Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-22-2012, 06:22 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Jones/Henderson

Dana just confirmed it during the post-fight presser.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-22-2012, 06:31 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

$65k Bonuses:

SotN - Travis Browne
KOotN - Ben Rothwell
FotN - Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
__________________

Last edited by VCURamFan; 04-22-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

Hendo - as much as I like him will be just as frustrated trying to REACH Jones as any shorter fighter would.

Jones will dominate him too - unless Hendo gets lucky.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-22-2012, 03:01 PM
kevint13's Avatar
kevint13 kevint13 is offline
Student of the Sport
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greeley, CO
Posts: 684
Default

I think Hendo has a good shot in this one and here's why. I think to beat Jones you have to be willing to eat shots to get where you are most effective. Hendo likes to fight in the clinch, so to get there he will have to try and walk through the punches that Jones throws. And he has a great chin.

The type of guy that is going to have the most success against Jones is going to be someone who fights like Leben or Wandy....those that will keep coming forward and just want to brawl. Shogun and Hendo are the closest that the LHW division has.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-22-2012, 03:38 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

I think Hendo might and I repeat "Might" stand a chance.
I think to be able to beat Jones you need to obviously like you guys stated be able to eat some punches in order to go inside and land some heavy shots.
Also be able to take Jones down!! and I think Hendo might be able to do that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-22-2012, 06:56 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I think Hendo has a good shot in this one and here's why. I think to beat Jones you have to be willing to eat shots to get where you are most effective. Hendo likes to fight in the clinch, so to get there he will have to try and walk through the punches that Jones throws. And he has a great chin.
Only problem is Jones will backpeddle out of the way using his long legs to keep Hendo at bay. It won't be easy for Hendo to get the clinch.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,673
Default

You guys are spot on; it's going to take someone willing to get into Jones' space and make an opening for "the shot". I think Hendo isn't afraid to go for it. Rashad did well to hold his on and not get totally dominated by Jones last night, but he should have pushed forward and taken the risk; he had nothing to lose and everything to gain. Hendo won't be afraid.

Can't wait!
__________________

Last edited by Bonnie; 04-22-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-22-2012, 07:55 PM
kevint13's Avatar
kevint13 kevint13 is offline
Student of the Sport
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greeley, CO
Posts: 684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Only problem is Jones will backpeddle out of the way using his long legs to keep Hendo at bay. It won't be easy for Hendo to get the clinch.
Backpeddling still takes Jones out of his game...hard to throw kicks, elbows, and spinning stuff when you are moving backwards. That's the thing, to beat Jones you have to be on the attack and pressure him. Hendo is going to need a lot of cardio in this fight.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-22-2012, 09:39 PM
suntereo suntereo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 26
Default

problem is that once you get on the inside to initiate the clinch to get past the rangey striker you meet the greco JC national champ with the nastiest elbows on the planet. Evans forced the clinch several times but everytime Jones controlled the position with an overhook, wrist control and head position. EVERYTIME. Rua was brutalized from the clinch position against the fence, Rampage was taken down and submitted and Evans was outwrestled / neutralized from the clinch.

Hendo wont win the fight from the clinch, but transitioning in and out of it will provide the right distance for that left hand of his.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-22-2012, 09:40 PM
suntereo suntereo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntereo View Post
problem is that once you get on the inside to initiate the clinch to get past the rangey striker you meet the greco JC national champ with the nastiest elbows on the planet. Evans forced the clinch several times but everytime Jones controlled the position with an overhook, wrist control and head position. EVERYTIME. Rua was brutalized from the clinch position against the fence, Rampage was taken down and submitted and Evans was outwrestled / neutralized from the clinch.

Hendo wont win the fight from the clinch, but transitioning in and out of it will provide the right distance for that left hand of his.
oh yeah machida was submitted from the clinch.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.