Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-23-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Overeem's Progression Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSRBs1a3AhM

That type of muscle gain is possible, I don't discredit that. Bodybuilders do it all the time, 10 pounds in a year after "newbie gains" is an awesome year and can be done through VERY hard work. The 2 notable differences between bodybuilders and somebody who fights MMA (or really any sport where cardio is required) are:

1. Bodybuilders go through a fat gain phase in order to gain muscle, it's just how the body piles on the weight. Muscle gain = fat gain during the off season (bulking), then it's time to cut the fat to get ready for the "show season" to show the new muscle (cutting). It's typical that bodybuilders do not do cardio during a bulk because it hinders weight gain. A guy like Overeem who fights all the time would not have that luxury to eliminate cardio to help with weight gain.
2. Look at the dude's head, it's gotten like 6-8 hat sizes larger. HGH is the only PED I know to cause such an increase in bone size.

Last edited by rockdawg21; 04-23-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:38 AM

Yup HGH for sure. His bone structure has increased massively. Very obvious looking at his gigantic HGH made head.....and I thought Tito had a huge head, just hink how big it would be if he started injecting HGH