Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
...as a duck with a broken quacker!

I didn't think he was funny. Maybe it's his delivery.
Could you do such a joke in French

People gotta remember...English isnt his first language...but I have to admit, I laugh at his pronunciation aswell, just coz its funny...but on a serious note, not completely his fault...I'd like to see some of the Brazillians speak as good English as Georges.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
You're probably right. I've always loved a french accent (maybe more Paris than French Canadian though).

My "broken quacker" was intended to go with Nate's "lame" as in "duck" not a slur/comment on GSP's accent. I would never poke fun at somebody's accent or broken language. My mom still has an accent after all these years too.
Have you heard of Jess Liaudin He's French...as in Continental/European French...not Canadian....I'll try dig out a Video for you...he's always sending them to me even though I told him I dont speak French...like...not at all...I did a three year course at School...and I sware, I cant remember ANYTHING

I can however say "Its Magnificent but it aint war" in French, I can also say "it raining alot" and a few other mindless phrases that my Father says when he gets excited
Old 03-22-2009, 04:10 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
BJ fans are..... sheesh..... where do I start???

That was flippin funny as hell but the whiners are too blinded by their anger and dissapointment in their lazy ass fighter to see it.

That is why I don't watch football. Football fans are untouchable when it comes to obnoxious fans.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Could you do such a joke in French

People gotta remember...English isnt his first language...but I have to admit, I laugh at his pronunciation aswell, just coz its funny...but on a serious note, not completely his fault...I'd like to see some of the Brazillians speak as good English as Georges.
I wasn't making fun of his "English". As I told Chuck when he "quoted" my post too, I would never do that.

When I posted I didn't realize how it came off until Chuck's post made me go back and read mine. I can totally see how people would take what I said as poking fun at GSP's broken English, though that is NOT what I meant at all. Ever hear that expression, Dave, "lame duck". That's what I meant in jest to his "joke". I just didn't put it very well.

I went back and just deleted the post so there won't be any more misunderstandings.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I wasn't making fun of his "English". As I told Chuck when he "quoted" my post too, I would never do that.

When I posted I didn't realize how it came off until Chuck's post made me go back and read mine. I can totally see how people would take what I said as poking fun at GSP's broken English, though that is NOT what I meant at all. Ever hear that expression, Dave, "lame duck". That's what I meant in jest to his "joke". I just didn't put it very well.

I went back and just deleted the post so there won't be any more misunderstandings.

I realized...I didnt read the whole thread...well I did...but I answered in order and then realize someone had already said something.

sorry...for being...slow

Old 03-22-2009, 05:53 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach
So he is a liar, cheater and greaser
you again?
Old 03-22-2009, 06:35 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Have you heard of Jess Liaudin He's French...as in Continental/European French...not Canadian....I'll try dig out a Video for you...he's always sending them to me even though I told him I dont speak French...like...not at all...I did a three year course at School...and I sware, I cant remember ANYTHING

I can however say "Its Magnificent but it aint war" in French, I can also say "it raining alot" and a few other mindless phrases that my Father says when he gets excited

thats hilarious, I got an A in french in high school and cannot remember a thing either
Old 03-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
thats hilarious, I got an A in french in high school and cannot remember a thing either
its funny.

I did up to GCSE in German, and I remember everything...I did the usual lower school french lessons...and I cant remember a thing...not a thing...unless I really sit down and think about it....German always appealed because its more like English, its made of proper words....the French ideal of apostrophe this and apostrophe that, when its not at all phonetic...confused me...I dont do grammar incase anyone hadnt noticed...and you can get away with it in English or German....but in French...
Old 03-22-2009, 08:19 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
its funny.

I did up to GCSE in German, and I remember everything...I did the usual lower school french lessons...and I cant remember a thing...not a thing...unless I really sit down and think about it....German always appealed because its more like English, its made of proper words....the French ideal of apostrophe this and apostrophe that, when its not at all phonetic...confused me...I dont do grammar incase anyone hadnt noticed...and you can get away with it in English or German....but in French...
I went to a huge ass high school, it was 9 buildings and it was smack in the middle of town, near stores and stuff. So it was easy to ask to go to the bathroom and run to the store, or go anywhere, the only thing I remember how to say in French is asking to use the restroom.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:02 PM
rearnakedchoke

the bj fans are so high up BJ's rear they can't see that GSP was trying to make a joke .... will he end up falling back on his stand up career if fighting doesn't go through? nope, but they are real anal .. i mean Preach is so far up BJ's rear he can almost see atom's ankles ... LOL