Shogun vs Thiago is the ultimate Brazilian meat fest for dear ol' Foxy.. Shogun is gonna hurt him though..Ahhh Mauricio.
oh no doubt, lombard is a beast, but for some reason, when guys make their debuts, they look sluggish, gun-shy etc ...

and yes, now that thiago is off the roids, he won't be able to hang with shogun ........
Old 05-02-2012, 05:02 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
oh no doubt, lombard is a beast, but for some reason, when guys make their debuts, they look sluggish, gun-shy etc ...

and yes, now that thiago is off the roids, he won't be able to hang with shogun ........
Lombard is Cuban and grew up in Oz. He will be fine. He has that cocky little attitude going on. LOL... His judo is sick!! I just can't root for him as he climbs the MW ladder. I have no vacancies
Old 05-02-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
Lombard is Cuban and grew up in Oz. He will be fine. He has that cocky little attitude going on. LOL... His judo is sick!! I just can't root for him as he climbs the MW ladder. I have no vacancies
thought he defected to australia after the olympics there? grew up in cuba and competed at the australia olympics then didnt get back on the plane?
Old 05-02-2012, 11:32 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntereo View Post
thought he defected to australia after the olympics there? grew up in cuba and competed at the australia olympics then didnt get back on the plane?
I guess you know more about him than I do. I just refer to him as Fidel/Croc Dundees lovechild