Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-22-2012, 09:48 PM

Barring Hendo landing a massive overhand right and knocking jones out, I see this fight going like all Jones fights dominant in the clinch and striking from the next post code. Don't think Hendo has the cardio to dive in and out, and Jones is a good enough wrestler to nullify Hendo. I also think Jones is probably stronger.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:07 PM

Would love to see Hendo win but not sure if its gonna happen. Could he knock him out? Yes. Can he take a shot? Yes. Can he take him down? I think so. The problem is going to be, what will he do when he gets him down? Go look at what Jones did to Shogun when they went to the ground. His leg strength is unreal. Unless Hendo lands in side control or mount during a takedown, I dont know if he is going to be able to do anything to him on the ground. I could be wrong. Hendo is a BEAST. If he wins, I see it being because of a big punch during a scramble or flurry.

Either way, i cant wait for this fight.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntereo View Post
oh yeah machida was submitted from the clinch.
I think Machida did very good until he got caught! Yeah Rashad took him to a decision and Machida got Chocked out but I think he did a better job than Rashad.... if it makes any sense.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:46 PM

this fight is going to be like the matyushenko fight .. jones takes him down quick and stops him with gnp early ...
Old 04-23-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
this fight is going to be like the matyushenko fight .. jones takes him down quick and stops him with gnp early ...
That would be amazing if he did.... specially if he Knocks him out cold.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:58 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I like Jones, but Hendo will put the pressure on him. Rashad's only shining moments in the fight was when he was moving forward. The difference is that Hendo always moves forward so it'll be interesting to see how Bones deals with it.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:26 PM

I love Hendo AND Jones, so this one won't be as fun for me--I like having someone to root AGAINST!

Hendo can take some shots that others can't, but I agree with others here that he probably doesn't have the cardio he'll need. Then again, if he were to KO Jones early, he wouldn't need it...

I say Jones wins though.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I think Machida did very good until he got caught! Yeah Rashad took him to a decision and Machida got Chocked out but I think he did a better job than Rashad.... if it makes any sense.
I agree! My angle was that JJones found success in the clinch in answer to everyone who thinks hendo will win a fight via the clinch.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntereo View Post
I agree! My angle was that JJones found success in the clinch in answer to everyone who thinks hendo will win a fight via the clinch.
Oh I see. I agree I see Jon Man Handling him and probably subbing him but I also think Hendo is more than Capable of KO him out.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I like Jones, but Hendo will put the pressure on him. Rashad's only shining moments in the fight was when he was moving forward. The difference is that Hendo always moves forward so it'll be interesting to see how Bones deals with it.
he'll take'm down and pound him out ... he tried the same thing against shields and even landed a big shot on jake and still lost ... jones via gnp in the first ......